PDA

View Full Version : Update on my mom

Cokie
February 26th, 2019, 01:25 AM
Mom's surgery was today. The surgeon said things went just as expected. She was experiencing quite a bit of pain - she is unable to take some of the stronger pain meds so the doctors were working to find something that would manage her pain. She was able to sleep for a while this afternoon. My brother has been texting me off and on all day with reports. Even though she is experiencing some pain from the surgery, overall I think the outcome was what we hoped for. The nurses have already had her roll from side to side in the bed and had her standing up once. I think the next couple of days will be difficult but in the long run, we're expecting a good result! I will call her tomorrow after work - I wanted to let her rest today and both my brothers have been there all day with her. Thanks so much for your prayers.

On another note, my friend and coworker, Nathan, told me today that his mom is having heart surgery tomorrow, and asked for prayer for her. If you're willing, I know he'd appreciate some extra prayers for his mom as well.

Thanks again for all of your prayers and good wishes!

Caroline T.
February 26th, 2019, 01:59 AM
Prayers continue for your Mother's recovery, and Nathan' Mom is added to my prayers too.

PamelaOry
February 26th, 2019, 05:54 AM
Praying...

Star lover
February 26th, 2019, 08:26 AM
Cokie, so thankful you’re mom is doing so well! I’ll continue to pray for complete healing......and also for Nathan’s mother too.

KPH
February 26th, 2019, 08:32 AM
Cokie, Dad always said once you get past day three, you had it made, and Lord knows he had enough surgeries in his life time to know. Praying for relief from the pain for your mother and Nathan's mom, too.

MissMay in Jersey
February 26th, 2019, 11:10 AM
Good to hear all went as expected, hope they fine something for the pain to give her some comfort. Keeping you all in my prayers.

pcbatiks
February 26th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Cokie, glad to hear your mom did well with her surgery. Hoping the recovery will be speedy for her.

Patty J
February 26th, 2019, 02:33 PM
Cokie, good to hear about your mom. Keeping your family in my prayers. Also for Nathan and his mom. Thanks for the news.

GuitarGramma
February 26th, 2019, 03:05 PM
I'm glad to hear the news, and I will pray for both your mom's further recovery and for your friend Nathan's mother.

geegeequilts
February 26th, 2019, 05:18 PM
You know the friends we all have here pray for those in need. Doesn't matter if they are a member or not. If they matter to you...they matter to us.

Consider a prayer being said for Nathan's Mom.

Gina

Cokie
February 28th, 2019, 01:32 AM
Thanks everyone. My mom is doing great! Much better than my brothers and I expected at this point. She's still on a liquid diet and looking forward to some "real" food in the next day or so. Her pain is much better and she's been up walking with a walker and someone with her. It will take time for her to rebuild her strength. She said tonight that she may go to the rehab center as early as Friday (might be wishful thinking on her part).

Nathan's mom did well with her surgery also. She has been in ICU but was hopefully going to be moved to another room today. She had some trouble with her blood pressure being high but they were working on that earlier today. Thank you all so much for your prayers! It brings so much comfort to know others are praying alongside of us in the tough times.

Patty J
February 28th, 2019, 09:06 PM
Glad things are healing and getting better. Mom has a great attitude. That will help with the healing. Prayers for continued healing for your mom and Nathans' mom.

Rhonda K
February 28th, 2019, 09:20 PM
Special wishes for the special moms. May they both continue to improve each day.