PDA

View Full Version : SCAM ALERT! Nimble Thimble Invoice

Judy, USMC
February 25th, 2019, 02:50 PM
Just received an emailed invoice from the Nimble Thimble in Gilroy, California. I have never had dealings with this company and so I gave them a call before clicking on anything.

A very nice message from the owner said this is a SCAM ... the real Nimble Thimble never sent anything. DELETE any message received from Thimble@garlic.com.

Carlie Wolf
February 25th, 2019, 03:03 PM
Well that's a bummer :-(

JCY
February 25th, 2019, 04:43 PM
The scammers just keep trying, don't they. It pays to be alert.

grammaterry
February 25th, 2019, 06:39 PM
I hate it that we have to be so alert to fraud. Why in the world would anyone want to defraud a sewist or a quilter? So sad.

Caroline T.
February 25th, 2019, 07:34 PM
Thank you for the heads up!

jjkaiser
February 25th, 2019, 07:41 PM
Thanks! But don't you think it's a bit weird to order a thimble from a website called garlic.com. That sure caught my attention.

quiltingaway
February 25th, 2019, 08:29 PM
I got that same email. Didn't click the link but did try to call and got a "mailbox is full message". There is a quilt shop called the "Nimble Thimble" located in Gilroy CA. Gilroy is known as the "garlic capital of the world" maybe that is where the garlic connection came from

laura44
February 26th, 2019, 02:05 AM
Lots of scams out there. We got a call at 6am today from our
"oldest grandson", claiming he had been in a accident and needed
money. Too bad we don't have any grandkids....

Monique
February 26th, 2019, 08:07 AM
I hate it that we have to be so alert to fraud. Why in the world would anyone want to defraud a sewist or a quilter? So sad.

Or anyone else for that matter. I get lots of emails from Amazon and Walmart wanting to send me gifts. They go to my spam folder.