PDA

View Full Version : Monday and the last week of Feb WOW!!

Monique
February 25th, 2019, 08:46 AM
Good morning my friends. I hope you all had a great weekend.

We left Friday at noon and headed to Phil's for the weekend. My baby turned 32. And to top it off it was his weekend with Maizyn. We also got to meet the new woman in his life on Saturday. She joined us for dinner on Saturday. A very nice person, she is head nurse at a nursing home. And a very thoughtful person, she brought us coffee yesterday morning. The ride home yesterday was a little hairy at least for me. It had frozen rain earlier in the day but the melting and the heavy rain had no where to go except pool on the road. Les is a good driver. Stopped and picked up some groceries.

We both work today. High high winds this morning with a little snow. Thank goodness I don't have to travel too far. I hope to be able to get into the sewing room tomorrow.

Suzanne, have fun at retreat. Too bad I couldn't make this one but maybe next time.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Star lover
February 25th, 2019, 08:57 AM
Good morning everyone!

So happy for you Monique, sounds like your visit was wonderful.....the trip home, not so much! Thankful you’re home safe! Hope today goes by quickly and you’re home safe once again!

My, we’ve certainly had some strange weather. Rain....no torrential downpours! Yards flooded, we’re higher up, so we’re good....But wow. The roar of it as it rained.....it was sumpthin....and then the winds started. They’re calling it bombogenesis.....or bomb cyclone......never, ever heard of it.....until yesterday. Sustained winds of 45 mph with gusts over 60 mph! My how the winds howled around the door......loud and creepy! Woke me all night long.

I was watching out the window and I’m not sure I can explain what I saw..... the yard is flooded. The winds come and pick up the water and it’s like a sheet of water above the pond......it’s up about a foot and shoots out into the yard.....weird..... very weird...never saw nothin like it!

Now we have snow in the mix......the winds are lower......I’m sooooo thankful we kept our power. So many are without and it’s real hard to repair with all the wind still blowing, even it it’s less at 45 mph.

Hope everyone is well. So many of you are in my prayers, or someone in your family, or someone you love. Loys of love and hugs to all!

baslp
February 25th, 2019, 09:14 AM
Good morning. It’s 37 and very blustery here . I have PT later today. I finished gluing the binding down on my quilt. Now I need to go and buy a light purple thread to sew it. I do not have the right shade in my thread collection. Since I am in the binding mode, I will put binding on my buffalo wall hanging.

Have a good day.
Beth

Carol336
February 25th, 2019, 09:46 AM
Good morning all. Very windy and blustery here today.
Monique - sounds like a lovely weekend with your family. Sorry the ride home was so hairy.
Anita - we had a downpour like that during church yesterday - I thought the roof would cave in

I'm trying to get back to a little normalcy in my life. This morning I'm going for a walk on the treadmill with a group from my building. Then I'm meeting my sisters for lunch. I'm still a it numb but now that most people have been told about my situation, I'm stressing much less. Don't know why that was so hard.....but man it sure was!!

Have a great day everyone

JCY
February 25th, 2019, 10:04 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ It promises to be another nice day. We had 52 yest. & sunny. Today will be the usual laundry. Maybe I'll run the vacuum. I haven't done any major house cleaning since my hand surgery, but it definitely needs it now.

Yest. was a quiet day. Of course, still no sewing. A few more days yet to go. I did some searches on the web for books by a couple of my favorite authors, Kathy Herman & Marta Perry. I don't have anything "new", so now I'm re-reading books that I haven't read for a while.

Time to fix DH's breakfast, so it's on with my day.

KPH
February 25th, 2019, 10:29 AM
Good Morning All,

Guess what, 2 hexies left to bloom! Whoo hoo. Then comes the fun of putting them onto the quilt. lol, well at least I can empty up the one box and put it away.

I didn't work on the garden star yesterday at all. Kids will be here tonight for dinner. Even after going to the grocery store and meat market last week, I can't make up my mind what to make. Actually, Bono's BBQ is really sounding good to me. I'll make one more go round of the kitchen and freezer to see if anything else sounds better.

Mike is going out for an open interview session at Books A Million this afternoon. I cut his hair last night and helped him trim up his beard. He'll have his professional looks on today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.I wish he'd go to Publix as they have benefits and profit sharing. And there are 5 close enough he wouldn't have to deal with too much crazy traffic.

Well, I'd better get busy.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

PamelaOry
February 25th, 2019, 12:02 PM
Good morning All.
Woke up this morning to a call from the school district closing school on account of snow. It’s 33 degrees and what snow fell has already turned to slush here. There must be higher areas in the district with more snow on the ground, either that or a very cautious administrator. Eli will be happy, he was hoping for no school.

Ginny B
February 25th, 2019, 12:48 PM
Good morning everyone. It's certainly a windy one here. It's been howling all night. We heard things banging and blowing around out back last night but couldn't see what it was. Still don't know exactly what caused the rucus but our shed is still standing and our patio set is still where it's supposed to be so we are good. I think whatever was being blown around must have been in our neighbor's yard. The boys were down for a visit yesterday but got on the road before the winds started. Going over the bridge would not have been fun.

We are going out to dinner tonight with some friends so I am hoping the winds calm down a bit by then. As far as the rest of the day goes, I will be in my sewing room for a while but not sure what else is on the agenda.

Time to continue on with my day. Have a good day all. And if you are dealing with these big winds, as my grandmother used to say, put some rocks in your pockets so you don't blow away.

PamelaOry
February 25th, 2019, 02:35 PM
Good morning All.
Woke up this morning to a call from the school district closing school on account of snow. It’s 33 degrees and what snow fell has already turned to slush here. There must be higher areas in the district with more snow on the ground, either that or a very cautious administrator. Eli will be happy, he was hoping for no school.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 26th, 2019, 01:21 AM
Good evening,

Well, it's been quite the first day at retreat. Mostly it was getting here. Yesterday we had rain, so streets were flooded. I expected them to be icy this morning, but not so. It was the winds, upwards to 60k/h. I drove to my GF in the country to pick her up. The roads were ok in the city but once I hit open fields, that's when the blowing snow was causing white-outs. About 1/2 mile from her place, I had to slow down and was about to stop, when there were 2 cars in an accident. I backed away from them up the hill to get to the side of the road. Thankfully I did. When the wind let up, I called my friend and she guided me through a road with more shelter. We loaded up and on our way.

Our drive to the ferry was again smattering with white-outs. It's when we crossed the river and started in the mountain roads. Really poorly cleaned, but kept to a low speed. Then white outs again. Pew stopped when we noticed red lights for an accident. We couldn't see, but I stopped. There were 4 fire trucks, and 7-8 cars in an accident. The cute fireman directed us around, and we were on our way. The entire drive was an hour,but white knuckle drive. No cell phones, but wi-fi. We thanked God for getting us here safe.

On the sewing front, I worked on the block pieces for the kindred pinwheel. It's a beautiful setting. Lovely space for sewing and spreading out. Great first dinner.

Monique- Paulette and Mandy say hi. I think there are other ladies who met you at a previous retreat.
Carol - I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I hope all goes well.

Be safe. Stay warm. Stay dry.

Signing off. Be safe. Be warm.