PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning Sunday

KPH
February 24th, 2019, 08:59 AM
Good Morning All,

I woke up this morning in the middle of a weird dream. It had the silly squirrel, Mike's eye surgeon, and me! Needless to say, I'm kind of curious about the meaning of that!

I worked on the Garden Star quilt yesterday. I'm pleased so far with my progress. I have 12 blocks sewn together. One thing I'll tell you... Make sure you keep your original block in front of you! I got turned around, so Mike and I made a design decision... 1/2 of those friendship stars are going one way, and 1/2 are going the other! I'll pin a ribbon to one set to make sure we have them checkerboard on the final lay out. I do like the way the 4 patches look in the middle.

I cleaned all the pieces up, since the kiddos may be coming over this afternoon. I didn't want them to help confuse my stacks since we sorted out the half square triangles by lefties and righties.

I really enjoyed my last few days of working on a big quilt. No hexies done yesterday, but we'll see what gets done today.

Prayers for those in need for healing touches, strength, comfort, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

JCY
February 24th, 2019, 10:07 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ Katrina, I'm with you. I always keep a sample block in front of me so I get it laid out correctly. It's so easy to turn something the wrong way. I have a bunch of Friendship Star blocks made (one of my many UFOs) that are similar. It has the 4 patches in the 4 corners, but not in the center block. I used oriental fabrics. One of these days I'll put that one together.

Much milder this morning. It's 30 deg. Yest. the temp. got up to 46 & most of the snow melted away. We're supposed to have temps. in the 50's this week, maybe even close to 60 one day. I'll take it.

I considered today's DD. It's tempting. The price is good. Those fabrics make such good blenders to mix in with other fabrics. But...I'll decline & keep using from my stash.

My niece called yest. eve. with an update on my SIL. She's still in the hosp. They're getting a lot of rain in TN with flood watches. I saw on last night's news that Knoxville had flooding.

This morning will be church. Afterwards, I need to make a quick stop at Vit. Cot. to resupply my Kombucha. I hope everyone has a good day.

Snip Snip
February 24th, 2019, 10:40 AM
JCY, do you make your own kombucha, or buy it ready to drink? I like to make it, but can't get the amount of carbonation I like, so I usually end up just buying it. My favorite brand is Synergy, in gingerberry flavor.

JulieC
February 24th, 2019, 11:19 AM
Happy Sunday, Everyone!

I spent some quality time in the sewing room yesterday and made good progress on my wallhanging. I can see light at the end of the tunnel, so I'm really tempted to skip the housework and work on it some more today. I'm hoping to finish it next weekend.

We have a high wind warning today. Temps are starting off mild, in the mid-50's, and will be dropping throughout the day. Rain will turn into snow by this afternoon. I think I will go to the grocery store this morning before the snow hits. Last week or the week before I went in the middle of a blizzard, which started right before I left and ended while I was in the store. I am really looking forward to spring! :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

grammaterry
February 24th, 2019, 11:35 AM
Only 3 more weeks to springs official opening. Hard to believe isn't it? But today we are having a blue sky day and maybe hit 60. Hooray. Maybe it will dry up some of the puddles.
Finished a crib quilt yesterday and some more of my blocks for the quilt I'm working on. I ironed blocks and hst's last night for more than 3 hours. Half done.
Went to Cohen's GM's house yesterday and had a nice visit. While there Cohen and Grandma did facetime. That was pretty cool.
Do any of you do that facetime or duo depending on your phone?

baslp
February 24th, 2019, 01:24 PM
Good morning. There is a lull before a cold front arrives. We are getting ready for high winds ( up to 50 mph). Not a good hair day.
We went to Target earlier to buy another tv for our family room. The kids did something to our old one. Now DH is setting it up. I am sure that there will be some swearing involved in this.
I am putting the binding on my Tula quilt. And trying to decide what to make for dinner.

Have a good day.
Beth

pcbatiks
February 24th, 2019, 01:33 PM
Good morning. The first signs of spring arrived here about 2 weeks ago. The trees or budding out, azaleas & redbuds or blooming. This morning our cars are covered in pollen...........and I'm sneezing. :D

But it's sun shining and beautiful!

Nwmnteacher
February 24th, 2019, 01:43 PM
We're in the middle of a blizzard! No travel warning, winds gusting to 50 mph, wind chills of -25. Only good thing is it's supposed to be over by 6 this evening. I'm headed for the sewing room, and after I have my "fix", I'll be sitting at the computer organizing info for taxes. :-((((

Jeanne

BarbaraB
February 24th, 2019, 01:51 PM
Oh happy day! It's warmer and brighter outside and I'm hoping that spring comes sooner rather than later. I've been working on a quilt from my UFO pile for the last ten days. It has 64 blocks and each block has 6 pieces and I decided to STID on all the seams. It's a gift for a friend that has a recurrence of breast cancer after 30 years, so I'm going slowly and carefully. So far so good...
I've gotten an itch about trying to learn how to digitize my own designs for machine embroidery. I don't really know if I want to go in that direction, so I bought Anita Goodesign's Digitizing 401 course. Wow, what an eye opener. Even if I don't go down that road, it's been a good education about how designs are made.
This afternoon is going to be spent with a good book and a hot cuppa something....no cleaning, no cooking, no laundry, no dog walking. Hope you all have a pleasant rest of the day.

Navy Wife
February 24th, 2019, 02:11 PM
We are seeing the sun at last. After 4 inches of rain Friday night and another 2 in the afternoon and more last night, we are waterlogged. Yes JCY, Knoxville is flooded and Maryville and there are landslides everywhere. Now the wind is blowing a gale with gusts up to 30 mph. I've lived here 28 years and have never seen this kind of weather. Who says there is no climate change?

Other than the weather, there's not much going on here. I've been cleaning out kitchen cabinets and rearranging them. I didn't have time when they finished the new kitchen. I just stuffed things back in any handy way! I did wash the ones I use all the time. Now I'm getting shelf paper in and putting things where they belong. Just 3 more to go.

I think I'll take the day off today and sew. Wonder if there's a good old movie on TV?

Patty J
February 24th, 2019, 03:36 PM
Cloudy skies and a lot of wind. Someone at church said it was supposed to get up to 50mph, It is blowing hard, but I don't think it is up to 50 (not that I'm wishing for that!) I'm not sure the temperature, but it is cold. I can't wait for spring.
I finished the quilt top that I'm making for my sister. Found all the fabric in my stash, but it doesn't look I put a dent in it. I even have the backing cut, but I need help to move and cut the batting. My other sister will be here hopefully on Tues and she will help with the batting and the pinning. Can't wait to finish it. Purple isn't my favorite color.
Prayers for all who need them and who doesn't? May you all have a safe week.

JCY
February 24th, 2019, 04:48 PM
Kombucha ~ No I do not make my own. My favorite brand is Synergy & my fav. flavor is Guava. I buy it at our local natural grocers. It used to be the only place in town to stock it, but some major groc. stores carry some brands now. Our Whole Foods store that opened up a couple yrs. ago carries it, but it costs considerably more there.

Spring ~ Well, I don't see any evidence of it here. However, I started with some allergy symptoms 3 days ago so started using the Flo-Nase. I buy the generic. It helped the very first day. Bonnie Hunter recently posted some pics of blooming trees. Ours won't be blooming till April or May, depending on what the weather does. The first year we lived here (1978), we had a very wet snowfall on May 5 when the trees were blooming.

Cute sign ~ As I was driving home from church today & was stopped at a light, I noticed on the back window of a sm. SUV stopped in front of me: WARNING this vehicle stops at all quilt shops. I like it!

We're having a sunny day. The temp. is up to 50 deg.

PamelaOry
February 24th, 2019, 04:51 PM
Good morning/afternoon.

Really really wet here still, our backyard is flooded in parts with other parts showing signs of spring as the daffodils come up.

Grammaterry, we do FaceTime with my son who lives in NYC. It is great to be able to see him in video chat, although because of the time difference he calls sometimes when we’re still in bed, I tend to not answer the FaceTime then and just call him back.

I have an apt. With my doc on Tuesday to get to the bottom of this side pain.

KPH
February 24th, 2019, 06:30 PM
Good morning/afternoon.

Really really wet here still, our backyard is flooded in parts with other parts showing signs of spring as the daffodils come up.

Grammaterry, we do FaceTime with my son who lives in NYC. It is great to be able to see him in video chat, although because of the time difference he calls sometimes when we’re still in bed, I tend to not answer the FaceTime then and just call him back.

I have an apt. With my doc on Tuesday to get to the bottom of this side pain.

Glad you'll be finding out what's going on. I know you'll be glad to get some relief.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 24th, 2019, 11:45 PM
Good evening,

I'm really late today. I peeked in early this morning, but had to get cracking and pack my clothes, sewing gear and food for the retreat. I tried the KoMari methods for packing my clothes. I managed to fit it all in a carry on bag, even extra clothes if the weather is favorable for snowshoeing. Now the rest is another story. DH joked that I might need to add a trailer to my SUV. I spoke to Dorothy, and I told her she has half for her stuff. Although knthink I have most of the food stuff.

I hope I am not over ambitious. I brought 3 new projects to work on. Even if I only finish one, I usually get bored working on one thing at a time. I also quilted another VQC quilt later early this evening, so I will bring to sew on binding in the evening. Although we can arrive by Monday 9:30 am, this weekend's weather and freezing rain, snow and high winds, I think we may get there later. We have to take a ferry, which I hate taking in the winter. Fortunately it's only a 5 mins ride.

Last night we hosted a wine and cheese with friends. I had researched the wines, and paired them with cheese and foods. It went off beautifully. I had prepared notes and each was presented I tasting order. The good thing is that everyone invited were in walking distance. I visited mom earlier in the day. She had a good day, and staff had asked the doctor to check her lungs for fluids. My daughter is my back up for mom as power of attorney for care.

I am seeing lots of bad weather south of the border. Tornado is Mississippi, floods in Tennessee and snow where it doesn't usually snow. Be careful. Stay safe.

I may not have access, not certain. Have a good week.

KPH
February 24th, 2019, 11:56 PM
Have fun Suzanne! I hope your mom continues to improve.