PDA

View Full Version : Help is on the way all you snowies! Spring in the desert!

LauraP
February 21st, 2019, 09:27 PM
We went to Yuma today and these were on the roadside. And it's been raining for days.

157773 157774

157775 157776

Maybe someone from Arizona can name them?

Tomorrow we head to Las Vegas for my nephews wedding so maybe we can find more flowers.

quiltsRfun
February 21st, 2019, 11:28 PM
It’s snowing in Las Vegas.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/21/us/las-vegas-snow-wxc-trnd/index.html

K. McEuen
February 22nd, 2019, 12:19 AM
And in California!

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-california-snow-20190221-story.html?fbclid=IwAR3LRx8T9e6Nm0kTcLCFrS5Z6IXkO4 89Bksu0eW9hXQAHZx3qGpX6nrEoMQ

LauraP
February 22nd, 2019, 01:29 AM
Well, I at least tried to give you a little break from the snow. And by the way, by the middle of next week we are supposed to be back in the mid-70's.

toggpine
February 22nd, 2019, 01:46 AM
This was us last week, but this photo would not load then.

We still have snow in the pastures and the yard!

pcbatiks
February 22nd, 2019, 03:20 AM
Hang in there! Spring is coming. I noticed pollen on the car today, the azealas are blooming and some of the trees are budding out already.

TMP
February 22nd, 2019, 04:50 AM
It seems like its been raining forever here, so much rain that the earth worms are laying on the sidewalk.

Toggpine, your pasture is so beautiful it doesn't look real ! Love the way the snow is laying on the trees. How lucky you are to live in such a beautiful place.

Star lover
February 22nd, 2019, 08:02 AM
Thank you Laura......I needed a touch of spring and your flowers did the trick.......there’s hope! Spring will be here.....sooner or later! Yup, it’ll get here!

auntstuff
February 22nd, 2019, 08:08 AM
I have daffodils and dandelions and bluebirds.

JCY
February 22nd, 2019, 11:01 AM
Did you see all that snow in Flagstaff, AZ? Broke a record with >31"! When all that moisture melts off, I bet the deserts will be beautiful. No spring in sight here. However, something must be in the air. My allergies are starting to kick up. I think I'll have to start the Flo-Nase.

MissMay in Jersey
February 22nd, 2019, 11:02 AM
Granddaughter Mary lives in CA near Monterrey and her & her DH took their boys, 5 & 3, up to the hills to see the snow. Probaly had more snow than we received from the Big Storm.

grammaterry
February 22nd, 2019, 11:45 AM
Feels like spring is coming in WNC. daffodils and tulips are peaking their heads up.
That 4th picture looks like a weed I pull in the fall. I don't know what it is. I didn't know I should be cultivating it. lol

LauraP
February 22nd, 2019, 12:26 PM
Terry, I think anywhere else they would all be considered weeds but I will take what I can get. It's just nice to see some color other than sand/rock.

toggpine
February 22nd, 2019, 02:07 PM
It seems like its been raining forever here, so much rain that the earth worms are laying on the sidewalk.

Toggpine, your pasture is so beautiful it doesn't look real ! Love the way the snow is laying on the trees. How lucky you are to live in such a beautiful place.

It's pretty bad when the worms have to surface to breathe!

This was a break between the storms and we were trying to dig out enough to keep the roofs from collapsing. The snow was heavy and was weighing down everything. It was beautiful to look at though! This set of storms gave us the most snow we have ever had here. We ended up with about 24" here before it started raining.

I hope you all dry out a bit and that we all see spring soon!

threadbndr
February 22nd, 2019, 02:46 PM
nope, still firmly in winter here in eastern Kansas, where we are forecasted to have a blizzard this weekend! Sounds like a good weekend to stay home and quilt........

MRoy
February 22nd, 2019, 06:22 PM
Rain, rain go away! I live next to a big lake...Lake Cumberland. The normal "pool" level is 723' above sea level. We've had so much rain (especially in the last couple of weeks) that the lake is currently at 749' and still rising.... 2" to 4" of rain is predicted for tonight and tomorrow. The highest recorded lake level was 751' in the 1980s. It's possible that record may be broken in a few days. Wolf Creek Dam has 10 flood gates, all are open now and water is also going through the electric generators inside the dam into the Cumberland River. The river flows through Nashville so the Corp of Engineers has to regulate the flow or Nashville (and other towns along the river) will flood. It's getting real here, especially for folks living along the river.

pcbatiks
February 22nd, 2019, 06:40 PM
This was us last week, but this photo would not load then.

We still have snow in the pastures and the yard!

Cathy, this is a gorgeous photo! Love it.....the photo........don't want that much snow. :D