PDA

View Full Version : Itís FRIDAY......and almost the Weekend!

Star lover
February 15th, 2019, 08:21 AM
Good windy morning to all.

Oh my, windy is an understatement. Itís howling out there! Iím so thankful that old tree was taken down when it was. I canít imagine what might have happened.

We started at 40í earlier this am and were going to drop to 18í. But thankfully (if theyíre right) no more white stuff for a few days. Iím happy. My body needs time to heal from the past week.

Spent some time in my sewing room..... a very good thing.....and Iím hoping for some of the same today.

Not sure when Monique will be back, but hoping and praying she arrives safely home. Love and prayers for so many who are hurting, struggling. Hope Barb (Bubby) is OK, she hasnít been here in awhile.

Hope yíall have a great day and an even better weekend. Love and hugs!

baslp
February 15th, 2019, 09:10 AM
Good morning. According to the weatherman, we have a one day special— above avg temps today. Back to winter temps this weekend. I finally washed my car yesterday. Hopefully my coat and dark pants will stay clean for a few days. I have my normal Friday morning activities today. I have an appt to get my hair colored and cut this afternoon. I may have to wait and do some sewing tonight.
Have a good day.

Beth

Ginny B
February 15th, 2019, 09:43 AM
Good morning. Happy Friday all. Well, today is the day..... dh's last day at work. He will technically be on vacation for the next 6 weeks and then his official first day of retirement will be 4/1. He is excited and a bit apprehensive too. After the novelty of being home wears off, he is worried about what he will do to keep himself busy. I could probably help in that area with my "to do" list for him but I don't think that's exactly what he has in mind. I guess we will see how this goes. I adjusted to retirement quite easily and I hope he does too.

Anita, glad you don't have to worry about that tree with the winds you are experiencing. We had a beautiful tree in the front of our house that had to come down a few years ago. I remember praying everytime we were going to have a storm with winds, ice, or heavy snow that it would withstand the assault and not come down. We did lose a few large branches and limbs but thankfully it caused no damage to life or property before we had to take it down. I do miss it. It was beautiful in its' day.

I am going to head up to my sewing room for a bit this morning. Then I will be having lunch with my friend Ceil to talk about books. I just finished Pieces by Sally Field and she would like to read it so I am bringing it to her. We read a lot of the same books and like to have our own little "book club" meetings. :icon_bigsmile: Then this evening hubby and I will be going out to dinner. He says it is for Valentine's day (too crowded in the restaurants last night) and not to celebrate his retirement since he won't officially be retired until April.

Have a fantastic Friday all. I hope everyone gets a little sew time and hope Monique has a safe trip home.

Bubby
February 15th, 2019, 10:03 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Thank you to everyone who wrote birthday wishes...72 today. I told Jeff that I never expected to live to this age! I'm sure feeling my age lately.

Our weather is going to fall apart today with ice and snow starting late morning. It ruined my plans to have lunch out with my GF Janice. By noon we are supposed to have a lot of ice on the roads. We sure have trouble getting together the last year or so, mostly because of the weather.

Beth, enjoy your 1-Day Special....I guess ours was yesterday.

Tomorrow is Maggie & Sugar's first birthday and we will be having a little party for them with ice cream and special doggy treats . Dottie will be the guest of honor and she has special headwear for the occasion. I hope we can get some cute pictures. After eating the treats I don't know what will happen. Maybe a game of Hide 'n Seek..they just love for me to hide from them. Finding Mom is their favorite game.

I have 13 blocks made for the wedding quilt. I feel a slowdown coming on. It's hard for me to sew on the weekends.

Wishing everyone a safe and warm Friday...with love & hugs.

KPH
February 15th, 2019, 10:22 AM
Good Morning All,

This has been the week of changing plans and going with the flow. Today, Jim was supposed to come over and grade this morning and J was going to have school this afternoon since I had the Dr. appt yesterday. (Side note, the peripheral vision in one eye is 25% and 22% in the other) so I'm still a little better off than the required 20% for the 'free service dog' qualification.

Back to this morning. Jim was supposed to be here around 8 with kids and papers in tow. Well, someone left the refrigerator door open over night Wed. They lost everything in the fridge, but now it's not going back down in temp. They tried putting ice in to help, didn't work. So he's thinking it's the freon again. He called and changed the plans, this morning we're going to Lowe's to buy a fridge. Something he can pick up and take home. So at first, he was going to leave the kids here, but now I'm going to be the sounding board. Oh boy! Morgan just got off duty, she needs to sleep, especially since she has to go back to work tonight.

Now the plan is Lowes, get the refrigerator today. Mike can help him get it in today. While J and I do school. Maybe, Jim will come and do some grading this afternoon, but he'll definitely be here tomorrow. Now, will the kids be in tow tomorrow? I don't know. If you ever need lessons on just going with the flow, come to my house! Lessons are free and I'll have coffee or tea... or something stronger if needed. lol!

My plans for quilting the top I started this week are on hold, needless to say. That's alright I'll get it done eventually.

The feeders have been busy this cloudy morning. The finches have had their fill for a bit, half a dozen of them tweeted and flitted about. Now the squirrel is on top of one, and the cardinal is hanging on the bottom of the other one fussing at the squirrel. I think the Blue Jay would have better luck. A morning dove is cleaning up the deck from the squirrel's discards. So it's busy out back today!

I'll have to wait until this evening to see Jenny's tutorial. I think I'm going to be pretty busy all day from the sounds of it.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, comfort, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

shermur
February 15th, 2019, 10:39 AM
Morning.....it's still cold.

Working on Quilts of Valor 2019 Block Drive blocks.....here are the first 4 I have done. I will need to search my stash to see what fabrics I can create more with....

I have a second job interview over the phone this morning...I hope it is hope that I find the right position for me!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 15th, 2019, 10:45 AM
Good morning everyone and happy birthday wishes Barb.

There's a light snow falling which may change to rain for a bit today, but generally we are expecting a nice weekend with no more snow. I hope the city crews clean the streets better than their current state. It's also not as cold as it has been. Just to give you an idea, our lawn has about 5-6' of snow across, higher where the driveway snowbanks are. And yet, I'm not sick of winter, since I get to sew a lot. Also thankful we have not lost any power, a roof over our head and plenty of food and fabrics in our cupboards to survive the season.

I visited mom yesterday morning. She is coughing a lot, so I wore mask and gloves. I hope it does not become a bronchitis or pneumonia. I stayed with her while she got her foot care treatment and also a quick manicure. I think I found the source of bacteria. I realized that the staff have not been cleaning her dentures. She used to do that herself. i am surprised they didn't do this, as her cleaning tablets and bowl are on her table. If you don't ask, they don't do. She was pretty tired after that as she doesn't usually spent the morning in her wheelchair.

I had a wonderful massage, which helped with all the aches from shovelling. Then we had a quiet dinner at home.

We have some chores to do today and errands to run. I might not do any sewing, but the projects are lined up. Then we have early dinner reservations. I will have to go through my list of things to pack for the retreat, also to plan my one meal contribution and snacks. I plan on bringing my snowshoes as its a lodge by a lake with hills.

Enjoy today. Stay warm. Stay dry. Be safe.

Star lover
February 15th, 2019, 10:46 AM
Oh Sherri, I hope so too! I pray that the perfect job comes along and brings you great peace and joy!
Your QOV blocks are fantastic.,

PamelaOry
February 15th, 2019, 12:01 PM
Good morning All.
My husband is back from his work week away from home. He was happy leaving for work this morning that he could come home half way through the day and finish his work here, he canít do that when heís in DC or Virginia working. Ginny, congrats to your husband on his retirement. My husband wants to retire but we are some years from that yet.

I got several blocks for diamond star done yesterday, Iím just not thrilled with how itís turning out. I didnít have a clear color placement plan when I started, more of an organic, here is a pattern, here is a fat quarter bundle, violaí!, plan. Oh well, hubby seems to like it so Iíll at least make enough for a throw.

Happy Birthday Barb!

Angelia
February 15th, 2019, 01:05 PM
Happy Birthday, Barb!

baslp
February 15th, 2019, 05:22 PM
Barb— Happy Birthday!

Ginny— Congrats on DH’s retirement. My DH has decided that he wants to be a fly fishing guide when he gives up the scalpel.

JCY
February 15th, 2019, 07:04 PM
Friday Afternoon Greetings! ~ I'm just now getting here for a daily post. No time this a.m. Every other a.m. is DH's medical procedure. I did 2 loads of laundry, & hung my pillows outside in the sun to air. I still have to re-make the bed. I left at 10 a.m. for the monthly senior fellowship at church. Our speaker today was a missionary who teaches in various Asian countries. Very interesting. When hearing a presentation like this, it makes me thankful to be born in the good old USA, where we are free to worship & study the Bible without being harassed by police, being arrested, etc. Lunch was quiche, 2 kinds of salads, & dessert. It's always nice to eat food someone else has prepared. On the way home I made a quick stop at the groc. store for items I wasn't able to get on Wed. at Walmart.

I've talked with several others who have had the carpal tunnel release surgery done. I guess I just need to be patient & let more time pass.

Tonight I need to do further work on the taxes. I need to get it done & get it over with. I hope everyone has a good week end.