PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Trivia: Tonsilloliths

Star lover
February 14th, 2019, 08:43 AM
Tonsilloliths, or tonsil stones, are the result of food particles that become trapped in the folds of your tonsils, where they calcify into little white hardened masses.

They smell awful, and they can cause persistent bad breath. Although tonsil stones are a common affliction, many people aren't aware of them until they dislodge one and cough it up.

.......never heard of this one. Id have posted a picture...... but kinda gross!

auntstuff
February 14th, 2019, 09:18 AM
Makes me glad I don't have tonsils

MissMay in Jersey
February 14th, 2019, 10:58 AM
I had never heard of tonsil stones until recently when I happened upon some Ytube videos about popping pimples, removing ear wax and tonsil stones. They are gross and I'm also glad my tonsils were removed when I was a kid.

Anyone a fan of Sandra Lee, aka Doctor Pimple Popper? Somehow her videos are educational and surprisingly calming although sometimes the popping is quite gross.

auntstuff
February 14th, 2019, 11:18 AM
I had never heard of tonsil stones until recently when I happened upon some Ytube videos about popping pimples, removing ear wax and tonsil stones. They are gross and I'm also glad my tonsils were removed when I was a kid.

Anyone a fan of Sandra Lee, aka Doctor Pimple Popper? Somehow her videos are educational and surprisingly calming although sometimes the popping is quite gross.

Um...no. The name alone is enough to put me off.

amartin24
February 14th, 2019, 11:41 AM
Yes, they are very gross indeed! Had this happen to me when I was a kid before I had my tonsils out. Didn't know there was a name for them.

laura44
February 14th, 2019, 01:33 PM
Both my boys get them, yes, they are gross.

PamelaOry
February 14th, 2019, 03:18 PM
I used to get them before I had my tonsils out.

geegeequilts
February 14th, 2019, 04:09 PM
Ewww! Glad no picture was posted cos that IS gross. Still interesting though.

Thanks

Gina

Caroline T.
February 14th, 2019, 09:56 PM

I confess, I watch her every week.

MissMay in Jersey
February 15th, 2019, 02:12 AM
I confess, I watch her every week.

Haven't watched her show much but it's amazing how many people suffer from terrible skin problems and huge disfiguring lumps on their body.