PDA

View Full Version : Thursday.......and Happy Valentines Day!

Star lover
February 14th, 2019, 08:32 AM
Good morning all......

Weather continues to be strange. Went 3 rounds clearing snow yesterday. My body doth protest! I like the sound of a drink with something in it to cure all aches and pains! Today is to be 40’! Then drop like a rock! We’re going to have some mighty fine skating rinks! .....all in the wrong places.

Managed to do a little sewing.....hoping to do more today.

Love and prayers to many......so many. Hope y’all have a wonderful day...AND.....

Happy Valentines Day to all!

baslp
February 14th, 2019, 09:09 AM
Good morning and happy Valentines’s Day,
After all the runnng around I did yesterday, I plan on staying home today. It should be a pleasant day — no wind or precipitation I received a dozen red roses from my DHlast night. I will go to Whole Foods to see about buying him a small dessert.

Btw laundry loads I hope to get more work done on my braid quilt.

Anita— you should be in good shape after this winter!

Have a good day.
Beth

PamelaOry
February 14th, 2019, 09:14 AM
Good morning!

I’m up really early today, will und up taking a nap no doubt.
We had a short break from the rain now it’s back at it. Forecast calls for snow one day next week but I’m pretty sure they just do that to give us something to look forward to, that day never actually gets here.

Hubby gets home from his travels today, will be nice to see him on Valentine’s Day!

I worked on my diamond star blocks yesterday and got 4 more done, it’s really starting to take shape. My SS project is on hold pending more supplies.

Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone! ��

Cathy F
February 14th, 2019, 09:23 AM
Morning all,

Wishing everyone a Happy Valentine's Day!

The sun is shining and temps are supposed to be warmer today, but what I'm really liking is that it's staying lighter longer no more dark skies at 4:30.

I received a beautiful arrangementf flowers from my husband and my daughter and son-in-law also sent a very pretty arrangement. They really brightened up my day. Not sure what's on our agenda today.

Sewing room clean up is coming along slowly but it's getting there. I'm loving all the things I'm finding again but it's distracting me as I want to play instead of clean.

Wishing everyone a good day, I'm off to fire up the Keurig.

shermur
February 14th, 2019, 10:00 AM
Happy Valentine's Day.....DH and I wished each other the greeting and that about sums it up. There isn't money for anything else; good gracious I need to find a job soon!

I saw a post on my FB page that popped up for Quilts of Valor 2019 Block Drive (https://www.qovf.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Block-drive-2019-revised.pdf). Having two children who are former military, the post ignited influence to use up blue fat quarter I have and donate some of the blocks. I will try to influence the little guild I belong to to get on the band wagon! I am also reaching to former guilds (in Arkansas and Missouri) to do the same!

Oh....I am so sick of the snow and winter....come on SPRING! 30 plus days...UGH!

JCY
February 14th, 2019, 10:12 AM
Good Valentine's Day Morning! ~ Very mild here this a.m., 50 deg. Yest. it got up to 63 deg. The warmer temps. must have brought out the skunks. I smelled it at 4 a.m. today & had to close my BR window. Ugh.

Yest. I ran my errands after Bible study. One of my stops was Walmart. I bought a set of 8 Anchor Hocking 16 oz. glasses. Our supply of glasses has dwindled over the years. I browsed the Valentines. Some were $6., which I thought was a bit steep. I found one for less. DH & I will exchange cards today.

This a.m. I'll be in the kitchen making DH's chicken soup. My hand is improving. I hope I can manage the heavy kettles. The chicken I bought yest. still was frozen, so I had to put it in a dishpan of cold water to thaw. I put it in the frig. in the eve. I did all the veg. prep. last eve., so they're ready.

Terry ~ I looked up that "Children of Israel" quilt pattern. I had never heard of it. Did you paper piece all those blocks? Marcia Hohn has that block pattern on quilters cache. It's also available on other web sites. I won't be putting that one on my bucket list.

Enjoy your day. Spread some love.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 14th, 2019, 10:42 AM
Good morning and happy valentines day to all,

It's sunny today but oh my shoulder is really sore from shovelling the back steps and a path through 4' of snow to clear gas meter on the side of the house. Luckily we bought a light aluminum shovel last week, so it was easier. We're not expecting snow until Friday, but only 3-4". We have reached record snowfall this year. That's ok as I know the ground will absorb it all in the spring, and things will be green.

I did manage to finish more waffle tea towels, with a cute cooking border theme. Only 7 more to make, but I haven't decided on the border. Do you think people would like cat-themed print on tea towels? Or would they think cat hairs on my dishes?

I have to go to my mom's place this morning. I had a call from the head nurse. Mom has a fever again and it's not a UTI. She has been coughing (possible bronchitis/pneumonia) and is confused. She hasn't been eating, and refusing to go to the dining room. They are starting another type of antibiotic.

DH has to go to his son's place, the bathroom fan has stopped. It's one of the things we didn't replace when we bought the place. The joys of being a landlord. DH is rather stiff from yesterday, he doesn't bounce back as fast as I do.

I am going for a massage at noon. Then we will have quiet dinner at home. Tomorrow night we have reservations at our favorite steak restaurant. That's pretty much it. We don't exchange gifts, as we do that when it strikes us. Today is the 14th Valentine that DH and I have spent together.

Katrina - I'm so sorry about your BIL. No one truly understands the pain and inner illness that individuals suffer alone.

Live, love, learn and quilt on.

MissMay in Jersey
February 14th, 2019, 10:52 AM
Happy Valentine's Day to all. 157630

Loving the sunshine after the snow, rain and ice earlier this week, also my cold is going away and that brightens up the day also. Getting a much needed haircut this afternoon and then some shopping at the new European style market in town, anyone have a Lidl (sp) near them? Advertised prices are good so I'll give it a try.

BarbaraB
February 14th, 2019, 11:52 AM
Oh happy day the sun is shining and it's warmer.
Yesterday the wind woke me at 2:30 am and it was awful to go outside to walk the dogs. I didn't need to cook, clean or do laundry, so I spent the day quilting one of my UFO projects from last year. I'd like to see it finished by the end of the month. That would make 4 done for the year so far....only 4 more to go.
I bought a new Instant Pot cookbook from Amazon and this morning I made Honey Sriracha Chicken. It smells soooo good. Dinner will be something to look forward to instead of the same old things.
Hope you all have a wonderful day!

grammaterry
February 14th, 2019, 11:56 AM
Joy, I did not paper piece. It went together without much trouble to make each block but then, I squared them a little too much so my triangles didn't exactly match up. But that's sort of my skill level reaching out. I can only say, "I tried"
The day promises to be sunny and bright. Suppose to be in the 60's . Starting out cold though.
I am thinking of starting a new project today just can't decide whether to use up scraps or choose from some nice folded yardage. Hummm….
DH is going to split wood today. We have certainly used a lot this year. Its so muddy out there where he has been rearranging the back yard.
Need to get on with the day.
Happy Valentines day to all.

Simply Quilting
February 14th, 2019, 01:57 PM
Happy Valentine's Day! Today is a beautiful day with a high of 43F (much warmer than what we have been having). Hold on because tomorrow has a winter weather advisory with a high of 14F. I keep hoping with as cold as it has been, that it will kill a lot of bugs since we have had mild winters for many years. We are actually have a real winter this year.

Valetine's Day lunch is yummy grilled pork chops from last month's banquet that have been frozen, twice baked potatoes, steamed broccoli, coleslaw and dessert. With the crowds, it is way easier to eat at home today than to try to go out.

I am going to try to get a table runner pieced today. The fabric came in for the quilt that I have been commissioned to make. Now I am just waiting on the center panel to be designed along with the photographs to be digitally printed.

Have a wonderful day everyone :)

Navy Wife
February 14th, 2019, 02:40 PM
Happy Valentine's Day to all! Not much going on in east Tennessee. The sun is in and out, and supposed to be near 60. We had 2 inches of rain on Tuesday, and clouds and drizzle yesterday.
I'm still getting things put back in my sewing room. I have most of it done. We went out to eat last night, so will be here tonight. I got a much needed hair cut this morning. DH bought me chocolate covered strawberries.
This will be our 64th Valentine's Day. Some were spent together and some apart, thanks to the Navy. That really makes me feel old! Back to work getting my room ready. We are supposed to have more rain, and it will be a good time to sew!

KPH
February 14th, 2019, 03:50 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone.

I'm really late to the Valentine's party. I hope everyone is having a great day. I received flowers from my financial advisor. She sends bouquets to all of the widows. It's a nice touch. I never got flowers from Howard because of allergies. They are pretty, but they do make my eyes itchy.

Jim had a stressful day yesterday, so I offered to take them out to dinner close to where Morgan works. I think her locking her keys in the car again sent him over the edge. He said it really helped to not have to figure out dinner. So it was nice to meet and eat together.

After that Mike and I went to JoAnn's to pick up backing and batting. I forgot all about getting a replacement foot for my machine. So, we went back today after my eye dr. appt. Nothing shocking there, 'you have considerable constriction in your field of vision'. OH how I wanted to say, well DUH.. but I didn't.

Mike and I stopped at Fire House Subs after JoAnn's mini trip today. My foot is replaced so I'll probably find the old one soon. I can only hope.

I need to finish filling out the paperwork, get a sympathy card ready for Richard's family. I still can't believe it, I still remember teaching him how to bake biscuits from scratch. I need to get the package ready for Melinda and get all of that in the mail, so I'd best get busy.

Have a wonderful Valentine's.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, comfort, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

geegeequilts
February 14th, 2019, 04:08 PM
Hope everyone's having a sweet day today. Lot of folks don't do anything for Valentine's Day but we do cards & DH always gives me flowers. I watched NCIS this week & the new lab tech gave everyone a just because gift. Made sense to me anyway. Still trying to make progress in sewing room but you know....

Be safe, be warm, be good to each other & always give thanks for all we have.

Gina

MSN
February 14th, 2019, 11:31 PM
I did manage to finish more waffle tea towels, with a cute cooking border theme. Only 7 more to make, but I haven't decided on the border. Do you think people would like cat-themed print on tea towels? Or would they think cat hairs on my dishes?

Suzanne, I think that a cat-themed print on the tea towels will definitely appeal to cat people.