• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Happy Friday!

Don't know about you, but I'm glad to see Friday!

Yesterday it was a surprise when we walked out of Pieology (pizza place) and by the Noodle Company was the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile! lol, Mike took pictures naturally. I wonder how they ever found that many empty parking spaces at dinner time. They were all occupied when we went in to get our pizzas.

I worked on the 30's theme for SS yesterday. Piece work in the morning, home schooling J in the afternoon, and more work on it in the evening. I'm pleased with the changes I made to the original pattern. It makes more sense to my brain now. lol,

I put together a few hexie flowers yesterday and noticed, I've worn all the silver off of the needle. I guess it's time to get a new one out. I'll probably work on those today, but the first big project is to get the tax papers together. I need to check off what's come in and see what's missing.

Next Wed. and Thurs. I go to the eye dr. again. Visual Fields test on Wed. and results on Thurs. I'll have to see if Diane and I can swap one of J's days. I was so flustered about having to go back for results, I didn't think about having J on Thurs afternoon.

Talked to Melinda's husband yesterday. The chemo has attacked her joints. There isn't much left of her hip... and the oncologist wanted her to take PT. Thank goodness she went to an orthopedist before she started that! He told her PT wouldn't do any good without replacing the hip. So, her summer will be healing from more surgery.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, comfort, wisdom and healing. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou
  • KarenC
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2015

Re: Happy Friday!

Good morning Katrina and all to follow. I am off work today sitting at the dealership getting my car serviced. It’s not cheap keeping cars in shape, but I need this one to last. Getting close to 100k miles in 5 years. Those commuting miles add up. Oh well, such is life.

Weinermibile! I have my own photos. My kids have even been inside it. We have seen it a few times.

On the quilting front, I have finished niece’s wedding quilt. Will take photos today and share separately. Now I have stabilized a batch of shirts for a friend who ran lots of marathons before discovering a brain tumor. I hope to stitch the top together this weekend and get the backing fabric. Other than that, I am looking forward to spending some time with the grandbaby this weekend. I haven’t seen her in a few weeks so will keep her for a sleepover. DD usually enjoys the break too.

Hope everyone has a great day. Prayers and good thoughts for all.
    Karen
    Spring, TX

Comment

• Star lover
      Missouri Star
      • Apr 2016

Good morning and a Good Friday to all!

Yup, I’m happy it’s Friday.....one day closer to spring.......

I’m sooooo thankful that old tree was cut down. It’s been super windy, 48 mph. The doors shake so much, I keep thinking someone’s there. Ice finally melted off a bit. I was so tired last night the howling wind didn’t keep me from sleeping......a very good thing!

Katrina, I hope you’re able to get everything with your eyes straightened out. The Weinermobile was at the Henry Ford.....the grands love it!

I hope to sew some later today. It’s nice and warm in there......as long as the power stays on. I’m ready if we lose it, but would rather it stay on......of course!

Hope everyone is stays safe, warm, enjoy the weekend! Love and hugs!

Comment

• grammaterry
        Missouri Star
        • Dec 2015

Katrina, you are so busy. Hope the test results are good. Oscar meyer mobile is somethin' isn't it.
        Nothing going on here. A little sewing, a little yard work, DH is goling to work a gun show this weekend. I'll probably go visit MIL.
        success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
        Terry of NC

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Missouri Star
          • Aug 2015

Good morning,

We lucked out again and the freezing rain "missed us, by 'that' much", as Agent Max Smart would say. However, the winds have been howling. I didn't sleep well with the snow sliding off the roof. It's like small avalanches, then the big ones.

image.jpg

I had hoped to do more yesterday but I wasn't feeling well from Wed night. It feels like a stomach flu, but not. Then I picked up Thai food for lunch after some errands. I did help DH pin the GS quilt. He had trouble pushing the pins through the layers & 2 layers of batting. I had larger pins which did the trick. Then I cut some waffle yardage I have for tea towels. I will add borders, for gifts or for sale. I got 20 from the pieces I bought for $10 at a fabric sale. I also washed fabric for a musical theme quilt for a friend. It will be an easy one, with panel, blocks and border. We were both very tired, so I rested and Michael fell asleep on the couch. I think there must have been MSG in the food.

Today I won't push myself. Maybe I will just press the fabrics I've washed recently.

Katrina - I hope Melinda gets the treatment that is right for her. I get that visual test done as well as my DD, since my mom has glucoma and another condition. So far, so good. Weinermobile - now I have that song stuck in my head.

Enjoy your day. Stay warm. Stay dry. Be safe.
          Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• KPH
            Missouri Star
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
            Katrina, you are so busy. Hope the test results are good. Oscar meyer mobile is somethin' isn't it.
            Nothing going on here. A little sewing, a little yard work, DH is goling to work a gun show this weekend. I'll probably go visit MIL.
            lol, I've done visual fields all my life, they're always progressively worse, which is why I usually refuse to take them any more. If my field of vision is less than 20% I'll qualify for the service dog and other visual services. I guess I'm hoping for bad results, as long as my acuity is good, I'll deal with the tunnel vision.

Jerrod told me to check about going ahead and getting my SS switched to my name on disability instead of using the Widows benefit. I guess that's a possibility, I'd bring home a little more, but I'm not sure of what the other benefits would be to me.
            Katrina
            From NC, retired in FL

Comment

• Ginny B
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2012

Good morning all. Well, all the family has flown back to their roosts and I sure do miss everyone. I had a wonderful week and being around his brothers and nephew sure helped Johnny get through those first rough days after losing Booda. It was difficult for me the first couple times that I walked downstairs to Johnny's apartment. But overall, it was a great week. Zeke got to experience some snow (after it got back up into reasonable temperatures), we went to a wonderful area near where John and Rob live and got to spend some time outdoors walking around a lake,playing in the playground that was there and just letting Zeke run around. We went out to dinner one night instead of cooking and went to a hockey game too. It was my first hockey game and Zeke's too. We had a blast! Sadly, the NJ Devils lost, but it was still a fun evening.
              Today I am going to catch up on laundry and cleaning up a bit here. Vacuuming needs to happen. I also have to take a trip over to my sister's place to take in the mail, start the car, etc. Next week is hubby's last week of work. I am looking forward to not hearing that alarm at 5 a.m. We will be making plans for a couple of trips -- first one being a trip up to our favorite B & B in CT for a few days of unwinding without the "going back to work" cloud hanging over either of our heads. I am sure it will be a different feel on the trip home. Then we will be planning a trip out to California later in the spring. We are thinking about going upstate in the fall and visiting with dh's cousins for a few days and then just driving around and seeing some sites up in that area. I am sure there must be some quilt stores I may just happen to plan to be near.

I've got a lot of catching up to do here. I hope you are all well. I've missed you all but had a great week. I know Monique is on vacation so hopefully she is enjoying some nice, warm weather and some r & r.

Have a great Friday
              Ginny B
              Levittown, NY

Comment

• LauraP
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2015

What the hey!!!!! Woke up this morning to a temp of 34, which wouldn't be bad if we were in Kansas but since we are basically on the Mexican border it sucks.
                Since I am out from under the quilts from H**L I will start a SS project after I get back from the local quilt show. I am feeling better finally so it's time to get busy again.
                sigpic

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                  Missouri Star
                  • Dec 2013

Good Morning! We have sunshine this morning and cold. Thankfully, my migraine finally went away about 9pm last night. Little one went to bed quickly last night so the other children and I played Mexican Train with the dominoes til almost midnight. Out of 16 rounds, we have 5 left which we may do tonight after one of the children gets back from a birthday party this evening.

Dh and I are going out to lunch to celebrate our 22 anniversary. It's lunch instead of supper because he works evenings.

Other things on the agenda for the day is laundry and doing some sewing.

Have a great Friday everyone

Comment

• shermur
                    Missouri Star
                    • Mar 2013

Afternoon....

Well, the new job didn't work out. When the new office manager took over, she made it apparent she didn't have time to finish my training and that the job probably wasn't the right fit for me. Not to mention, she wouldn't advise what I could help with to fill the boring time that accured during the day. I had a panic attack this morning, and it was decided that I wasn't the right person for the job. Ce' La Vie....

So, now DH is upset with me; even though he has moved us how many times over the past 4.5 years and making it very difficult for me to find a true home in my employment. I am past over-whelmed.......
                    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• geegeequilts
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jan 2015

Sherri, Try not to stress over the new job. Sometimes the "trainer" doesn't know enough about the position & won't acknowledge it. A good job is out there waiting for you, Don't let DH worry you too much. He knows you're trying. Being overwhelmed over anything doesn't make anyone feel good about themselves.

Take a deep breath & tell yourself that this too shall pass.

Gina

Comment

• PamelaOry
                        Applique Angel
                        • Jan 2019

Good morning /afternoon All.

Sherri, I’m so sorry to hear about your job and the panic attack. I have panick attacks too. One of my worst memories was the panic attack I had in a job interview. It’s so frustrating because the cost of having them is so high but you still don’t have any control over when/where/if/how they are going to happen. I’ll be sending warm thoughts your way today.

Simply quilting happy 22nd anniversary! I hope you guys have a lovely celebratory lunch ��

I’ve never seen a wiener mobile up close, only in passing on the freeway/highway a few times. Do they hand out free hotdogs or something?

My 2 1/2 inch square project is completely complete and I was able to work on my diamond star quilt yesterday. I’ve been struggling with pain from doing the sorting while standing/leaning over (which I know better than to do). I want to get started on my next Ss project but I’m a little hesitant after reading some of the detail info people are starting to share. Ie. Love florals vs. dislike florals... what if I make something and then find out that it’s a solid dislike for my ss? At the same time, there’s not a lot of time between when we find out who our person is and the deadline for having 4 things done. Maybe I’ll go through the themes again and find something kinda universal. I already know what I want to make for my 1930’s theme, maybe I’ll work on that.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
                        Pam

Comment

• KPH
                          Missouri Star
                          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by PamelaOry View Post
                          Good morning /afternoon All.

Sherri, I’m so sorry to hear about your job and the panic attack. I have panick attacks too. One of my worst memories was the panic attack I had in a job interview. It’s so frustrating because the cost of having them is so high but you still don’t have any control over when/where/if/how they are going to happen. I’ll be sending warm thoughts your way today.

Simply quilting happy 22nd anniversary! I hope you guys have a lovely celebratory lunch ��

I’ve never seen a wiener mobile up close, only in passing on the freeway/highway a few times. Do they hand out free hotdogs or something?

My 2 1/2 inch square project is completely complete and I was able to work on my diamond star quilt yesterday. I’ve been struggling with pain from doing the sorting while standing/leaning over (which I know better than to do). I want to get started on my next Ss project but I’m a little hesitant after reading some of the detail info people are starting to share. Ie. Love florals vs. dislike florals... what if I make something and then find out that it’s a solid dislike for my ss? At the same time, there’s not a lot of time between when we find out who our person is and the deadline for having 4 things done. Maybe I’ll go through the themes again and find something kinda universal. I already know what I want to make for my 1930’s theme, maybe I’ll work on that.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
                          Pam, don't panic over SS. Everyone is so appreciative. I know I love everything my SS gave me last year and I use so much of it already and have plans for a lot of the fabric she gifted me, too. We all know the work, time and effort that goes into the projects, so there's nothing to be nervous about. Plus the benefit of a gift being outside of your 'standard' go to's, opens the door to enjoying new things.

I'm excited about working on the SS projects. It gives me a chance to try new fabrics and new skills in making new things. I'm getting ready to start the Zipper theme. Mike is looking at the list and fussing that I've been all over the place, which is true. As I see something I want to try and if fits a theme, I get started on it!
                          Katrina
                          From NC, retired in FL

Comment

• JCY
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jul 2013

Good Afternoon ~ Just now getting here. Had an early a.m. dr. appt., the follow up from my carpal tunnel surgery. He was pleased with my progress. No therapy ordered for now. An assistant took out the sutures. The dr. wants me to wear the wrist splint more than I have been, so I'm hunting & pecking again today with my R hand. No soaking of the hand in a tub bath or dishwater yet for a few more days. I've been wearing a glove for food prep. & dishes.

After the dr., I stopped at 2 groc. stores. Restocked on raw peanuts & pecans from the bulk food section. I found some good looking kohlrabi, which I usually don't find except at the farmer's mkt. in the summer time. I like to eat it raw.

It was bitter cold this a.m.; only -1 deg. But it's now up into the 30's, which is a big improvement from yest. It never got >24 deg. Temps. will be moderating. It looks like DS#2 in the Seattle area is in for round 2 of snow.

The FAA is gearing up for another possible gov't shutdown. However, this time, if it happens, DS#1 will be excepted & not affected. He used his furlough days during the previous shutdown for projects around the house.

Well, I think I'm about ready for a c. of coffee & my recliner. I need to get some ice on my hand.

Comment

• chelea
                              Missouri Star
                              • Mar 2012

Hi everyone. Busy morning doing my spring cleaning. I'm on day 5 of 12. Last coat of Java gel stain went on the banister earlier this week and it looks like that will do it. Giving it a good drying out before the top coats. Now I have the spindles to paint white. There are only about 10 of them but they'll need primer and 2 coats of paint. I'll be glad when this project is done.
                              Finished up the Blockhead for this week. Just need to do a little hand stitching on my January SS project. Got the February project mostly cut out, need to figure out a background. Pam, I left a post in the SS group about your concern. I hope you'll feel better after reading it.
                              Have a peaceful evening.
                              Michele
                              ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~
                              To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world ~Dr Seuss

Comment

Working...
                              X