PDA

View Full Version : It's VACATION Monday

Monique
February 4th, 2019, 07:34 AM
Good morning friends. Just about all packed and ready to go. Just a few small things to do. I did not get any sewing done at all, busy shoveling snow. Went to Bonnie's and watered the plants and shoveled more snow.

Later today we are headed to Greg's and will spend the night with him and Ashley and then leave tomorrow for Cuba.

I will be missing some birthdays while I am away. Bubby and Buckeyeyequilter are on the 15th, happy birthday Ladies, Grampz on the 16th, and lapeoples and bronnyb on the 17th. Happy birthday to you all. They are the only ones I know so if I miss someone else's, sorry.

I will be thinking of you.

Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
February 4th, 2019, 08:24 AM
Good morning to all!

Oh Monique, you will be sooooo missed! I sure hope you have a grand time. Lots of R&R and soak up all that sun and fun! Safe travels and let us know all about your adventure when you return.

Wow, we’ve sure had some strange weather. We’ve gone through a 70’ temperature change in a few days. Highs in the 50’s today, with rain. Lots of flooding around, but I’m OK.

Hoping to get into my sewing room today. Seems like a long time since I was in there, it’s only been 2 days. It feels like longer.

Thinking and praying for complete healing for Joy. So many others needing prayer too. Love and hugs to all.

KarenC
February 4th, 2019, 08:26 AM
Safe travels Monique, and have a relaxing time.

KPH
February 4th, 2019, 08:50 AM
Monique, have a great time! We'll miss you! I hope your trip is everything you're expecting and even more!

Well, around here, it's the sicky yucks. Last week, Zeke and Jonathan had the 'cold' then the runs. Saturday night (after holding hands with Esther during our Walmart trip) Esther had the runs. She shared... enough said. I messaged Jim, and cancelled having the little kids and dinner.

I worked on hexies until my thread decided that knotting and breaking was the only thing on it's mind. I switched gears and worked on Jonathan's school work. I doubt that I work on much of anything today.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

baslp
February 4th, 2019, 08:58 AM
Good morning. Have a great trip Monique! Can’t wait to hear about all your experiences.
Yesterday I had a good time at the art museum. I have not been to the art museum in 10 yrs. they have made some great changes. I am going to work away on quilt. I really did not want to watch the super bowl, so I sewed.
It much happening today.

Have a good day.
Beth

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 4th, 2019, 10:33 AM
Good morning everyone,
Monique - enjoy your well-deserved vacation. Be careful on your drive in to Ottawa, as we are still on freezing rain warning.

I had a message from my daughter. They arrived safe and sound At Punta Cana. They were pretty tired as they were up at 3am, for 7am flight. She sent pictures of the kids playing on the beach. They have taken to the weather, like fish in a pond. They look so happy, and my daughter said they were given an upgraded suite. It makes it worth it. Even the little one who was sick, looks much better.

Yesterday I stayed in and quilted a top for VQC. I am almost finished sewing the binding. We had an email from national office, thanking everyone but reminding us of the continued need and requests for quilts. They have 300 requests in January alone. I think this is across the country. If it's not cancelled, I will go to VQC meeting today. I would love to see cancer eradicated, so quilters can focus on other projects.

I hope everyone has a safe day. Stay warm and stay dry.

grammaterry
February 4th, 2019, 10:46 AM
First, let me wish Monique a joyous adventurous vacation. Katrina, get feeling better, and JOY hope the pain has subsided and you are on the mend.
I made angel food cake yesterday while I vacuumed and swept then I fed the fish and sewed for two hours then out to the yard with a rake. The tulips are putting their heads up to see whats going on and the daffodils too. Its going to be a glorious spring. The little gold fish are thriving...almost the size of my index finger.
I read last night while DH slept and the superbowl blasted its noise through the house. Glad that's over. The new book by Sandford is good.
Tomorrow is our 37th anniversary.
MIL is still in hospital. Thinking she can come home on Wednesday.
Life is good, God is great

PamelaOry
February 4th, 2019, 02:11 PM
Good morning All.

Happy vacation day Monique! Hope Joy is still on the mend, and now Katrina too. Hubby just came in home early from work with the sniffles, he’s caught a bug too. So far I’ve avoided it.

Well we got my design wall up and I’ve got the diamond stars up on it. It is so much easier to see what I need to make next! Because there is a lack of wall space in the sewing room it is in my bedroom which really works out, I see it while I’m in here and it gives my brain something to chew on.

Prayers for healing and happiness today.

Carlie Wolf
February 4th, 2019, 03:47 PM
Have a great vacation Monique!

Still no heat here. They keep coming....fixing it....leaving...within a half hour it just goes out again.

geegeequilts
February 4th, 2019, 05:04 PM
Monique
Have a great vacation & really enjoy yourself. You've been thru so much you need to unplug & smile for a week! Or more....

Gina

JCY
February 4th, 2019, 07:20 PM
Good Afternoon ~ I'm late getting here. Had a busy morning. Did 3 loads of laundry. Dental appt. for cleaning at 10 a.m. Pooh! I need another crown! That molar already has multiple fillings, & now has cracked. So more dental work slated for next month. Remember my saying I had partial numbness on the L. side of my tongue after my last crown work? Someone here on the Forum mentioned it took 6 mos. for hers to clear. The dentist said the same thing had happened to him & it should get better in a few mos., so I guess there's hope. The dental office moved Oct. 1; this was my first visit to the new location -- his own, free-standing building. It's very nice. So pleasant to have nice windows w/views in all the treatment rooms. In 1 room there's a view of the mts.

On the way home, I stopped at Dollar Tree (needed more of the large baby gift bags), the bakery, & picked up a Chipotle's take-out chicken bowl. I get 3 meals out of it. I'll be taking it easy the rest of the day.

Thankfully, I slept better last night. Much milder this a.m.--- 40 deg. High today has been 50 deg. I saw 3 rabbits out in the back yard this a.m. I think we might be getting close to mating season. They were chasing each other & doing the leaping in the air. So funny to watch.

I'm ready to relax in my recliner & have a cup of coffee.

LauraP
February 4th, 2019, 08:20 PM
Have a great vacation Monique!

Still no heat here. They keep coming....fixing it....leaving...within a half hour it just goes out again.

Might be time to push for a new heater. It's not going to get warmer for awhile.

Carlie Wolf
February 4th, 2019, 09:02 PM
I suspect that will be the end result Laura. They are coming back again tomorrow. Trying another switch. If that doesn't work I have one more day I think of warmer weather. Then I'll let Bob know I believe it's time for a new furnace, although by now he should know this himself. I recall back in November when this first happened that the guy said when he replaced the motor that several sensors where not hooked up. Wouldn't surprise me that when the furnace was put in years ago that there was a problem with the unit and they resolved it by unhooking those sensors. This is the fourth replacement switch they done since Nov with three the last 5 days. I mean, like, come on guys, time for a reality check. These are the times I hate being a renter :-(

KarenC
February 4th, 2019, 09:14 PM
These are the times I hate being a renter :-(

I think your last sentence says it all. The landlord is just doing everything to avoid replacing it. Just my honest opinion.

MSN
February 5th, 2019, 12:28 AM
Carlie Wolf, does your state have any laws that protect renters? If the landlord can't (or won't) provide you with a dwelling with a reliably working furnace, what remedies do you have available to you?

Carlie Wolf
February 5th, 2019, 09:07 AM
They probably do. Thing is with those laws, if you complain there is nothing to prevent you from then having a sudden rent increase which you can't afford or them making your life difficult so you no longer have the rental. This is a private house and could also be sold out from under you. So you can, I think, be ****ed if you do and ****ed if you don't. :-/ I think at this point he knows that if there isn't a solution in the next few days his time is up because the temps are going down again. He's probably hoping for a miracle , it's just so darn annoying in the mean time.