PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Hellos!

JCY
February 2nd, 2019, 11:27 AM
Good Morning ~ I was surprised to see no one had yet started a thread for today. By the time I finish hunting & pecking, someone probably will also be posting.

It's frosty outside & 23 deg. It got up to a balmy 62 deg. yest. I just put in a load of laundry--my first since prior to my surgery.

I've been wondering if I could get away with some piecing if I don't use the rotary cutter for trimming. We'll see. I do need to go to the groc. store for a few items. With Super Bowl Sun. tomorrow, I hope it won't be too crazy. I'll go right after breakfast before the store gets too busy. Otherwise, I'll be taking it easy in my recliner & doing more reading.

I hope everyone has a good week-end.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 2nd, 2019, 11:32 AM
Well Joy, I didn't see a thread either, so posted also. I am slower at posting.

I'm glad you are up and about. Oh, I would avoid the stores if you can. I went yesterday, and stores were all busy. Don't do more than you should.

Happy Groundhog Day.

Patty J
February 2nd, 2019, 11:42 AM
Monique is leaving soon for her much deserved vacation, Maybe she left?
The sun is shining here in Wisconsin and the temp. is much better than it has been upper 20's So it will be a very nice Feb. day. Have a good day wherever you are.
I'm going to my sisters' house to do some sewing on some bags we are making. Need to be done for Wed gifting. With the Polar Vortex we couldn't get together so today is the day.

KPH
February 2nd, 2019, 11:59 AM
Good morning All,

Happy Ground Hog's Day. Not much happening here. Yesterday was my eye dr. appt. Disappointed we couldn't get all the paperwork filled out to turn in to vision rehab. but it is what it is. I'll have the fields test done on 2/13 and get the results on 2/14 (lovely way to spend Valentine's Day).

I worked on hexies yesterday and scouring the internet for something unique for the zipper theme. We'll see, this project is a maybe, I'm going to try it out and see if I even like it.

I cleaned up the kitchen this morning, now I need to clean off the dining room table. Jim will be here shortly, he's making a trip to Walmart, and I have a couple of things to pick up. So I'll ride with him and help keep the kids all in one area.

It's such a dreary day here. The birds have been busy at the feeders since I scooted the squirrel off the deck. I can't believe he didn't come back. The sparrows have found the feeders. There's usually about a dozen of them here at a time. The mocking bird chases them around, but 12 to 1 he's fighting a loosing battle. It's fun to watch him chase a couple of sparrows off while the rest of the sparrow are dining in peace on the feeder bricks. The tufted tit mice don't seem to mind sharing with the sparrows.

I'd best get started making a list, hopefully I won't leave my book at Walmart this time!

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Cathy F
February 2nd, 2019, 12:14 PM
Morning all,

Temps are about 16 this morning but the sun is shining.

Katrina, we have multiple bird feeders, some with seed and some with high energy suet for the cold weather.The birds go through it quickly in this weather. We get sparrows, downey woodpeckers, and have 2 red belly woodpeckers, they are quite large. It's always fun to watch them. We also put shelled peanuts out for the bluejays everyday and they come right over when we put them out.

This past week we've had our turkeys in the yard every day, all 10 of them. Guess this bitter weather has them all scavenging for food. We give the turkeys Cheerios and they love them. As soon as they see my husband come out of the house with them they come running. They aren't the most handsome of birds but their feathers are beautiful when the sunlight hits them. Almost the color of a copper penny. They are fun to watch especially when they hop up in the birdbath to drink. Good thing our birdbath is cement as the turkeys are quite big.

Not much on my agenda today, we'll see how the day unfolds. Been working a bit on the embroidery machine, but I really should be cleaning the sewing room instead.

Wishing everyone a good day, be safe and stay warm.

Bubby
February 2nd, 2019, 12:30 PM
Good Morning Everyone...It going to be warmer here today..maybe in the low 60's. They said it will be a 92 degree temperature change from what we had the other day. This whole thing is awful.

Jeff went to the apartments this morning and I stayed home with the Girls. It's such a production for all of us to go when we don't have a vacant apartment to put them and all their gear. If you think dogs don't have gear, let me tell you that we bring crates and bedding, food, bottled water, treats, toys and baby gates x 3.

Did anyone else who uses Gmail get notified that your email account is being removed/shut down on 4-1-19? I'm totally confused about this and will have to go talk to my guru.

I have a load of clothes to fold and hungry mouths to feed.

Have a great day everyone!

chelea
February 2nd, 2019, 01:02 PM
Good morning everyone! The temp is all the way up to 24 and should make it up to 33 today. Monday and Tuesday it will climb to 57 which will feel like a heat wave and cause all the snow to melt.
Today I'm going to continue with my foyer rehab by staining the banister. Hubs is busy painting the baseboards. Then I have closets and drawers to clean. Hope to get some time to work on my Secret Santa project for January. It's just about finished.
Barb, I got the email from Google too and did some research. Gmail isn't going away, but the Google + social media part of it is. I never used that...there was a page with news and the option of joining groups, sharing photos etc., sort of like Facebook. So all that will go away but there won't be any changes to basic Gmail accounts.
Joy, glad to hear you're coming along. Try not to overdo it. Are you going to have physical therapy? I did it with my first carpal tunnel; they showed me some exercises. The second time around I didn't bother. When I had the thumb surgery I decided I could sew with any fingers that weren't covered up by a bandage. Doctors just don't understand a quilters strong need to sew, lol.
Have a peaceful day everyone.

Cathy F
February 2nd, 2019, 01:08 PM
Good Morning Everyone...It going to be warmer here today..maybe in the low 60's. They said it will be a 92 degree temperature change from what we had the other day. This whole thing is awful.

Jeff went to the apartments this morning and I stayed home with the Girls. It's such a production for all of us to go when we don't have a vacant apartment to put them and all their gear. If you think dogs don't have gear, let me tell you that we bring crates and bedding, food, bottled water, treats, toys and baby gates x 3.

Did anyone else who uses Gmail get notified that your email account is being removed/shut down on 4-1-19? I'm totally confused about this and will have to go talk to my guru.

I have a load of clothes to fold and hungry mouths to feed.

Have a great day everyone!

Barb, I got a notice that Google + is closing down not gmail. If you have a Google + account you can download whatever pictures you want to save from any you may have posted.

KarenC
February 2nd, 2019, 01:35 PM
Joy, so good to see you recovering nicely, just don't overdo it.

I haven't been posting regularly since going back to work. When I get home at night, I'm pooped. Work is not hard, but a lot to do. It's now supposed to go through March. I may need to cut down my hours to get some quilt projects done.

Weather is cloudy here. I think temps are to be in the 60s, and then rain moving in for several days. Don't care much about the Superbowl this weekend. My sewing machine is ready from servicing, so I will pick it up shortly and come home and work on binding first, then a t shirt quilt.

Barb, when I read your post, the first thing that came to my mind was April fools joke. Glad we have some other savvy quilters in this group who researched it for us. I didn't get it, or maybe just deleted it. Who knows.

Happy weekend folks!

PamelaOry
February 2nd, 2019, 02:18 PM
Good morning from Oregon!

I have a class in less than an hour at the quilt festival and I haven’t even had my shower yet. I just decided that I’m too old to get worked up over such things and sat down to read the forums while my caffeine kicks in. If I’m late, I’m late. If I miss it, I miss it. Quilting is supposed to be fun and rushing to a class is big time not fun for me. I’ll enjoy the rest of the festival regardless.

I’ve discovered Jen Kingwell patterns and want to find a beginner friendly one, I’m really attracted to her patterns but not her fabric lines really. I spent yesterday cutting charms for my swap and got a few more diamond stars completed, I’ll get that quilt done eventually! Hubby is going to hang a design wall for me today, that will help. I’ll be able to get a good look at where I’m at with blocks now.

Well, I can feel the caffeine kicking in, off to the quilt festival I go.

Have a happy day everyone!

Carolnnc
February 2nd, 2019, 02:28 PM
Good afternoon. It's sunny and chilly here today. I think it's supposed to hit 60 degrees today and get nice and warm early next week. I know it won't stay warm but a girl can hope!

I had a much needed haircut yesterday. The sweet young lady who cuts my hair got quite scissor happy so I don't have much hair left. It grows really fast so in three weeks it will be perfect. DH just grinned and asked if my head was cold.

My sister called a few days ago and asked if I wanted to go to the mall with her today. I swore I'd never go with her again but in a moment of weakness I said sure, I'll go with you. She is like a hummingbird on speed. She zips into a store, zips around the clothes and zips back out. Being 12 years younger than me means she still has the nervous energy we were gifted with in our DNA. She also has the attention span of a gnat:) She wants to go to a new restaurant at the mall and it's going to be fun watching her squirm while I enjoy eating.

DH called and said he wouldn't be home by 5 today. He said he was worried he didn't order enough wings for the Super Bowl customers. Twenty six more days and his life as a meat market manager will be over. I am so happy for him.

Thank you guys for the heads up on the Gmail issue.

Joy: I'm glad your hand is healing.

Barb: I laughed at your description of taking the pups with you. It reminded me of hauling my kids around when they were small.

CathyF: Years ago we had a pet turkey named Bob. He would roost on the cab of DH's truck at night. DH would honk his horn when he got in to go to work. Bob would hop down, fluff up and gobble. One day I was sick and sleeping on the couch. I kept hearing Bob gobble and finally looked outside. He was in the middle of the street, standing in front of a work truck, fluffed up and gobbling, The guy in the truck was blowing his horn and laughing. There was a line of cars behind him and everyone had their head out their car window. I went running out in my pj's (looking like death warmed over) and chased Bob back into the yard. It was quite the show and the neighbors were telling the story at church the next Sunday.

Well off to see what I can do with what's left of my hair before I head for the mall.

Hope everyone has a great day.

JCY
February 2nd, 2019, 08:09 PM
Sat. afternoon ~ I did make it to the store this a.m. -- yes, & it was busy. But not too crazy. I needed only a few things. Parking always is a challenge on a busy day. I wore a disposable glove on my L. hand to protect it from germs on the cart handle. Our store provides the sanitary wipes, but being a nurse, I'm always careful. If the wipes dispenser is empty, I lay a plastic bag over the handle or use one of the wipes I carry in my purse. By the time I got the groc. put away & had a snack, I was ready for my recliner & some ice to my hand. I have been taking it easy.

MissMay in Jersey
February 2nd, 2019, 09:19 PM
Bubby wrote "Did anyone else who uses Gmail get notified that your email account is being removed/shut down on 4-1-19? I'm totally confused about this and will have to go talk to my guru.'

I have Gmail but haven't received any notice. Gee I hope it isn't true as I started that email when I got locked out of my previous accounts. Also not everyone made note of it. Let me know if anyone gets some info.

Cathy F
February 3rd, 2019, 06:19 AM
Bubby wrote "Did anyone else who uses Gmail get notified that your email account is being removed/shut down on 4-1-19? I'm totally confused about this and will have to go talk to my guru.'

I have Gmail but haven't received any notice. Gee I hope it isn't true as I started that email when I got locked out of my previous accounts. Also not everyone made note of it. Let me know if anyone gets some info.

May, the notice was only for Google + not your Gmail.