PDA

View Full Version : Lost Time

Carolnnc
January 29th, 2019, 06:14 PM
It's been quite a while since I was here. Life really got me down. I missed coming here to see what everyone was doing and am trying to get back in the groove.

Our house sold and we had to be out the Monday after Thanksgiving. We moved to our friend's house which is next door and started looking for a house. Everything we saw was really awful and we wondered what to do. Then I got sick the middle of December and was sick until last week. Getting sick, being stressed out, not having my "stuff" and not finding a place worth buying took its toll and I have been terribly depressed. I've gone days without getting out of bed, leaving the house or talking to anyone. This was really weird for me as I am a very happy, positive, upbeat and nutty gal.

DH and I went to Virginia over the weekend to look at a property that we'd seen the weekend before. We went under contract with a closing on Feb. 28th. The home inspection went okay with only one concern we didn't expect. The yard is perfect for us but the house isn't what we thought we'd end up with. We have decided we can work to make it a home or if we find we hate it we can sell it and try again. The best part is are all the people we've met are very open and friendly and there's a quilt shop in town (happy dance).

So I've found my way back to the forum and am looking forward to hanging out with you guys again!

jjkaiser
January 29th, 2019, 06:48 PM
You will feel differently once your stuff is all moved in. Every new house has it's challenges and sometimes wonderful surprises. I can understand why you were so stressed out but I am glad to see you back here and hopefully each day gets a little easier.

MaggieSue
January 29th, 2019, 09:26 PM
Welcome back and do check in with us frequently. Sometimes a quilty item posted will help you get back to your groove.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 29th, 2019, 10:01 PM
Welcome back. Don't be so hard on yourself. You have gone through a lot, selling and living in temporary place are stressful. I'm happy that you found a home. I know that once you get your sewing area organized, you will be a really happy gal. Bonus is the quilt store.

KPH
January 29th, 2019, 10:46 PM
You were missed! I'm glad your back and even happier that there is going to be a quilting store close to you in your new digs.

Monique
January 30th, 2019, 06:53 AM
Welcome back. It's nice to have you back. Congratulations on finding a home and that is just what you will do with it, make it 'your' home. And then your mojo will come back too.

Star lover
January 30th, 2019, 08:37 AM
So happy to hear from you! Life’s always a challenge and you’ve had lots to deal with. Praying that things get better and that you find joy, what ever and where ever that is. Happy too, you have a quilt shop nearby. Petting fabric is good therapy ......buying some.....even better! Love and hugs across the miles. Come back when you can.