PDA

View Full Version : Very sad day

Ginny B
January 29th, 2019, 05:06 PM
My heart is breaking. We had to say goodbye to my son John's dog, Booda. He was somewhere between 14-15 years old from what we can figure. He has been having health issues for the last few years but the other day, he started not being able to walk on his back legs. He was sort of just dragging them along with him. He was on meds but they didn't seem to be helping. This morning my son brought him back into the vet. The vet told him that he could possibly help a bit with increasing the meds and getting him to use one of those wheelly braces for the back legs. Of course, that made it all the more difficult to make the decision but they really weren't sure that the increase in meds would help and he was getting side effects from them as it was. Plus, the wheely brace would only be for when Johnny took him out or for when he was home with him. He wouldn't be able to lay down in it so that would be difficult while my son was at work. And, being such an elderly dog, they weren't sure how he would adapt to it. They didn't want to put him through any more so they made the decision and it broke my son's heart to do it.

Booda was an integral part of his life and I feel that he played a major part in helping him get through a deep depression a few years back. I would appreciate prayers for my son as he deals with this . I am afraid of him slipping backwards into that dark world of depression. The rest of us are heartbroken too and will miss our Boo
more than words can express. :icon_cry:

justLyn
January 29th, 2019, 05:34 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Will definitely pray for John.

DeniseSm
January 29th, 2019, 05:36 PM
I grieve with you for the loss of a beloved companion. I pray that John has help to get through this difficult time. Depression is a physical condition, not a mental choice.

baslp
January 29th, 2019, 06:19 PM
Losing a pet is so difficult. I keep telling myself what the vet told me— it is about the quality of their life not the quantity. So sorry for his loss.

Astatoo
January 29th, 2019, 06:26 PM
So sorry for the loss of your Grand-dog. Sending hugs

jjkaiser
January 29th, 2019, 06:41 PM
So sorry to hear this. Your son sounds like he gave his dog a wonderful long life. They truly can be man's best friend.

Carlie Wolf
January 29th, 2019, 06:50 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. It's a sad time for sure. I think you all made the right decision but it is still so hard to let our dear friends go. You can never replace your faithful friends who have helped us through getting through so much. I hope your son will eventually find it in his heart to allow another dog back into his life. I believe dogs are a gift from God to help us through the rough spots in life, they each seem to find their own special way to do that.They do it each in their own special way.

PamelaOry
January 29th, 2019, 07:23 PM
We had to put a puppy to sleep this past year, I can only imagine how much harder it is with years together as you’ve had with Booda. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family today.

KarenC
January 29th, 2019, 08:10 PM
So sorry for your son. Praying that he will get through this in a positive way.

pcbatiks
January 29th, 2019, 08:22 PM
So sorry for the loss of your sons sweet dog. Prayers for your son.

Cokie
January 29th, 2019, 08:33 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Ginny. It sounds like your son gave Booda a wonderful life and made the most caring decision he could. Hugs to all of you.

Monique
January 29th, 2019, 08:39 PM
So sorry about your granddoggy. Prayers that your son gets through this.

Tracie T
January 29th, 2019, 09:11 PM
Awww, that is so sad! I will pray for you all. Our dogs have always been a big part of the family so I totally understand what you are going through.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 29th, 2019, 10:07 PM
I'm so sorry for your son's dog. Although your son struggled with his decision, I feel that he has a lot of support from family, and let him talk about his loss.

KPH
January 29th, 2019, 10:49 PM
So sorry for the loss. I hope your son will be find comfort during this time of grief.

Cathy F
January 30th, 2019, 12:29 AM
Ginny, I'm so sorry. Losing a pet is so hard, been there done that more times than I would have liked but our pets depend on us to be their advocate and let them go when they have given us all they can.

Hugs to you, and your family. Perhaps in time another dog will come along that speaks to your son's heart.

bajasadie
January 30th, 2019, 02:19 AM
prayers for your family. a new puppy???

Star lover
January 30th, 2019, 08:31 AM
So sad for you and your son. I’ll pray for John, losing a member of the family is so hard. They may be pets, but they have our hearts.

MissMay in Jersey
January 30th, 2019, 10:47 AM
Oh, so sad for your son to loose his loved dog, they seemed to be so good for each other.

Ginny B
January 30th, 2019, 11:15 AM
Thank you all for your kind words and your prayers are so appreciated. I spoke with Johnny last night and passed along your messages of support and comfort. He said to thank you all. Last night was a very bad night for him to get through. I know he was up most of the night just wandering around. We are hoping that having his brother, sil and nephew from California arriving tomorrow and his brother from Georgia arriving on Saturday will help get him through these rough first days without Boo.

Again, I thank you. This group is so very supportive and encouraging. Some people don't understand how a loss of a pet could be so heart wrenching. And coming on the heals of us losing our good friend Ray, this just knocked me down yesterday. I got nothing accomplished besides getting sheets on the bed in the guest bedroom and the toys out and organized for Zeke.

GuitarGramma
January 30th, 2019, 10:53 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your son and his dog. Losing our pets hurts so much! I went through much the same thing with my last dog as you did with Booda, so I understand how very difficult the decision was. May your son's heartbreak heal quickly.

Bubby
January 31st, 2019, 09:34 AM
Ginny....I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Our beloved pets are such an important part of our lives. It's incredible how human and animal life can become so entwined. My prayers are with your son and your family...Hugs.

geegeequilts
January 31st, 2019, 03:27 PM
Ginny, as a furbaby parent I know exactly how your feeling. Please give Johnny a great big hug from someone who LOVES her furbabies! Encourage him to consider rescuing another dog. It's not meant to be a replacement but Boo would want him to continue to give love to someone.

My heart breaks for you & your family. Let us know how you & Johnny cope going forward.

Gina