PDA

View Full Version : My work of December

URIBARRI-MAYOR
January 28th, 2019, 08:56 AM
In my country on December 24 we celebrate the day of Olentzero who is a woodcutter who lives in the highest mountain of EuskalHerria ( Basque country ) at that day goin down to the villages to bring gift to the children, same as his Santa Claus, and in each town a party is celebrated, in my own a parade with mythological characters and the Olentzero is celebrated though the medieval streets until arriving at the Church Square, in the parade my four GGK participate and one of then I had to make a white robe with hand painted flowers, good to her and two friends that their mothers did not know how to do or did not have time. Well after telling them a bit about our oldert traditions I want to show you some pictures of my GD and her friends with the suit of Lamia a woman with duck feet who lived in the rivers, my GD is the one the right, and another pictures of my four GGK in their parade costumes, one of Monk, another of Sun,third of Momotxorro, be mythologico that protected the Lamia and the Witches and finally the Lamia. I hope you like it and thank you for looking157364157365

Star lover
January 28th, 2019, 09:14 AM
I find country and family traditions fascinating! Thank you for sharing!

Bubby
January 28th, 2019, 09:16 AM
Beautiful costumes and beautiful family. I always enjoy your pictures and hearing about the traditions and holidays in your country. Wishing you a wonderful 2019.

baslp
January 28th, 2019, 09:17 AM
Thanks for sharing.

Sandy Navas
January 28th, 2019, 09:34 AM
Beautiful costumes. Just curious - why the giant combs are being held by each of the girls.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
January 28th, 2019, 09:53 AM
Because the tradition says that they had long blonde hair and combet with gold combs

MissMay in Jersey
January 28th, 2019, 10:34 AM
Thanks for sharing the beautiful traditions of your country, so enjoyable to see the fantastic costumes.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 28th, 2019, 10:43 AM
Thanks for sharing. These are pretty costumes and lovely great grandchildren. I like the idea of this tradition. I am certain the children enjoy the parades.

Angelia
January 28th, 2019, 11:31 AM
Thanks for sharing a bit of your culture with us. Have a wonderful New Year.

KPH
January 28th, 2019, 03:49 PM
Thank you for sharing!

Anitamae56
January 28th, 2019, 03:54 PM
Wow! Thank you so much for sharing I love to hear of other traditions. The flowers on the costumes are wonderful. And what a good looking family!

PamelaOry
January 28th, 2019, 07:13 PM
Fascinating tradition! Thanks for sharing and including the pictures.

JCY
January 28th, 2019, 07:15 PM
I always enjoy viewing the pics of your family & country.

jjkaiser
January 28th, 2019, 08:15 PM
Very interesting and so different from customs in the U.S. It is nice that your GD and friends want to continue to participate. Here it seems that old customs are scoffed at by teens who call it old school and don't want any part of it.

MHG Winnower
January 29th, 2019, 08:25 AM
Beautiful costumes and beautiful family. I always enjoy your pictures and hearing about the traditions and holidays in your country. Wishing you a wonderful 2019.

I concur with Bubby! Thank you for sharing.

Cokie
January 29th, 2019, 08:55 PM
Thank you for sharing your stories and pictures. I always enjoy reading about your country and traditions.