PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Saturday geetings

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 26th, 2019, 09:50 AM
Good morning.
I feel someone will be typing as I post this thread.

Sunny and cold again -14C. I'm up early to go to a class at a LQS in country. Picking up Forothy and we will have a day playing with fabrics to make a log cabin hearts quilt.

I dropped off Boomerang at a LQS yesterday after choosing backing. I decided this top will be quilted by cheque.

Stay warm, stay cool andnd safe. Enjoy your weekend.

JCY
January 26th, 2019, 10:10 AM
Good Morning ~ We had a sunny day yest.; it got up to 42 & it's supposed to be a bit warmer today. In spite of the recent snow, we had a good group of Lady Bug ladies for lunch yest. The main streets were clear & mostly dry, but the side streets still are snow packed. On the way home I stopped to buy chicken, then to Whole Foods for my organic turkey bacon. Yest. eve. was the veg. prep. for today's soup making. I'll be in the kitchen all morning making DH's chicken soup.

After today, only 2 more days till my carpal tunnel release surgery. I'm not looking forward to it, but I know it needs to be done in order for the numbness & tingling in my L. hand to go away. I've heard only good things about this hand surgeon.

Time to get on with my day. Enjoy your week end.

Bubby
January 26th, 2019, 10:17 AM
Good Morning Suzanne & Everyone,

We got snow again last night. This thrills all three of the Girls. Dottie puts her nose under the snow and plows, Maggie loves to roll in it and Sugar barks at it and eats it. After dinner last night I took Dottie for a walk in the woods while it was snowing gigantic flakes...it was beautiful. We saw a doe and her twin fawns snuggled down against some fallen trees. Dottie didn't even bark at them and I was glad they weren't disturbed from their bedding.

Jeff didn't have to work a full shift overtime last night and he got home around 9 pm.

Today is our 11th anniversary. Jeff is a wonderful husband and Dad to the Girls. Not sure at this point if we will try to go out for dinner or wait until tomorrow. I have to make a quick run to Houston this morning to pick up Dottie's meds.

Suzanne, I can't wait to see your Boomerang quilted. I quilt with my checkbook, too!

I read something on FB that resonated with my heart....Find vacation each and every day. My quest for 2019 is to find that special moment in each day that I can rejoice in and hide away in my heart. Yesterday it was when Dot and I were in the woods and came across the deer.

I need to get moving and see what this day brings. Wishing everyone a warm and cozy day.

KPH
January 26th, 2019, 10:42 AM
Good Morning All,

Sounds like everyone is busy already. I slept in because I know I won't sleep well tonight. I never do when I know Jim is going to pick me up early for church in the morning.

The grands including Pepper were here yesterday for Jim's grading session. Everything went well, until Zeke decided to plop back into my lap and busted my lip, then Esther pitched a royal fit when her dad was ready to go and she wanted me to read The Little House. I knew it was going to be too long and asked her to pick a shorter book. Well that didn't do at all, the screaming started and time out followed, I had enough time to read the book by then.

Oh, and when Jim went out to pick up lunch... Pepper proved she was a hound. She's definitely his dog! The whining and finally baying, I had to put her outside on the chain. The kids are finding out where all of the weak spots in the fence are. She's definitely one that likes to find her way out! The exit behind us makes that too dangerous to not have her on a chain.

I managed to finish all of the hexie petals yesterday. Yippee! This morning, I'll probably start sorting them into sets of 7 and clipping them together so I can just reach into the box and be ready to go. I wish making the flowers was as quick as making the petals! I'm thinking today, I'll work on a clover for the March door hanging. I found one on line and downloaded the file.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

baslp
January 26th, 2019, 11:02 AM
Good morning. It is 23 and sunny so far. Not a lot going on here. I will continue to work on the borders of my quilt. I wanted to go see a comedian tonight, but the early shows are sold out. We may go tomorrow night for the 7:30 show. We are early birds these days.
Barb — happy anniversary!
Have good day .
Beth

Rhonda K
January 26th, 2019, 11:29 AM
Good morning,

We finished putting the pallet of sod down yesterday. The new planters will wait for the flowers for now. Today is a play day in the sewing room. I'm finishing a table runner with hearts on the EMB machine. I still need to gather the supplies and make practice blocks for a beginner ruler class tomorrow at the LQS.

Blessings and joy to all for a special day!

grammaterry
January 26th, 2019, 11:47 AM
Yesterday I told DH I needed to get out of the house and so I wanted to go drop off the tax info instead of mailing it in. He said he would take me as I was feeling a little dizzy. Asked if I had planned any other stops and I told him if I were driving I had planned to look at a new rug for the living room...just to look...not buy. He said he would go there too. We looked for about 2 hours. We found two that we liked...one we loved the colors but it was a cheaply made rug of viscose and wool ends and the other was wool. I really want another wool one. So much easier to clean. It appears we both like modern designs. I think I will be able to choose something we both like when the time comes. He won't want to go shopping for a rug again (he was ready to buy). I told him he next step was looking for chairs and making sure that the style of chair we choose will go with the rug. He just looked at me. lol
Then, I got home and went to the sewing room and set the embroider machine to work. It was doing a splendid job until the hoop came off while I was not in the room. It made a terrible mess . I don't know how to pick out the stitches. 6000 stitches in a rats nest...ugh. My project for today.
I think I will make beef stroganoff today. We haven't had it for a long while. Maybe some homemade noodles to put it over might be good.
Its cold and overcast here
Joy, rest up for that surgery. Don't let yourself be run down when you go. You seem to expend so much energy on everyone

JulieC
January 26th, 2019, 12:20 PM
Happy Saturday, Everyone!

It is cold (16 degrees) with a light snow here today -- perfect weather to start clearing out my sewing room. I'm going to enjoy a second cup of tea before I get started. I still need to test the Monster, I picked her up from my LQS over a week ago and haven't had an opportunity to make sure she's working ok.

A friend's husband watched all the episodes of Tidying Up with Marie Kondo on Netflix. He has since been on a mission to clear out their basement, and they have gotten rid of a lot of stuff. My friend and I were talking about family meals and get togethers. My family is small, we don't do much for the holidays anymore, but she has a large family and was lamenting about the lack of cooking surfaces. So this week, I gave her my old portable electric double burner, and a triple slow cooker. Now her hubby is a little perturbed with me -- they just cleared out most of their basement, and here I am giving her stuff to fill it up again. I told her to tell him thank you for helping me KonMari my house! :lol:

Have a great weekend!

PamelaOry
January 26th, 2019, 02:41 PM
Happy Saturday Everyone!

Our stove is in repair mode so no cooking going on here. Tonight we are going to use the new instapot I got last week for dinner, I’m excited to try it out again.

I’m working on quilting a barn wall hanging I pieced about a month ago, it’s slow going as I don’t want to make mistakes. Pretty soon I’m going to have to figure out how to try to clean the chalk lines off of it.

MissMay in Jersey
January 26th, 2019, 05:14 PM
Today it's cold out and I have a cold but at least we have some sunshine, been kind of depressing Winter so far with so little sunshine.

Pamela,Let us know how the instapot meal comes out.

Happy Anniversary Barb & Jeff, and many more good ones to come.

Monique
January 26th, 2019, 06:08 PM
Late to the party here today. Les and I were out early this morning as I had lots on my to do list. I managed to get a hair cut, got my computer mouse exchanged at the Source (seems it was on warranty and I bought it in 2017), my usb wasn't working right either so they ended up giving me a new one at one charge either, win win. Got what I needed at Walmart, drug store was next, then duplicate keys made, lunch out, and gassed up the van. I hurt my thumb this morning and it was very painful so I bought a thumb brace at Walmart. It was something heavy that was falling and I caught it but the wrong way. Anyway, it is a long piece from my heart so I will survive, LOL!!

We are expecting more snow tomorrow so I am glad we got our errands done today.

Enjoy the rest of your day friends.