PDA

View Full Version : It's Thursday

Monique
January 24th, 2019, 07:48 AM
Well good morning. My original post went *poof*!! We received a lot of snow yesterday, it snowed all day here. On my way home it was freezing rain. I think it is/was just rain at some point. Work went well yesterday. My boss had surgery yesterday and they informed her she has to be off for 1 month. Too bad they didn't tell her that before. Now I am on the hunt for a replacement. I can't do it all, I am leaving on a jet plane in 12 sleeps. So today I will be making some phone calls.

Word on my niece is that she is having surgery today I believe. I appreciate all the prayers.

I started quilting the butterfly quilt.

Well that's it for me. Have a wonderful day friends.

P/S I heard back from Lorie (Hulamoon) and she will be back as soon as she can. She is dealing with 'stuff'.

Thoughts and prayers to those affected by the bank shooting in Florida.

PamelaOry
January 24th, 2019, 08:14 AM
Good morning.
Thoughts and prayers for your niece Monique.
I have a big day today. Need to run some errands, have a sewing class at the local qs, would like to work up the courage to go to the local guild meeting tonight. I’m pretty introverted so this is a lot of social stuff for me for one day. To complicate things I started having some nerve pain running down the side of my leg last night. I guess I’ll evaluate as I take my shower and see how bad it is this morning. I need to get my sons passport to the travel agent today. He is planning to be a part of a student exchange with Germany this summer.

Star lover
January 24th, 2019, 08:25 AM
Good morning creators!

Monique, I sure hope you find a replacement soon! Sunny, warm, lazy days are a waiting! Ill keep your niece in my prayers. Thanks for the update on Lorie, she’s been on my heart lately.

Pam, mmmmm, leg pain. Brings back nightmares of when I had to major ruptures discs in my back! But I’m good now. I hope it’s nothing serious. I too am more introverted and understand your feelings. Sometimes I just jump, and not think, or I’d never do much. But do only want you want.

Thankful all the ice is gone. Rain, oh my, so much rain and the ground is still frozen. So no place for all that water, lots of “puddles!”
No worries, more snow tonight! Sigh......

Got my inner borders on, now to put on the outer border and done! Then onto something else!

Hope everyone has a safe, warm day full of joy! Hugs to all!

Ginny B
January 24th, 2019, 08:42 AM
Good morning all. It is going to be a rainy day here today. I did a bunch of errands yesterday and had some sewing room time too. Today I will work on getting the guest bedroom ready for our visitors next week. Getting very excited. :icon_woohoo:

Monique, good luck with the search for a temporary replacement at the p.o. Prayers being said for your niece.

.Pam, have fun at the sewing class today and I hope the pain in your leg gets better.

Have a great everyone.

baslp
January 24th, 2019, 09:20 AM
Good morning. This week seems to be flying by. It is rainy and 54 this morning. I hope we get some breaks in the rain , so the dogs will go outside. Another quiet day for me. More border work , cleaning, and laundry.

Pam— have a good time at your class. What are you making? I wish that there was a LQS near me. They all have closed.
Have a good day.
Beth

JCY
January 24th, 2019, 10:11 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ I had a busy day yest., too. Bible study, quick lunch at Wendy's, a much needed massage at 11:45, to the PO, bank, then groc. I'll be mixing up my turkey patties today.

DH was moving better yest. He didn't sleep at all the night he fell--probably in too much pain. The topical Arnica to his hand/wrist helped with the swelling & pain. He's been putting Arnica and Bigeloil on his knee. He actually agreed to take some Acetaminophen, which helped, too. I'm so thankful he's doing better. I don't ever want a repeat of when he fell 6.5 yrs. ago & broke his upper arm in 4 places.

I wish the Congress & Trump would get their acts together & re-open the gov't. This shutdown is getting ridiculous. People are hurting financially. It's affecting not just the workers & their families, but many other businesses as well. There is an FAA air traffic control center in our city. These folks are working without pay to keep our planes safe. My DS#1 still is furloughed.

Monique ~ Hope you find some help for the PO & that your niece will do well. I know you're counting the days until your trip.

KPH
January 24th, 2019, 10:33 AM
Good Morning All,

Yesterday was home school for the morning. I have to laugh, J came in with a lego box filled with Star Wars stuff, no book bag, no planner, so I was at a loss. They'd forgotten the second most important thing, who got the blame... Pepper. lol. We started with snack while we waited for Mom to bring back the book bag.

They've lost J's language book, and want me to plan out the rest of the year's language program. It would be fine, if I'd been doing the language book with him. I'll have to go through and see what Nana has written in his planner and go from there. Jim knows I need my language album back before I can do much more planning.

Yesterday, I worked on Hexies, I see a light at the end of the tunnel. I should be able to finish all of the petals by the weekend. Then I'll sort them into flowers and clip them together. It's a slow process. I did get my application for mobility training. It's simple to fill out, and I have an eye dr. appt on Feb 1 so he can get me acuity and visual fields to send in with the application. Then it will setting up a time when they can come to me. That part I like!

Monique, I'll keep your niece close to heart. I hope you find a substitute for your boss. I agree, it would have been nice to have all of the information about time out of work before hand. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Pam- Have fun at your class and listen to your body tonight. I know you'll have fun at the guild... if you're feeling up to it.

Joy- glad your DH is feeling better. You certainly don't need a repeat of past injuries!

Off to the Home School planning language session. J will be at the co-op this morning and with me this afternoon. We'll see if he's going to want to work or not.

grammaterry
January 24th, 2019, 11:01 AM
A warm rain last night...didn't go below 40 and is quite pleasant. I am embroidering some designs on the new quilt. I started one this morning. They take an hour each so its a process
Cuba...I'll dream with you Monique.
Was the surgery for your boss necessary or elective? I know you have issues with her. Do you so suppose she was trying to sabotage your trip?
Glad to hear Lori is just dealing with "stuff" and will be back.
Joy, I know you are worried about Glen but worry about Joy for a little while. Glen will survive. I know he needs you but I bet he will be strong for you during your recovery . Its so obvious that the two of you love each other dearly.
Katrina, that's funny that its "peppers fault" Your children really expect a great deal from you. GC's are great, but there comes a time when its nice not to be the only responsible one.
I woke up yesterday feeling great. Head was thinking clearly, etc. I hadn't realized just how foggy I had been feeling until it cleared. I love this energized , organized feeling of well being.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 24th, 2019, 11:04 AM
Good morning everyone,

We are officially snowed under. DH had to clear the driveway twice yesterday, the last time just before it started with freezing rain. The snow on the roof started sliding at 3am and the cats were freaked. We had a few avalanches off the back. Slides well on metal roof but very noisy. Somehow I can't upload photos. Oh well, you get it. Lots of snow.

Yesterday I made a hearty turkey vegetable soup with egg noodles. Then I sewed most of the day assembling more blocks and rows together for the Boomerang quilt. If I push myself today, I might have the top finished. I just have to go slow where the 6 points meet. I was inspired for dinner, and made Shrimp Pad Thai. DH was happy as he had 2 of his favorite meals in one day.

Friday DH and his son will go to license bureau. I hope that goes smoothly, which means we will only have one car for weekend. Friday night we have tickets to see the show Harry Potter at a venue on the other side of town (an hour away at traffic time). While I will like the show, I hope I can sleep afterwards as my brain will be overstimulated. These are some of the remnants of having had concussuions. Next day I will have an early drive to a LQS in the country with my GF for a class. Again I know I will be challenged, as I am certain the roads will still not be completely cleared.

Monique - praying that your niece's surgery goes well and that she can begin necessary treatments. Too bad you have to find your own replacement. I would say this is your boss's responsibility, to manage. Oh I know you will enjoy your vacation.
Pam - enjoy your class today. I find it difficult to go to guild meeting. Ours has 250+ members and attendance is well over 160. Baby steps, challenge yourself as I am certain that you would enjoy it. Hope your pain goes away.
Joy - I really feel for all the public servants who are not being paid, and all those working to keep services going. This will have such negative long lasting effects on the economy and people's lives. I cannot imagine a country being held ransom by a bully. Sorry, that does not seem like a democracy. I pray for common sense, which is apparently not common. I hope your son is ok.

It was so tragic a 3year old girl in the region has died from the flu. Mostly it has taken seniors. There is still widespread encouragement for people to get flu shot.

Enjoy your day. Be safe. Stay warm. Stay cool if you are in the Southern Hemisphere. Stay dry.

Bubby
January 24th, 2019, 11:37 AM
Morning Everyone...I had a miserable night and tried to get a little sleep after Jeff left for work but that wasn't to be. Maggie has an upset tummy and Dottie is out of sorts.

So glad someone heard from Lorie. Joy, glad to hear your DH is coming along after his fall. Falls on ice happen so quickly.

It's bitter cold and windy this morning. I haven't been outdoors yet and hope not to be out too long when I do have to go out with the Girls.

Yesterday I ordered the background fabric for DGS's wedding quilt. Today I am pressing the print fabric (Aubergine) and may even get some cutting done when the Girls are napping later.

The pups are calling my name at top volume. Have a great day everyone...

JCY
January 24th, 2019, 12:50 PM
It's snowing! It started just before daybreak. The temp. dropped from 30 to 25 deg. They predicted only 1-2". We have a good 1.5" already. Our snow angel from church will come by at his convenience; he's a working man. I e-m'd him & said no hurry, since I don't have to go anywhere today. He's a very caring person. He sometimes helps out his neighbors with snow removal & has been known to clear our neighbor's driveway, too. They're also seniors -- a year to two older than us.

Well, I need to eat my breakfast, then mix up the turkey patties.

MissMay in Jersey
January 24th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Rain, rain go away, little May wants to go out. Pouring rain that's supposed to last all day. bummer as I had planned to do a lot of errands, they're not that important to get rained on every time we get into and out of the car so I guess the last of the Christmas things will be rounded up and put away.

Everyone seems to be having lots of aches, pains and troubles, me too, so here's some Hugs to help you deal with your day.
157284 157284

PamelaOry
January 24th, 2019, 01:14 PM
Good morning. This week seems to be flying by. It is rainy and 54 this morning. I hope we get some breaks in the rain , so the dogs will go outside. Another quiet day for me. More border work , cleaning, and laundry.

Pam— have a good time at your class. What are you making? I wish that there was a LQS near me. They all have closed.
Have a good day.
Beth
I’m making a quilted footstool. We have lost two lqs in the last year around here, it’s very sad. I’m grateful we still have the ones we do, even though it’s a bit of a drive for me.

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I had a busy day yest., too. Bible study, quick lunch at Wendy's, a much needed massage at 11:45, to the PO, bank, then groc. I'll be mixing up my turkey patties today.

DH was moving better yest. He didn't sleep at all the night he fell--probably in too much pain. The topical Arnica to his hand/wrist helped with the swelling & pain. He's been putting Arnica and Bigeloil on his knee. He actually agreed to take some Acetaminophen, which helped, too. I'm so thankful he's doing better. I don't ever want a repeat of when he fell 6.5 yrs. ago & broke his upper arm in 4 places.

I wish the Congress & Trump would get their acts together & re-open the gov't. This shutdown is getting ridiculous. People are hurting financially. It's affecting not just the workers & their families, but many other businesses as well. There is an FAA air traffic control center in our city. These folks are working without pay to keep our planes safe. My DS#1 still is furloughed.

Monique ~ Hope you find some help for the PO & that your niece will do well. I know you're counting the days until your trip. I also wish this government shut down nonsense would end. I’m getting really tired of this strategy of holding people and their livelihoods hostage to get what they want.

pcbatiks
January 24th, 2019, 02:23 PM
Monique, I'm glad you heard from Lorie. I've been wondering about her.

Temp was down to freezing last night but it is sun shining now. Too bad the yard is soggy from the rain most of the day yesterday. Oh well, as long as we have sunshine now!

Prayers and hugs to those who need them.

Jean Sewing Machine
January 24th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Good afternoon, all! I've just spent a love 9 days with my oldest daughter visiting. She gets together every January with a group of ladies to have a crafting weekend. They started out as a scrap booking group, but it has evolved to various crafts. Since she moved away 5 years ago, she has to haul her stuff up here, then rush home sometimes in the midst of icky winter weather to get to work. This year she came early and left late because her company had a big layoff in December, and she got cut. So, we just had time to visit and PLAY! She has embraced sewing/quilting, and as of two days ago, bag making! While she was making her bags, I threw together a quilt top from leftover stash materials. Lots of fun!

Our work of the last few days!

I'm getting my great room painted next week, so this morning, I relocated the pictures, knick-knacks and small pieces of furniture to an out of the way space, and uncovered lots of dust! It sure looks bare in here now.

K. McEuen
January 24th, 2019, 06:25 PM
Ladies, just a reminder that political discussions are NOT to be a part of this forum. Please refrain from commenting further or this thread will be closed.

LauraP
January 25th, 2019, 02:44 AM
I'm not a political person but I was wondering, where can we get a copy of the rules so we don't break them? Sometimes things get done in complete innocence because we don't know.