PDA

View Full Version : Monday hellos

Monique
January 14th, 2019, 09:05 AM
Good morning friends. It is another bitterly cold day today. Luckily I don't have to go out today but Les has to work. I finally got to sew something. I found amongst Bonnie's patterns, one for a tablet cover. So I made that. It came out okay, good enough for me. I have been a little under the weather so yesterday I dozed most of the day. I think it is just a cold, for now at least. At least my sewing space is usable again, LOL!!

I am going to go raid Bonnie's closets, lol, as I know she has a few sun hats that I would like to borrow. Her daughter told me to help myself, as there may be some accessories I could use.

Tomorrow is Victoria's Quilts day.

I would like to ask for prayers for my niece again as she undergoes a biopsy on Wednesday.

On that note, have a great day everyone.

Star lover
January 14th, 2019, 09:14 AM
Good Monique and all!

So happy you're able to get into your sewing room and sew some! Yippee! Hope you feel better soon! Hats......I'm one of the few that look ridiculous in ANY hat. Never wear them. I've never found a hat that looks good on. I love the look of a hat, just not on me, it seems. I'll keep your niece in my prayers.

Well, my sewing areas are almost where I want them. I keep going through and finding stuff to toss or relocate to a more logical spot, for me. Thing is, I think it's logical now......until I try to find it. I'll go back to where it was before. I'll eventually get use to it all.

To be honest, I generally keep things organized. My thinking about it all had changed over the years, so I've decide to update......who am I kidding? ......truth is, I'm so close to finishing a quilt, it's ridiculous. All blocks made, sashed in rows......now to put the rows together. I'm not using cornerstones, so I've heard horror stories on how the rows are hard to match.....so I reorganized.

Over the weekend, I ironed everything up. Told myself, pull on your big girl pants and just do it! So ......maybe today....

Hope everyone is feeling better, seems like many are coming down with or in the terrible midst of something. Love and hugs to all!

KPH
January 14th, 2019, 09:28 AM
Good Morning Monique, Anita (you'll probably post before I finish typing) and all who follow.

Yesterday was pretty quiet. Little things at church, with our guest speaker, reminded me of days long ago. Dad had a series with his Sunday School class about world religions. One of his friends, Uri G., was a Rabi from Israel. He worked for Ma Bell full time and was part time at the synagogue. lol, and that reminded me of another story. All in all, I should have been taking notes, instead of walking down memory lane. His passage was Psalm 115 and his points were good reminders.

I cut the last set of hexagons for my hexi quilt. This is it. If it isn't big enough by the time I finish these last flowers, so be it! My box is filled with flat petals to be turned into hexies ready to flower. I'll get all of the petals made then sort them all in flowers, clip them, then start sewing them together. I'll have two and a half layer cakes worth of flowers at that point so I can mix them up to be more scrappy. With all of the hexagons I've made, I'm very glad I found the plastic pieces at Joanne's.

I found the stain the guys from Anchor Fencing recommended. After driving all over hunting for a Glidden Paint Center and going to Home Depot hunting for TWP and learning that Olympic Paints and Glidden paints both have been bought out by PPG. There is a local paint store that carries TWP, thank you internet and a little digging, and it's less than 5 miles from the house. Mike and I will go there this afternoon when J leaves home school and see what they have or if I have to special order it. I'm leaning to Rustic, old oak looks a little red to me. So I'll see what the real chips look like when I get there.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

PamelaOry
January 14th, 2019, 09:33 AM
Good Morning!

Monique, I hope you get to feeling better, I’ll keep your niece in my thoughts and prayers today.

Anita, I circle the desk on some projects too, not sure what causes it all the time but sometimes it’s because I’m unsure about the next step,sometimes it’s just that the next step is a drag too....lol. Anyway, good luck with your project today.

I had a productive day in the sewing room the last few days and have cleared next steps on a few projects so pulled out my new fabric to try to come up with an idea of what to make. It’s beautiful fabric, a fat quarter bundle and several yardage cuts from Sunnyside Up. Why is it the more I love a fabric, the harder it is to use it?

I’m also working on scheduling a trip to MSQC retreat center, Today’s Monday so I’m looking forward to making that call today. Fingers and toes crossed that we’ll be able to get into the retreat we are hoping for.

Pam

JCY
January 14th, 2019, 10:04 AM
Good Monday Morning ~ Chilly here this a.m. Only 20 deg. Yest. a.m. the grass & everything was coated in a heavy white frost. But it was a sunny day & got up to 48 deg. DS#1 in MD got 8-9" of snow. Wash. D.C. official total snowfall was 10.2". The gov't & schools are closed today in the area. Roads are treacherous. My DIL works in Annapolis for the county. She's staying home today.

Yest. afternoon I did more FMQ for ~30 min. After my L. hand went numb, I switched to piecing. In the eve. DS#2 (in WA) & I had a long phone chat. He & his lady friend in CO are continuing to develop their relationship via text, phone, & face talking. That's going well. He's hoping to land a job & housing in CO by the time his apt. lease is up in April.

I'll be cooking up DH's Anasazi beans today. More sewing, too.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 14th, 2019, 10:47 AM
Good morning ladies,
It's sunny and still cold. This is the last day for our girlfriend weekend. I'm not certain what we will do yet, but certain it will involve visiting some shoppes.

Yesterday we drove to a neighbouring town (Almonte) for shopping. We found nice shoppes, but spent a lot of time in a huge antique store. I found a Snoppy book for DH. I did spot a beautiful set of dishes, and resisted. I did dream about it, so I might research it to see if the price was good. My GF bought a spring jacket and a top. We had a late lunch at a beautiful restaurant, which used to house a post office. Delicious food. The wine we had was really good, so we stopped on the way home at LCBO to pick up a few bottles. This town is the birthplace of basketball. We had a quiet evening with snacks and subway sandwich in our hotel room.

Monique, I hope you feel better. I think it's this weather. At least you have a cure coming - on a warm beach. I will be thinking of your niece. Joy - all good for your son. I hope it works out.

Thinking of the victims of Friday's bus crash. The station has been repaired & reopened this morning. Prayers for the victims' families and those still struggling in hospital to get through this. Be safe. Stay warm. Stay dry.

baslp
January 14th, 2019, 10:55 AM
Good morning. It is 24 degrees . Yesterday I finished binding my quilt. I spent the rest of the day getting my scrapbook items organized. I am going to a crop next weekend. Since I don’t have a lot of new photos, I also take my quilting supplies too.
We finished the evening watching the Eagles football game.
Not much on my agenda today. I want to make some more progress on putting the borders on my Tula quilt.

Anita— I also do not look great in hats. The dermatologist keeps telling me — wear a hat to protect you face.
Have a good day
Beth
Monique— hope you continue to feel better.

Monique
January 14th, 2019, 11:46 AM
At least it is not a MAN COLD!!!!!!

Star lover
January 14th, 2019, 11:53 AM
At least it is not a MAN COLD!!!!!!

Ah yeah, man colds are the WORST!!!!! I hate it when I "get" one.....:D

grammaterry
January 14th, 2019, 12:33 PM
I have been having cold fear. I got a slight runny nose two days ago and panicked. So I got out my home remedy...a bottle of 20 yr old cabernet and drank the whole thing. No cold. Felt crappy yesterday but that would be the wine...This morning I am dry and bright eyed and bushy tailed. No cold...so I think I'm good to go. DH is still struggling after 10 days. I told him to drink some grape juice or wine but no no no...he said it was just his sinuses draining.
I tried to sew the last two days. It was so cold in the sewing room, even with the propane on full blast. I gave up. I almost have a top pieced and would like to finish it before I finish up the double wedding ring.
It is overcast and 40 out there rightnow. Suppose to warm up on Wednesday.
MIL is going to a rehab center today. it is 100 miles from here. I won't be going to visit very often but will need to go at least once this week.
Need to motivate. Prayers for all of my forum friends and their loved ones.

Cathy F
January 14th, 2019, 01:15 PM
Morning all,
This morning was our breakfast with friends day, with the cold weather it takes a little more persuasion getting me out the door.

Today is the day I'm finally going to tackle the mess in the sewing room. Fingers crossed I make good headway. When I'm not in the mood to sew there is less incentive to get in there and clean up.

I received a box from M* Saturday, it was from my sister and a very nice surprise for me. I have so many projects to think about doing but I think this will have to be the year of finishing some of the UFO's first.

We'll time to get moving and get the chores done so I can tackle the sewing room. Wishing everyone a good day!

geegeequilts
January 14th, 2019, 05:17 PM
Monique, will pray for a good outcome on the biopsy. I know you'll keep us posted.

Anita, I'm waiting till the Spring thaw to come "help" you clean your house if that's okay with you, lol.

Gina

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 14th, 2019, 08:48 PM
[QUOTE=grammaterry;1051445]I have been having cold fear. I got a slight runny nose two days ago and panicked. So I got out my home remedy...a bottle of 20 yr old cabernet and drank the whole thing. No cold. Felt crappy yesterday but that would be the wine...This morning I am dry and bright eyed and bushy tailed. No cold...so I think I'm good to go. DH is still struggling after 10 days. I told him to drink some grape juice or wine but no no no...he said it was just his sinuses...

Terry. Good for you. A girl has to do what a girl has to do. Fermented grape juice is the best. Don't know if I could find a 20 year old bottle in our cellar. Haha

KPH
January 14th, 2019, 08:56 PM
Suzanne, have they had any results from the investigation into that wreck. Lifting prayers for the victims, it's going to be hard.

grammaterry
January 15th, 2019, 12:28 AM
This is the advantage of retiring from a bar/restaurant...new owners did not want alcohol so I brought it home to store.
[QUOTE=grammaterry;1051445]I have been having cold fear. I got a slight runny nose two days ago and panicked. So I got out my home remedy...a bottle of 20 yr old cabernet and drank the whole thing. No cold. Felt crappy yesterday but that would be the wine...This morning I am dry and bright eyed and bushy tailed. No cold...so I think I'm good to go. DH is still struggling after 10 days. I told him to drink some grape juice or wine but no no no...he said it was just his sinuses...

Terry. Good for you. A girl has to do what a girl has to do. Fermented grape juice is the best. Don't know if I could find a 20 year old bottle in our cellar. Haha

Star lover
January 15th, 2019, 08:12 AM
Monique, will pray for a good outcome on the biopsy. I know you'll keep us posted.

Anita, I'm waiting till the Spring thaw to come "help" you clean your house if that's okay with you, lol.

Gina

Gonna be awhile till thaw. The gurus are sayin, 3" of white stuff this weekend and the high Sunday.......12'!!!!!! Seriously! Spring can't come fast enough, for me! Course, by then, the house will be done.......then there's the outside work. I like that better.