PDA

View Full Version : Silly Rationalizations for 2019

BarbaraB
December 27th, 2018, 11:48 AM
1) It's easier for me to feel my sewing machine foot pedal in slippers rather than in boots.
2) I need to wear slippers to sew.
3) My slippers really clash with jeans.
4) My slippers do not clash with my pajamas.
5) In order to be fashionable and not look like a bag lady, I need to wear my pajamas when I sew.

Vonnie
December 27th, 2018, 11:49 AM
LOL!

What does it say about sewing barefoot?! :icon_rofl:

Caroline T.
December 27th, 2018, 11:58 AM
What you call slippers and pajamas, I call "Home Team Uniform"! :D

pcbatiks
December 27th, 2018, 12:11 PM
Love this! My home team uniform for sewing is usually lounge pants and t-shirt and slippers or tennis shoes.....which I live in.

201 Treadler
December 27th, 2018, 12:17 PM
haha am with you. so much warmer to move around in then jeans, and crocs on feet, (the plastic shoe kind not animal ) so much lighter, we should be comfortable, being happy x warm makes us more creative,
those slippers are more elf and safety compliant then bare feet or steel toe caps booties imo :icon_bump:
I call pajamas P.P.J's
personal protection jamas :D

use to wear P.P.E for work,
personal protection equipment.:icon_rolleyes:

LauraP
December 27th, 2018, 03:41 PM
Have to sew in sweats if it is chilly, otherwise shorts and a t. No shoes ever!

Cokie
December 27th, 2018, 03:43 PM
I see nothing silly about this at all. Sounds completely rational to me!

grammaterry
December 27th, 2018, 07:05 PM
Not in my sewing room in the winter. I need layers. Lots of layers....

JCY
December 27th, 2018, 08:48 PM
I wouldn't dare go barefoot in my sewing room. It has shag carpet & has so many hidden pins & needles it's a hazard. I really don't go barefoot any time. It's a no-no for folks with diabetes. I wear slippers just early in the morning. SAS shoes for comfort & protection all day.

jjkaiser
December 27th, 2018, 08:55 PM
No barefoot for me ever, even in summer. Pretty much live in slippers. What are SOS shoes Joy?

SuzanneOrleansOntario
December 27th, 2018, 11:55 PM
I usually sew barefoot, but this winter my feet have been cold, so I wear socks. I can't stand shoes or slippers while sewing, or anytime in the house. I love my jeans. They collect all my loose threads. I have a commercial low pile carpet in my sewing rooms, but I know where my pins are, so not too worried. DH is. Haha

farmgirlretired
December 28th, 2018, 01:32 AM
jjkaiser- SAS stands for San an Antonio Shoe, the company that makes them. They are very comfortable and wear like iron. I have 3 pair of different styles and love them. One pair I wear every day.Google SAS shoes and you can see all of their styles. They also have a sale on New years day.

Caroline T.
December 28th, 2018, 10:38 AM
jjkaiser- SAS stands for San an Antonio Shoe, the company that makes them. They are very comfortable and wear like iron. I have 3 pair of different styles and love them. One pair I wear every day.Google SAS shoes and you can see all of their styles. They also have a sale on New years day.

And here I thought SAS meant "Sensible And Stylish" :)