PDA

View Full Version : It is Friday, thankfully

Monique
December 14th, 2018, 09:12 AM
Good morning friends. I was looking at the DD this morning but I think I shall pass. I didn't realize that a new issue of Block was available for download so I got that instead. Now my problem is where it is in my account. I have this problem each time I buy a download copy. I will have to check later tonight and see where the heck it went.

I had a good day yesterday and she was really nice to me. She was very appreciative that I was able to help her out. Well it was an easy day, there was no lettermail and only parcels came in. That is what I do, enter the parcels into the computer. Then I helped with the Santa letters.

Les and I headed over to Renfrew and Walmart and I was able to get most of the things that Maizyn asked for. I can't find Kittycorn or Puppycorn here so I think she will be out of luck on those two items. They are plushies, half cat/dog and unicorn. Then if was off to Arnprior. Les got off at the travel agent I went and had a brief visit with my brother. Then it was off to the quilt store to meet with Lynda. I picked at a coordinating layer cake to one I bought back in May, a little bit of cork and a wallet frame. I also had a reward card and ended with $25 off plus she had 40% off. So it was a good deal after all. Then I was off to get Les and meet up at the Prior for some delicious wings. It was a great night.

I work all day today and will be so thankful to get this week over with. No work until Tuesday, so I will not answer the phone. I have the ugly sweater table topper to finish for tomorrow night. Then I still have all the bowl cozies to finish too.

All I want for Christmas is TIME!! Time to finish all I want to do.

So that's it for me for today. Wishing you all a great Friday as well as a great weekend.

Star lover
December 14th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Good morning everyone!

My Monique, you're one busy gal! So happy you got done what you wanted and visited and shopped for yourself! I wish I could give you more time!

Well after 2-1 hour sessions the strand is still off on the tree. It's gonna stay that way. DH tried last night and gave up after 15 minutes....sigh

No sewing, made crusts and froze them. Trying to match gifts with boxes.....making progress. Gotta wrap birthday gifts today for 2 grands birthday tomorrow. They're bothers and the days are 6 days apart, but this year they're going to do them together. This is the first of 5 birthdays in December......December is always a whirlwind for me.

I saw the sun yesterday, rain today and then......oh my.....I'm almost afraid to say it......4 straight days of sun and 40 or close to it! Yippee!

Thoughts and prayers for many. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and an even better weekend!

Ginny B
December 14th, 2018, 09:29 AM
Good morning Monique. I am happy to hear you had a good day at work yesterday. I had a good day yesterday. Did some shopping at Target in the morning then delivered an order and after that I headed back home and did some online shopping for Zeke's birthday presents and got them sent off. An overall relaxing day. Don't have Henry again today so I have the whole day to myself until dh gets home and we head out to the stores. We have a list ..... a pretty long list..... and I hope to get a lot of that list crossed off tonight.

Anita, I can certainly identify with birthdays in December syndrome. We have our grandson Zeke on the 20th, my hubby is on the 28th, my sister-in-law is on the 29th and the new grandbaby is due by Dec. 31.

It's time to get some more laundry done and then up to the sewing room to work on some hooded towels for the grandkids. Have a good day everyone.

Bubby
December 14th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Good Morning Everyone....

Jeff has to work a double shift today so it will be a long day for both of us. Already the pups are whiny and won't settle down. Dottie is tired and doesn't want to be bothered. It has been raining since yesterday and the front yard is a mud pit, so the girls have to go outside on a leash to try to keep them away from the mud. Dottie does her own thing. She hates her paws to be wet or dirty so she does everything to stay clean.

I have been to the doctor twice this week so far with a bad kidney infection. I have two more days of meds to take and I hope and pray it will clear up without further treatment. Christmas is coming and I have things to do and places to go.

I was supposed to deliver meals to shut-ins today but had to cancel. I love doing this for people but it also breaks my heart because many of them need so much help and they have no one. I have always loved old people and now I'm almost one myself!

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday rush. I can't wait to bake Christmas cookies, which may happen this weekend.

Take care everyone and have a great day.

MissMay in Jersey
December 14th, 2018, 10:47 AM
BARB, I hear you girlfriend. DH and I have been so busy with our lives and while we aren't shut ins somehow to the kids on our block we've become those old people who live down the street. Think I need to go back to coloring my hair.

Hope your meds kicks in full force and knocks out that nasty infection.

Friends coming over for lunch this afternoon so I better get moving.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
December 14th, 2018, 10:51 AM
Good morning everyone,

Yesterday was exhausting. I had to get groceries (mother Hubbard's kitchen has been looking bare), gas for car as unlike me, it needs fuel to keep going and going. I also went to see my mom. I don't think she is doing as well. She has bowel issues, and since it needs 2 people to move her, she has to wait. She also doesn't ring for help. This is the biggest issue. She is refusing to allow them to dress her, so she is not going to eat in dining room, which means she has to wait until everyone is served. I have hired Elaine to visit her daily. I will go too, but days like today, I have visitation and a service to attend to. We are also expecting rain, and we are hovering below zero, so the roads might be icy.

I am back logged with housework, so I did laundry. I had my annual & Pap test yesterday. She renewed my Rx for physio and massage, and sent me for follow up tests. DH & I attended the Jingle & Mingle at LQS. It was busy, lots of food & drink and free demo, and deals on fabrics. I picked up some yardage, and it was free as I had a store credit from a cancelled class. If the line-up wasn't as long, I might have gone back for more, but I don't need more projects. DH picked up a couple of books. I did buy today's DD as I can always use white. I also ordered Ann Hazelwood's 2nd book in the fiction wine county series. I love her books.

DH wasn't feeling well so he cancelled his attendance at fleet meeting. Just as well. He is pretty exhausted with everything going on.

Monique - what is Kittycorn, puppy corn? Maybe I can find it here. Im certain you are making people happy with moving packages at this time. I have one that cleared Customs last week, still not in Canada Post system. It had been doing amazingly well. Ordered M* 4/12 and cleared thru to Canada 10/12. Oh well, I can't be in a rush when I order online.

Barb - I hope that you start to feel better. The timing sucks, as you are an angel to many old people, delivering joy, food and companionship to many. I know that drinking cranberry juice can help flush the kidneys.

Sending positive thoughts to everyone in need of hugs, warmth and companionship at this time of year. Stay safe. Stay warm.

auntiemern
December 14th, 2018, 11:15 AM
TGIF...will finish up my Christmas orders today...then no more til after the first of the year. Also excited that starting this afternoon, I will be off from babysitting the grands until the 22nd. I also had them overnight last night because DD had to go in to work at 4 AM. Got up super early to get them all up and driven to different schools at different times. Thank goodness for PaPa doing the driving while I stayed here the kids, as they dwindled in numbers. I DO need a break, lol, to get done ALL that I have left to do before the big day.
I have been on the go since right after the retreat...making stock for 2 BIG craft shows, along with special orders. I am worn out. Now off to finish orders I need to get delivered tonight and tomorrow.
Included is a pic of a special order wreath I made that will be delivered tonight also.

baslp
December 14th, 2018, 11:49 AM
Good morning . I had to pick up a friend at 6:45 this morn and drop her off for a test. I went home and showered then I got the call to come pick her up. Now I can catch up on things around the house. We have a holiday dinner with some people from our dog’s nose work group. Unfortunately, the restaurant is in the city. I am almost finished putting the borders on my wall hanging. Then I have to decide what project to start.

We are expecting 1-3 inches of rain this weekend. I have to find the rain gear .
Barb— hope the meds take care of your infection.

Beth

KPH
December 14th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Good Morning All,

Monique, sounds like you had a great day, even with work!

Anita, I haven't baked a thing this year, but we've bought boxes and boxes of caramel corn. They're packed in tubes, so I'm planning on using those next year for the kids- everyone's getting a Moose Munch Box filled with socks. Sneaky grandma, Morgan will see all of that caramel corn and freak out. lol

Ginny, that's a good idea about the hooded towels. The kids all take their baths at Nana and Nandy's in the afternoon. So, I may make a set for them.... next year! Sounds like I need to start a list already!

Barb, I hope the meds kick in and clear that infection up quickly. Kidney infections are no fun!

May, have fun at your lunch. I'm having leftovers. We had Chinese delivered last night. With the changing weather, Mike and I both had sinus headaches and didn't feel like going out.

Suzanne, it's hard when your mom is recuperating from a broken hip. I know, Mom wouldn't ask for pain meds, wouldn't ask to go to the bathroom (and the meds cause those bowel issues). Your hands are full but be sure to take care of yourself.

Marilyn, isn't it funny how we look forward to having days off from the grandkids! Morgan asked yesterday if the kids could come while she has a massage this morning. So, I cleaned up what I was working on and Jim called later, I'm not keeping the kids, he is. So, yippee, I have today off again. I love that wreath!

Thank goodness the rain has started. I'm sure the weather pressure has more to do with my head ache than anything else. I'm planning on getting all of the presents out of the closet and making sure everyone is taken care of. I still need to go to PeterBrooke to pick up some chocolates for the Tuell family packages, and I'll probably wait until one day next week for that. I need to pick up a gas card for Mike from his Grandma Dot, but I don't want him to be with me when I go get it.

Home school went well yesterday afternoon. We accomplished a lot considering he'd been to co-op in the morning.

My sewing room has been closed this week and probably next week too since Jim will be off and who knows what schedule the kids will be on. At least he's starting to plan Christmas morning. Lunch will be at Nana and Nandy's and probably most of the day. I'm trying to figure out if the kids will be here on Christmas Eve for early dinner since the Candle light service is at 6:30. We need to flesh out the details, especially since I don't know Morgan's schedule or when her relatives are going to be arriving from various parts of the country. She'll need to have time to spend with them. It's more complicated this year.

I'm tempted by the daily deal, but after my package arrived in the state it was in, I'm torn. I guess I'll see how I feel about it by lunch or maybe it will be sold out by lunch.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

201 Treadler
December 14th, 2018, 03:58 PM
Hello everyone,
wow everyone is busy bees
do enjoy popping in to see you all,:icon_wave:
our intended chores for today have been lowered down the list, as more important issues appear, its a juggling act, to try to do the best for everyone, within the energy reserves, trying to remember all the things to do, to reduce the list,
Christmas has been delayed to 2019,
we will say prayers for everyone on Christmas eve,
my Christmas wish is for everyone to be healthy, happy, and warm.,to be wherever they want to be.

apparently its going to snow tomorrow,
am looking forward to seeing the sparkles in the snow, and the greatest mystery of each snow flake being different.
Happy Friday everyone:icon_hi:

grammaterry
December 14th, 2018, 08:21 PM
What a busy group you all are.
That kidney infection...UVA URSI is an herb and you can get it at a health food store in liquid form. It should clear that infection up in a snap.
We too have lots and lots of mud and lots of rain is coming. There is no where for the water to go. The ground is soaked.
I finally got all my homemade craft projects wrapped. Got the catnip toy made for everyones cat. The hardest package to wrap was that walking stick I made. Who would have thought it would take more time to wrap than make? lol.

KarenC
December 14th, 2018, 08:37 PM
Well, this is rather late, but since I started working again (just for a few months), I don't have time in the mornings. Next week will be the real test at work. Hopefully all my access issues will be resolved. I am anxious to be productive. Meanwhile, I got off early today and have been able to stop in here for a visit. Will be working on niece's quilt again this weekend.
Barb, I hope you start feeling better soon.

JCY
December 14th, 2018, 09:30 PM
Late afternoon greetings ~ My daily schedule is all off due to DS being here. It was another busy day. We're checking things off the to-do list. DS is working hard doing jobs that DH no longer can do. Today he washed, touched up the paint, & waxed my car. Cleaned the interior, the leather seats, vac'd., etc. My 22 y.o. car almost sparkles. It really is in great shape for as old as it is.
Tomorrow he'll do DH's car, which he hasn't driven for 10 yrs., but I drive it. He also did some clean up of an area on the house where the wood & caulking integrity is at risk. He removed the old caulking & re-caulked it. Tomorrow either he or I will paint that area. It was sunny & 56 deg. today. Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer.

MY DIL's father (lives in Holland) had heart valve replacement surgery yest. Since he is 80 y.o. & has other health issues, they did the TAVR procedure = Transcatheter Aortic Value Replacement. They go up through the femoral artery. He'll get to go home tomorrow. So much less invasive than having the chest opened & a much quicker recovery.

I'm getting antsy to do some sewing. I actually cut some fabric pieces today to make a sample block. No sewing yet.

I'll check in when I can.