PDA

View Full Version : Computer help

Hulamoon
December 11th, 2018, 06:23 PM
What is it called when you want to set your computer back to a different date? Iv'e done it before but the name is escaping me right now. I can't find where it's under.

Carlie Wolf
December 11th, 2018, 06:30 PM
I think it's called "System Restore" ???

Caroline T.
December 11th, 2018, 06:34 PM
My computer it's under "control panel" and called "restore".

Hulamoon
December 11th, 2018, 06:42 PM
Thank you!

Hulamoon
December 11th, 2018, 09:32 PM
My computer won't let me restore. I Might have to take it in or get a new one. I'm in the middle of:icon_sniff: losing and getting new tenants.

Carlie Wolf
December 11th, 2018, 09:49 PM
I have a problem with my system restore also. I had set a restore date I could go back to where I knew everything worked. Last time I tried that it said that I can't access that date because it's locked to keep it safe. Or words to that effect. Well...geee...Microsoft thanks for keeping me safe from myself. :-/ If there is a way for me to unlock that safe place they're not making it easy for me to find out.

The other thing I don't like now a days is that before when I had to get a new laptop you also got an install CD with it. Now if things go wrong it's not an option to just reinstall. Bastards!!!!!!

GuitarGramma
December 11th, 2018, 11:32 PM
Lorie, what problems are you seeing on your computer? It's rare to have to restore.

Star lover
December 12th, 2018, 08:03 AM
My go to solution for all computer woes......

It doesn't work, but it sure would feel good, sometimes!

Bubby
December 12th, 2018, 11:33 AM
Are you able to do a Back-Up? If so,make sure you do it. Then if you have to get a new computer you have all of your information.
If you know of one, take your computer to a tech. Mine saved my hide recently when I couldn't do a back up. Turned out that we need to replace our D drive. It cost $25 for part and labor.

LindaKay75
December 12th, 2018, 12:08 PM
I feel your pain too. Turned on computer this morning, went into my Yahoo email and the entire screen is different. I searched for an hour on how to restore my old look and it didn't work. So when I get time I'll call AT&T and find out what's going on. Here's hoping I'll be able to talk to a real person, and one that speaks English. HELLO! I can see in advance that I'm headed for headaches and more stress. Today I feel like throwing it out of my house. Dang! Don't know why they can't leave things along. In the past I use to be able to restore my computer to days or month before when things were working right but not anymore.

201 Treadler
December 12th, 2018, 04:42 PM
'restore'
but before you do
save your photos documents and other data to a external disc like 'click free' or an ' sd card'
and security scan it for virus

then ensure you have codes for security programs,
run security live update security clean up security optimize
you can then run ' ms disc clean up' and ' ms defragment'. safely.
turn off and restart then
if still struggling, restore
:icon_wave:

Patty J
December 12th, 2018, 10:00 PM
I just got another update that is automatic on my computer, I never like to update--I like things the way they were. DH says I need the updates or somebody won't support it. Things never work right after the update.