PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday hellos!

Monique
December 5th, 2018, 08:22 AM
Good morning friends. WEll it is the middle of week and the end can't come soon enough.

I had a relatively good day yesterday but rolled my eyes many times at my 'boss'. Sometimes I think she thinks I am stupid. I had a visit in the afternoon from another fellow worker so that kind of broke up the afternoon. I had my supper meeting last night, exchanged gifts and picked a new SS for 2019. We had a lovely turkey dinner.

Tonight we, The Lionettes, are serving approximately 120 turkey meals or so which will include special guests. My jellied salad is already made so I am ready to go. I will come home first and then switch vehicles and take my neighbour's. Les has to work tonight.

Greg and Ashley are bringing the granddoggy on Friday and staying for dinner.

I hope I have a better work day today.

Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
December 5th, 2018, 08:43 AM
Good morning Monique and all!

So sorry for your sad workday, yesterday........sometimes bosses feel like they have to "earn" their title. Hope today goes better.

Cold, windy, dark yesterday. There are rumors that the sun will appear for the Weekend! Yeah!
I did get up 2 wreaths yesterday and managed to get the shopping list in order. Did a lot of errands.

So,pfor today.....not sure.....might just go back to bed....for some reason I'm tired.

Hope everyone has a good day. Prayers for many, including Suzanne and her mother. Love and hugs all around!

Monique
December 5th, 2018, 08:49 AM
Anita, lol I will get over it.

KPH
December 5th, 2018, 09:10 AM
Good Morning All,

Scattered pinkish clouds are gracing the skies this morning. Tomorrow morning it's supposed to be in the low 30s. I'll have to go to Lowes today to get something to cover the knob that the guys that worked on the Pelican installed this summer. Howard had it so the pipes were all wrapped, now that extra shut off needs to be addressed. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

Mike and I worked on the garage yesterday afternoon. It does look a lot better and another load went to the Salvation Army. There's still one table that has to be addressed and all of the empty plastic trunks that Howard had his toys stored in. Part of me is like we just bought them before we moved, I haven't gotten my moneys worth out of them and part of me is get rid of them. Hopefully, soon I'll figure it all out. lol, I probably should give them to Mike to store his stuff that's in the storage building instead of the cheap tote his stuff is in.

Feeling for the Bush family today. They've had to deal with their grief in a public forum. I hope they find closure and peace with all of the ceremonies.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, comfort, wisdom and hope. Prayers for those who have been in nature's trying path this year for peace and restoration. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

KarenC
December 5th, 2018, 09:48 AM
Good morning everyone. Monique, I think I can imagine your boss. I used to love it when my boss would be out of town. Hopefully my team didn't feel that way about me, but who knows. Had lunch yesterday with a friend, which was nice. Came home and worked on parboiling squash for the freezer. Probably had to toss a third of it because of bad spots. Will try to get the remainder done today. Hoping the keep ratio is better today.

I have a meeting this morning with a friend about a quilt top she wants quilted. It's all hand embroidered that her mom did and she finished 30 yrs ago, so lots of sentimental value in there. I'm already nervous just thinking about it. Anyway, i'm starting to experience getting calls from lots of folks wanting long arm work done, without advertising. I did turn down a job yesterday I just didn't want to do.

Prayers for all those in need.

grammaterry
December 5th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Karen, that's fantastic news. Business without advertising is the best. I wish you much success.
Woke early to a blanket of the white stuff. Squirrels are out feeding. DH thought he had solved the squirrels in the bird feeders but one just jumped from the porch roof onto the feeder almost 20 feet out and hung upside down from the feeder roof to eat. I need to go chase it away. They and the birds are eating 50 lbs of seeds a week now.

JCY
December 5th, 2018, 10:12 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ Brr! It's only 16 deg. this a.m. Our highs have been in the 40's the past few days.

Bible Study Fellowship this a.m., then errands to run. I need to get salmon for DH; he eats this every day for lunch. I buy 2 large filets & freeze them up in 1 serving sizes.

I worked all eve. yest. filling gift bags for the ladies in my Bible study discussion group. Just a small gift for each one. I mailed out 41 Christmas cards. All the out of state cards have been mailed.

Suzanne ~ Sorry to hear about your mom's hip fx. Thoughts & prayers.

DH is waiting for breakfast, so no more time now.

MissMay in Jersey
December 5th, 2018, 10:44 AM
The golden orb is still shining but my knees and left shoulder are telling me it's raining,. Just hoping the orb wins as The Granny's are getting together today. The Granny's are my closest cousins, Alice, Ann & Toni and we get together every month or two for lunch and a big gab fest. Cousin Terry who passed several years ago began the group about 20 years ago and we're still going strong, slower physically but strong in spirit.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 5th, 2018, 10:57 AM
Good morning everyone. Monique, I think I can imagine your boss. I used to love it when my boss would be out of town. Hopefully my team didn't feel that way about me, but who knows. Had lunch yesterday with a friend, which was nice. Came home and worked on parboiling squash for the freezer. Probably had to toss a third of it because of bad spots. Will try to get the remainder done today. Hoping the keep ratio is better today.

I have a meeting this morning with a friend about a quilt top she wants quilted. It's all hand embroidered that her mom did and she finished 30 yrs ago, so lots of sentimental value in there. I'm already nervous just thinking about it. Anyway, i'm starting to experience getting calls from lots of folks wanting long arm work done, without advertising. I did turn down a job yesterday I just didn't want to do.

Prayers for all those in need.
I quilted a hand embroidered quilt for someone, and was nervous about it also. But it turned out so nice I was hoping she would forget to pick it up from me! Good luck with your project!

KarenC
December 5th, 2018, 11:20 AM
I quilted a hand embroidered quilt for someone, and was nervous about it also. But it turned out so nice I was hoping she would forget to pick it up from me! Good luck with your project!

Thanks Jean. I may need to reach out to you with questions. We'll see,

Navy Wife
December 5th, 2018, 11:48 AM
Just finished my coffee, and I'm watching the snow come down. It's just a light sprinkle right now, and not sticking to the streets.
I'm taking my house guest to look at a condo in a little while. Then to the grocery to pick up veggies for a stew. It's cold and dreary and a good night for a warming supper.
DH is at our favorite charity directing the pickup of blue barrels that we hope are loaded with toys, food and clothing. They are placed in various businesses and churches in the area. I'm praying the trucks get through without any mishaps. They will be out on the roads and highways most of the day. Then deliveries of the harvest begin next week. There are 22,000 kids in the mountains of southern KY and northern TN that count on this for their Christmas toys. And families count on it for food and clothing for winter.

Also I'm praying for a friend on DS and DDIL. Polly's father died about 2 weeks ago, and her mother passed yesterday. They are back on the road to IA after just getting home last weekend. I'm hoping they will come here for Christmas instead of staying alone in VA.

Best go and get a shower and get on the road. Prayers for all in need.

Linda

baslp
December 5th, 2018, 01:53 PM
Good morning. I have worked out and went for a neck massage. It’s cloudy and snowing lightly. I am making stew for tonight’s dinner. I did get a few more blocks pieced together last night.
Have a nice day.

Bubby
December 5th, 2018, 01:55 PM
Hi Everyone....I just got home with my repaired laptop. It needed a new keyboard as well as a few other things. I should be good to go or awhile. The next time if goes out I will get a new one.

We have snow on the way....looks like a frosty few days coming up. I hope we get to stay at home this weekend.

The pups are wanting out to run, so I need to dash of for now.

Let's remember to pray for Suzanne's Mom and pcbatiks's (Pam) husband.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
December 5th, 2018, 02:12 PM
Good morning ladies,

I'm late at the forum, slept in late. My joints are really stiff & sore. I guess I haven't been thinking of myself, and focussing more on mom and her pain. I came home from hospital yesterday about 1pm and slept until 5pm, after being awake 30 hours. I went back in the evening, but mom did not make the list for surgery. She was very confused as she had been moved to a room. She kept complaining about the woman in the bed next to her, screaming. She lucked out and is in a private room. Talked gibberish, not just apparently the effect of meds. The orthapedic surgeon dropped by to apologize that some other urgent surgeries came ahead of her. She was 2nd on the hip list for today. Thank you for your prayers and good wishes.

Mom had her hip surgery this morning, so I will drop by later this afternoon. I need to drop off the finished quilts from Monday's group to Victoria coordinator. I sent a message to my family through Facebook. I have way too many relatives to call them individually. Those not on FB will get the news from their siblings. I am holding off on contacting my brother, as he hasn't had contact with family since 2000. I am tired, and my DH's cough and cold seem to be back. It's been over a month. He will try to get in to his doctor.

Linda - so sorry for your DDIL & DS's loss. It's never easy to lose a parent, but both in a short time must be extremely difficult.

We have put everything on hold for now, so whatever I get done on my list is a bonus. This is déjà vue for me. I believe that God only sends you challenges you can handle. I really need Him to stop testing me.