PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday hellos

Monique
December 4th, 2018, 07:15 AM
Good morning friends. This is the second time I am up but this time for the day. Work went well yesterday as we were very busy. I inputted parcels for 4 hours. And so the day flew by.

After work, I drove to Shawville, stopped and got bird seed and mouse poison, exchanged Les' ugly sweater and bought my little 3 foot tree.

And so this morning before work, I need to make a jellied salad for tomorrow night, I also need to gather all the gifts for my secret sister so I can take that with me as I won't be coming directly home after work.

Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
December 4th, 2018, 08:03 AM
Morning Monique and all who'll follow......

Monique, my you're one busy gal! Mouse poison! Yikes! Them little buggers need to eat lots and be gone!

Sewed lots yesterday, not on a quilt, but gift stuff. So done with that bunch, off to the PO today and out she goes. Then onto those closer to home.

Cold, sleet, dark and dreary yesterday. They say the golden orb will make a brief showing today.....looking forward to it! Getting colder, it if there's sun, not all bad.

Still no decorations......gonna try and just get a wreath on each door today.....at least it's somethin.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Hugs to all.

shermur
December 4th, 2018, 08:41 AM
Morning....

The family and I did Christmas decor this past Sunday and a little Christmas shopping. It seems we're still playing catch up from the move in September. And, starting a new part-time job right after Thanksgiving is another adjustment.

I go into the fabric chain retail store this morning to open. The past two weeks has been 1 scheduled shift per week; it probably won't be much longer until my new job goes full-time. I will be glad when it's over.....

Monique
December 4th, 2018, 08:52 AM
Morning Monique and all who'll follow......

Monique, my you're one busy gal! Mouse poison! Yikes! Them little buggers need to eat lots and be gone!

Sewed lots yesterday, not on a quilt, but gift stuff. So done with that bunch, off to the PO today and out she goes. Then onto those closer to home.

Cold, sleet, dark and dreary yesterday. They say the golden orb will make a brief showing today.....looking forward to it! Getting colder, it if there's sun, not all bad.

Still no decorations......gonna try and just get a wreath on each door today.....at least it's somethin.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Hugs to all.

Of what is the golden orb of what you speak of?

baslp
December 4th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Good morning. I will hAve to put on my heavier coat today. It will be breezy and 42 degrees. I put up out table top Xmas tree last night. I also put up our wreath that says - get your jingle on. I tutor this morn. Then I hope to get some sewing done on my wall hanging.

Have a good day.
Beth

KPH
December 4th, 2018, 09:12 AM
Good Morning Everyone.

Monique you're so very busy! Have fun tonight.

Anita, we had a peak of that golden orb yesterday afternoon. Before that it was the pouring, pouring and more pouring with some lightning and thunder, to boot.

Sherri, I hope you have a great day and things work out for the better.

Yesterday, I was so excited to get Melinda's quilt done and in the mail yesterday, I forgot to take a picture of the finished quilt. It didn't even dawn on me until after dinner. I hope the long armer will post a picture of their quilting on Facebook so I can at least have a picture at that stage, and crossing my fingers that Russell will take a picture of Mel with her quilt!

I received my first Christmas card yesterday from one of Mom's cousins. She always includes poetry that she's written. This year she sent two that touched my heart.

The chicken and noodles went over well last night. I sliced one breast for Morgan since she's no carbing these days. I was surprised everyone else went back for seconds.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, comfort, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings. Prayers for those that have been in mother nature's path for restoration and peace.

Star lover
December 4th, 2018, 09:19 AM
Of what is the golden orb of what you speak of?

The SUN....wonderful bright rays of sunshine......kinda foreign in these parts, these days....sorry, just being silly......mmmmm, just could be a lack of sunshine.....

MaryUK
December 4th, 2018, 09:44 AM
I had a lovely day yesterday. Went Christmas shopping with DD and had breakfast out to start the day. The downside was that with all the walking my hips were protesting. Although I was tired when I went to bed, my hips were still hurting so didn't sleep too well.

Today I had a lie in followed by a lovely hot wallowing shower!! DD is coming for lunch then we plan to make a Christmas wreath. It will be a no sew wreath but DD has a pressured job and needs a distraction that doesn't call for too much brain power - she has 2 days annual leave so we are making the most of it!!

Hope everyone has a good day.

JCY
December 4th, 2018, 10:00 AM
Good Morning, All ~ Only 20 deg. this a.m. It might make it into the 40's today. We are supposed to see that golden orb. Love Colorado weather; we have >300 days of sunshine a year.

I worked on Christmas mail yest. afternoon & eve. That will be on the agenda for today as well. I have PT this afternoon. I'm missing doing at least a little bit of sewing each day, but I need to stay focused on the mail till it's done.

KPH
December 4th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Oh boy, just got off the phone with DS#1. Their dryer didn't dry. He's going to check a couple of things, because that stacked unit isn't that old. We bought it for Mom's house right before we moved in so we could get the freezer out of our bedroom, so somewhere 2010-2011.

He's going to do some research today and depending on prices, their family night may be looking for a new washer dryer set. I told him if they needed, I could go get part of their Christmas present from me... as in cash for their summer projects budget. I guess I'm going to the bank today, for the Christmas envelopes that I wasn't planning to fill quite yet. Well, it will be one more thing ticked off of the list of Christmas things for this month.

grammaterry
December 4th, 2018, 10:43 AM
eventhough I put up the tree yesterday, not feeling the Christmas spirit yet. I think time is just passing so fast I can't catch up with it in my mind. Its getting cold this week but yesterday was beautiful.
Think I might go finish my Christmas bags for the GC today. I need to embroider a few more gift towels. DH has declined two Christmas parties. I'm a little disappointed but they wouldn't be fun if he didn't want to be there.

Georgie Girl
December 4th, 2018, 10:49 AM
For what it's worth I just had my dryer fixed. He tested it on the time cycle which I never used, I use either cotton cycle or polyester which uses a sensor to dry. That was my problem, I had found this long wired thing hanging from the lint trap and took it out thinking it was something to hold it in. Well it actually was the sensor to sensor for when the clothes are dry. The timer cycle doesn't use the sensor. What did I know, obviously nothing but now I do.

KarenC
December 4th, 2018, 10:59 AM
Sorry to hear about the dryer woes. Hoping mine will last a while, since I don't think it's that old. Finished weeding beds in the back yard yesterday. Now to fertilize and mulch before the weeds come back again. A bit of piecing went on yesterday, not a lot. Today I go to farmers market and to have lunch with a friend in Houston. Then I will come home to cook and freeze squash. Cold front came in last night, so it will be a sweater day for sure.

Claire Hallman
December 4th, 2018, 11:14 AM
It was a gorgeous day here yesterday and looks like a repeat today but a little colder, wonderful. I went to The American Village in Montevallo, Alabama http://www.americanvillage.org/site/PageServer yesterday to their Christmas program. It was wonderful with tiny plays in several locations depicting how Christmas was celebrated in 1775 or thereabouts, Martha Washington and Abigail Adams were there as was "Virginia" of is there a Santa fame. It was a lovely morning with a delicious lunch then errands afterwards.
I did manage to finish hand sewing the binding on the fall guest bed quilt, a little late but it will be pretty in there next year. Shams to go with it are the next things on my list of projects.

MissMay in Jersey
December 4th, 2018, 11:34 AM
The golden orb is in full show here in Jersey, 156259
So much nicer than the dark drizzly days we've had recently, on Sunday we drove through fog from our house to the commentary in Brooklyn.

My brother, sisters and I, and some of our family members had a nice lunch after the elementary visit. Niece Judy was at the lunch with her 10 year old DD Ella who I haven't seen for a few years. Ella came over to say Hello to me, seems she has claimed all the hand made things I made her mother when she was growing up and tells people that Aunt May made me this purse, she made me this doll, etc. I did make Ella a baby quilt so that's true too. It was so nice to find out how much my work was appreciated for 2 generations. I'm going to make Ella a little zipper bag for her "make up", colored lip balm.

Need to pull out some Christmas tops, need one for tomorrow's lunch with my Granny Cousins. The 4 of us have been meeting every few months for the last 20 years and it's always a good time.

Monique we have a 3 ft prelit tree now that we set on a small table. It goes up and gets decorated quickly without the stress of a big tree, makes celebrating Christmas a joy instead of a stress chore.

Have a Good Day, Hugs, May

pcbatiks
December 4th, 2018, 12:14 PM
Lol ...Anita, your golden orb comment made me laugh! The golden orb is shining bright here today & yesterday and very much appreciated.