PDA

View Full Version : It's Wednesday!!

Monique
November 21st, 2018, 08:30 AM
Good morning friends. More snow today, not much but more of it to add to the already stuff on the ground.

So I got to Victoria's Quilts yesterday with a bunch of "stuff" (fabric, patterns, stencils, books). Most of it was taken by different people. I think Bonnie would be pleased, at least I hope she would be. I came away with a much lighter load. I got my errands done, parcel sent at a ridiculous price????? but sent nonetheless, and groceries bought. By the time I got home it was about 2:30. Needless to say I didn't get into the sewing room at all.

Today I will head over to Bonnie's and water the flowers and pick up little things left over in her sewing room.

And then I hope to get into the sewing room but first I need to clear off the sewing table. It is a never ending battle.

Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
November 21st, 2018, 08:35 AM
Good morning all!

Monique, you're a wonderful friend. I'm sure Bonnie would be very pleased.......you're the best!

No new snow here this am.......I'm super happy. I may be able to get the gutters done today.....not so sure about the lawn. It's not as important as the gutters. Sure don't want any ice damage on that new roof!

Never saw my sewing room.....well I did, but didn't sew.

Busy day planned. Clean house, cook, bake......and maybe those gutters....

So thankful for soooo much. Y'all are on my thankful for list! May you all have a blessed thanksgiving time with those you love and care for. Hugs to all!

baslp
November 21st, 2018, 09:11 AM
Good morning. The cold ai4 is arriving here today. It is suppose to be the coldest Thanksgiving here in a 100 yrs. I spent the day with the pug at the vet hospital. Doing nothing is so tiring. They added 3 new meds. She did show some improvement in her chest X-ray.
My niece wants to go to the mall today. So we will be heading up there later this morn for a few yrs. not sure if I will get any sewing done today.

Have a good day
Beth

KPH
November 21st, 2018, 09:42 AM
Good Morning All,

Today's the day, the boys finally decided to put the Vibe in mine and Mike's name. lol, such agony over a little decision that should have happened over the last spring break... summer vacation... fall break... lol. I guess it became an issue when the tags came due since it's based on Jim's birthday.

Once that's taken care of, it's going to be get the dusters, vacuum, and Shark Steamer out. It's time to clean before we start decorating for Christmas.

Jonathan was upset, my sewing machine wasn't on my desk. Who knew that would bug him? I told him to turn around, it was right behind him on the floor. I guess he'd never seen my desk without a sewing machine on it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow. Enjoy time with your family. I'll be spending it with my DIL's family, they're so kind to add us to their family unit.

Prayers for all of those in need, for healing, strength, comfort, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings and wonderful forum friends.

JCY
November 21st, 2018, 10:02 AM
Good Morning, this Thanksgiving Eve ~ Another chilly morning, but I think it will get to 60 or more today. We squeaked up to 59 yest. The travel weather in CO is supposed to be good until Sat., when there's a chance of snow, esp. in the mts.

The house smelled so good yest. with the baking bread. In the afternoon I finally successfully made one section of the Four in a Row pattern, using Eleanor Burns' "Forever Love" fabrics. I have a JR, part of a layer cake, a pkg. of charms, & some yardage left over from the last quilt, which was the "Prairie Flower" pattern of Jenny's.

I have an 8:15 PT appt. this a.m., so DH is stressed out about getting his medical procedure done before I go & how we're going to get everything done. It all works out, even though it's a bit rushed.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday.

Ginny B
November 21st, 2018, 10:19 AM
Good morning all. I am here this morning with a sad heart. Our friend Ray passed away Monday afternoon. He was such a wonderful person. My youngest son Tim arrived yesterday afternoon so that is putting gladness in my heart. I will have 3 of my boys with me on Thanksgiving.

We are heading up to Peekskill in a little while and then we will all be busy bees with the Thanksgiving day prep. It is going to be a very cold Thanksgiving but no snow.

I hope everyone has a good holiday. Safe travels.

JulieC
November 21st, 2018, 10:22 AM
Good morning, it is a cold, gray day here...there's a slight chance of snow, with little or no accumulation. I'm looking forward to Friday, temps in the upper 40's and sunny, it will be a wonderful day to work in the yard.

I am going to call my Aunt, she is in a nursing home/rehabilitation facility since her hip replacement a couple of months ago. She fell while there and broke her arm. Mom would really like to see her. I'd like to bring my aunt out for a visit if she's able to leave the facility and get up the three stairs to Mom's house. If that's not possible, I will see if Mom will let me take her to see her sister. Mom has been very confused lately, she thinks her mother is in the hospital, not her sister. Grandma passed 30+ years ago.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

grammaterry
November 21st, 2018, 10:25 AM
Oh, I am so thankful for you all here at the forum. You make my mornings. I don't feel so isolated when I here your morning chats. And how blessed can I be, that my family is all gathering tomorrow for our great day of Thanksgiving. How blessed we are to have been born in this free country with all its bounty.

MaggieSue
November 21st, 2018, 12:07 PM
I am a daily visitor, but seldom contribute, but I just wanted to take moment to thank all of my forum friends, for friendship and helping me feel welcome to this wonderful forum. Blessings to all on TG!!!

geegeequilts
November 21st, 2018, 01:11 PM
I'll add my thanks for all my blessings today & for all the tomorrows. Best husband, son & daughter, my furbabies (canine & feline). For my family (favorite aunts & uncles). The quilty friends I have here. You'll never know how much I have appreciated the well wishes last year when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I don't get out that much, specially in cold weather & it sure is so nice I can come here & have you guys. You're the best!

Hope you, your family, & those close to you have a wonderful day when you gather.

Thoughts & prayers for those who have lost loved ones whether it was family or friends.

Will keep those affected by the fires in my prayers. You are not forgotten.

Special prayers for the firefighters & medical personnel. You are my heroes!

Gina

chelea
November 21st, 2018, 01:22 PM
Another cold, gray November day in New England. Tomorrow the forecast high is 23, low 13 overnight. Brrr. Glad we're past the high school Thanksgiving Day (freezing our tookus off) football days.
The house is squeaky clean so I'm spending the day in the kitchen. On today's agenda: stuffing, butternut squash, green bean casserole, apple pie, pumpkin pie and a cheesecake. Tomorrow the reinforcements (kids) arrive and will help with the rest of the cooking that can't be done ahead.
I'm so thankful for everyone on this Forum and the Doan family who brought us together. I hope you all have a peaceful Thanksgiving and that someone does the dishes for you!

jjkaiser
November 21st, 2018, 03:00 PM
I will be having a most unusual Thanksgiving. My dh is in Mexico with our niece for the week. More sewing time for me, yay!! My dd invited me, but I am too lazy to drive the 2.5 hours to her house (and back) plus you have to drive through Chicago, which is always so nuts. No thank you. Instead, one of my other dd is coming over and we are gonna order take out pizza and watch Lifetime Christmas movies. She works at Amazon 3rd shift and cannot handle a big TG meal as it would make her too sleepy at work. Today I have my 7 yo GD who is off of school. We are making pumpkin shaped dinner rolls for her to take to her Dad's on TG. The dough is rising right now. She had fun kneading it and putting all the ingred together. Hope everyone here has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful for all the friends I have made here.

Caroline T.
November 21st, 2018, 03:29 PM
Well i'm on my way to the hospital with my grandson so he can meet his new baby brother that arrived early this morning. This is my former DIL's (now remarried) child, so technically it's not my new grandchild, but that won't stop me from claiming him as part of my family.

No big plans for tomorrow, DH wants bbq chicken for dinner since it will just be the two of us, i'm ok with that. Also gives me more time to sew this weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
November 21st, 2018, 10:31 PM
I'm really late today, but I was up early to drive to LQS where I rented long arm. Normally, about 45-50 minutes away, it took an hour and a half due to accidents. We had more snow last night and many people are still foolishly driving without winter tires. All season tires do not work in our climate. The temps have dropped and its -17c going to -25c tomorrow. There is a frostbite advisory.

The quilting did not go as expected, and there was an issue with the tension. I (owner & employee) all picked apart two full rows. This set me back. Thank God I rented it for tomorrow also, so I should finish it. I also brought a smaller 72 x 84 quilt. I got home after 6pm, so I picked up pizza and poutine.

I want to wish all my American friends a very happy Thanksgiving. It does look like everyone has figured out their plans. I am not certain what DH's family in Kansas have planned. I am hopeful that someone will visit my FIL. With his dementia, I don't think it would matter which day it is celebrated. I am thankful he is being well cared for in a great facility.

Enjoy your celebrations tomorrow and have a wonderful evening.