PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Trivia: Taco Bell

Star lover
November 20th, 2018, 07:47 AM
Although its logo features a mission bell, the "Bell" part of Taco Bell's name comes from Glen Bell, the company's founder.

In the 1950s, the California businessman test-marketed crispy-shell tacos for 19 cents each at his Bell's Burgers drive-in. When customers gobbled them up, Bell knew he had a winner. He opened his first Taco Bell in Downey, California, in 1962.

Today there are about 7,000 Taco Bell locations in 25 countries worldwide — none of them in Mexico.

I can count on one hand (and have fingers left over) how many times I've eaten at Taco Bell.

KPH
November 20th, 2018, 08:39 AM
Howard's Aunt Peggy had her little thing. She was the driver for the two older sisters. They'd go out and if nobody had a suggestion on where to eat, she'd threaten to drive to the Taco Bell. They usually came up with something better to eat pretty quickly.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
November 20th, 2018, 09:40 AM
Yup, same here. Probably ate there twice, second time was stuck off highway with nowhere else to eat.

Fool me once, hame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

grammaterry
November 20th, 2018, 10:51 AM
Ummm...Taco bell is one of my favorite fast foods. I remember in 1966 the first taco bell came to SLC and a gf took me there. I had no idea what to order. Never heard of taco's and burritos until then.

quiltsRfun
November 20th, 2018, 12:48 PM
Ummm...Taco bell is one of my favorite fast foods. I remember in 1966 the first taco bell came to SLC and a gf took me there. I had no idea what to order. Never heard of taco's and burritos until then.

I like it too. Not as good as my fave Mexican restaurant but is any fast food place restaurant quality?

Hulamoon
November 20th, 2018, 01:14 PM
Does anyone remember Del Taco? It was founded in 1964. I grew up as a teen an Southern Calif and there was every fast food place you can imagine there.

geegeequilts
November 20th, 2018, 01:49 PM
Ugh, Del Taco? I quit going there way before it closed (Thank heaven!) after I got a taco with a band aid in it!!!! Took myself back to the restaurant & threw a temper tantrum. They wanted to know if I wanted something else!!!! I said "yeah, to see the board of health close you down. I'll be calling them tomorrow morning!" Don't remember when they finally did.

Sorry if I grossed anyone out. Took me a long time to consider tacos anywhere but homemade.

Gina

Heather
November 20th, 2018, 05:54 PM
I used to love Taco Bell. Can't eat there anymore. But back in the day, I used to get taco supreme with fire sauce.

dwil23
November 20th, 2018, 10:41 PM
I don't mind Taco Bell - but boy have they gotten expensive! It used to be a pretty cheap place to eat.

My first memory of Taco Bell is when the first one opened locally. My cousin's wife, who was from a border town in Texas, was so excited. Not being too adventurous, my sister and I tried the "Bell Burger". Thank goodness that is no longer on the menu! It was extra spicy and we had never had anything like that before, so were not at all impressed.

laura44
November 21st, 2018, 02:53 AM
I like Taco Bell, but it doesn't like my tummy:icon_shake: