PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Hellos! :)

JCY
November 18th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ Brr! It's chilly this a.m. After the snow quit last eve. it cleared off & it's only 20 deg. this a.m. I haven't decided whether I'm going out to church or not. There is probably only an inch of snow on the street, but there may be ice under it. I'm getting less venturesome in my old age. DH is urging me to stay home. We'll see.

I finished the FMQ on the Baby Bargello yest. & got the edges trimmed. It's ready for binding. I feel like I'm making progress.

DS#1 called from MD yest. He had a good trip to Boise. They used to live there when he was stationed with the Air Force at Mountain Home AFB. He noticed lots of changes. Since there are no direct flights from Baltimore to Boise, he had to fly via Phoenix. All told, his travel time was almost as long as if they'd flown to Holland! Each way was a long day of travel.

DS#2 plans to call this eve., so I'll finally get the scoop on his visit to his lady friend when he was here in Colo.

No more time this a.m.

grammaterry
November 18th, 2018, 10:55 AM
Good Morning Joy. We are having beautiful fall weather in the 60's this week. Thanksgiving will be about 50 and then cold rain, maybe snow.
Yesterday DH and I set up the new wireless printer. We bought an Epson eco tank that supposedly has enough ink for two years. They are ink wells not cartridges and even though this printer was twice the price of a cartridge one, the savings on ink should balance it out. It took us almost two hour s for set up though.
I embroider machined yesterday. Got three guest towels embroidered but not hemmed. Takes a long time but they are really pretty.
Friday I bought a memory foam mattress topper for our bed. DH said it was too hard and he couldn't get comfortable. He loves the top . Me?...not so much. Seems it absorbs body heat and so it is warm on the mattress side but the side next to the quilt seems cold and I feel like its too soft on my hips. The paperwork says sometimes it takes time to get used to it. We'll see. But better he is comfortable than complaining. I would think this is why many couples have separate rooms.
DH has been taking hickory logs to the sawyer and yesterday his brakelines failed. He is debating replacing them himself or hiring it done. That ol' truck has 275k , is on its second transmission, and is rusted out something awful, but he loves it.

Monique
November 18th, 2018, 11:12 AM
Good morning everyone. It was foggy here earlier, it so looked like it wanted to snow. The sun is out but it is a crisp day. I have been going through Bonnie's fabrics/patterns/notions and 'stuff'. I have chosen some fabric that I like. My friend Lynda is to stop in today and go through and see if there is something she likes. The rest I will take to Victoria's Quilts on Tuesday and see what they want. I also have many bags full of 'scraps' and no I am not keeping them. My neighbour knows of an organization in Ottawa that teach women how to sew so I think I shall pass along all those to them. She also had medical supplies that I have shared as well. Those can not be returned or they can but they will trash them. Some supplies were returned to the pharmacy for disposal.

I have one set of bowl cozies made for my sister-in-law and she requested two. My brother also asked for 2 sets. I got the rest of the fabric cut yesterday but could not find my 100% batting. An in-depth search this morning proved successful. Now I can continue with those while trying to find a place for all this extra fabric that I now have.

I also need to get organized and wrap all my gifts for the ss Christmas swap and get that to the post office this week. I was able to find a smaller box that won't cost me as much as the first box I had.

Anyway, that's my day. We may still go out later as hubby wants to go look for a new couch. But we shall see later.

Have a great Sunday friends.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
November 18th, 2018, 01:34 PM
Good morning,

It's been a very slow morning for me. I slept in close to 10am. I am exhausted from yesterday. It was an extremely busy, but profitable craft show. It seems that Friday evening's snow put everyone in xmas shopping mood. DH usually shops the show for items for his family but he has been coughing and sick all week. He dropped my DD and I off and went home.

We had tickets for the volunteer and awards dinner at our sailing club.DH texted me during the day saying I should find someone to go with. I asked my GF Diane. She had a booth at the same show, and had no plans so we went. The food at the club had not been good under the previous chef, but this one is 5*. The food was Amazing. Carrot & squash Apple soup, beef tenderloin, scalloped patatoes wrapped in Phyllo pastry, and carrot & asparagus wrapped in zucchini strips. The beef was so tender and perfectly cooked, which is not always easy for large groups. But the dessert was a star. It was chocolate ganache cake with salted caramel drizzle. Everyone dove in, and I swear if we were not in public, some might have licked their plate. Diane is single, pretty red head and very adventurous in nature. I introduced her to many sailors who I know are single, and I think there could be something in her future with one of them. He will have to wait as she is leaving after xmas on 6 week trip to Vietnam, Cambodia and other countries.

Today I will put away and sort whatever remains from the craft show. I also need to press and prep the backing for 2 quilts that I am quilting Wed & Thurs. But for now I am resting as my hip and leg are sore from standing so much.

Joy - it would have been an interesting speaker. I love the series Little House on the Prairie, but could not imagine living in those times.

Terry - it can take some time to get used to new mattress. I have many friends who got twin beds indifferent softness/firmness but put them together, so it's a kingsize. Also have many friends who sleep in separate rooms, due to the partner's snoring. Oh the joys.

Monique - glad you are finding homes for Bonnie's fabric collection. Paulette dropped by my booth and said you guys had a lovely retreat time.

I sure hope our postal rotating strike ends soon. I am expecting packages from M* and CT. I also something I want from Hancock but hesitant in case it gets misplaced.

Enjoy your day. Be safe and thoughts are with everyone who are displaced from the California fires.

baslp
November 18th, 2018, 01:39 PM
Good morning. We spent Saturday night at 5he vet ER with the pug again. This time she had a bad ear infection. I hope to sew a few more rows onto my Xmas quilt. I want to hang 2 of my wall hanging quilts in our new quest room. My sister and her 2 kids arrive tomorrow. They are flying in from Alabama.

My DH and I have had separate bedrooms for 11 yrs. He likes to get up at 5 and when he is on call he has to answer phone calls. He sometimes gets up to go look at CAT or MRI scans. We tried twin beds for awhile , I would throw my paper back books at him to get him to stop snoring!
Hope everyone has a good day
Beth

Claire Hallman
November 18th, 2018, 02:48 PM
Beautiful sunny day here and I think the temps will be 60ish, it will be dry here for several days.
I got my turkey breast roast out of the freezer into the fridge to thaw, planning the meal is ongoing. I did make some of the best dressing I have ever made last week, made a small pan and a larger one that went into the freezer so that is done.
This afternoon the grands are coming for a spend the night and stay tomorrow since their school is closed all week. They may be back for Wed, too. I think making and decorating sugar cookies will be on our to do list tomorrow. I might make up the batter today so it will be ready to roll tomorrow.
There is not going to be much sewing going on around here this week but I might sneak in there for a while today.

KPH
November 18th, 2018, 05:27 PM
Here it is, almost 3:30 and I'm just getting here. Business meeting at church kept us late. I bought Burger King lunch for the three of us. Mike changed the oil in his truck, and has the stuff to do the Vibe. He'll have to take his oil to the recycling before he can do the little car. When he had the hood opened looking for the part #s I noticed the corrosion all around the battery cables. I told him we're going to fix that too.

The windows come tomorrow! The lady called and scheduled for 12/6 and I'd barely gotten the phone back on the hook and back to my work when she called back. They had a cancellation for Monday. Don't you know I jumped all over that! Now, I can get this house cleaned!

He's ready to take the battery back to NAPA to recycle.

Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.