PDA

View Full Version : I'm heart broken

KPH
November 14th, 2018, 05:05 PM
My MIL just called, I don't remember if you all remember Chris (I made him the Hip to be Square quilt earlier this year). He started having seizures last night. They had to call the ambulance to come pick him up. They finally got him calmed and resting. The doctors have met, there's nothing more they can do for him. His mom has called in hospice and his sister drove up to NC last night. His dad and step mom are flying in from TX this weekend.

Bless his heart, he's only 38 years old. His grandmother is taking it hard, but doesn't want him to suffer like her husband did. It's going to be rough on the family with the holidays coming. His dad is Howard's cousin, and has already fought lung cancer and prostate cancer and it on the mends from his last surgery.

If you could add Chris to your prayer list for peace and comfort I would greatly appreciate it. He's always been one of my favorites (even though I shouldn't have favorites).

Hulamoon
November 14th, 2018, 05:11 PM
That's such sad news. My thoughts are with you and the family.

jjkaiser
November 14th, 2018, 05:14 PM
I am so sorry. Hospice is wonderful, but aw life, the heartaches and stress of it, esp in someone so young. Sending you hugs to get through.

MaggieSue
November 14th, 2018, 05:54 PM
Hugs and prayers for you and the family!!!

chelea
November 14th, 2018, 07:15 PM
That's sad to hear Katrina. Adding you all to my prayer list.

JCY
November 14th, 2018, 07:52 PM
Dear Katrina ~ Sorry to hear this news. I think it's ok to have favorites. So young to be having such serious medical problems. May God comfort you & him & the family during this difficult time. Thoughts & prayers for you all.

MRoy
November 14th, 2018, 09:00 PM
I'm so sorry. Prayers for Chris and all his family. P.S. It's okay to have favorites...I've got a couple of them too!

CraftyJnet
November 14th, 2018, 09:03 PM
Chris and his family will be in my prayers. As will you.

pcbatiks
November 14th, 2018, 09:03 PM
Sorry to hear this, Katrina. Prayers for peace and comfort for the whole family.

Monique
November 14th, 2018, 09:10 PM
I am so sorry. Prayers added to the long list.

Cokie
November 14th, 2018, 09:26 PM
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. Praying for peace and comfort for Chris and his family, and for you as well. Sending a hug for you too.

baslp
November 14th, 2018, 09:31 PM
So sorry to hear this. Sending thoughts of peace and comfort.

Navy Wife
November 14th, 2018, 09:58 PM
My prayers are with you all. It's so hard to lose one so young.

grammaterry
November 14th, 2018, 10:13 PM
I will pray for the family. THis is a terrible thing and regardless of the time of year, it is hard on the whole family

URIBARRI-MAYOR
November 14th, 2018, 10:15 PM
I am sorry to hear such sad news, praying for Chris his family and for you

Carolnnc
November 14th, 2018, 10:36 PM
Katrina I am so sorry. I will be praying for the family and also praying for peace and comfort for Chris.

cv quilter
November 14th, 2018, 10:52 PM
God bless all of you....These times are so hard to accept and to understand. How can any of us know what his family is feeling??? YET, we can certainly pray for Chris and his family...for all of you, and that God will bring peace and comfort to each of you, especially to Chris.

Ginny B
November 15th, 2018, 12:31 AM
Katrina, so sorry. Will keep Chris and his family and, of course, you in my thoughts and prayers.

Judy, USMC
November 15th, 2018, 12:35 AM
Prayers for peace for him and strength for the family. Such sad news.

Star lover
November 15th, 2018, 08:35 AM
Oh Katrina.....my heart aches for you......we can't help having favorites. I'll keep you all in my prayers. Love and hugs!

Bubby
November 15th, 2018, 09:08 AM
It's sad to hear this...my prayers are with all of you.

Bouse
November 15th, 2018, 09:37 AM
Prayers said for Chris, his family and for you. It's a difficult thing to see in a young person at any time of the year.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
November 15th, 2018, 09:41 AM
Katrina, I'm so sorry to hear about Chris' health issues. It doesn't seem fair that such a young life should suffer so much. Prayers for all.

geegeequilts
November 15th, 2018, 05:08 PM
Will pray for Chris & his family for strength in the coming days.

Gina

Rhonda K
November 15th, 2018, 06:58 PM
Special thoughts for your dear Chris and his comfort.

Suzette
November 15th, 2018, 07:38 PM
Keeping Chris and all who know and love him in my prayers.