PDA

View Full Version : Good Monday Morning

KPH
November 12th, 2018, 09:51 AM
Good Morning All,

Someone's probably typing as I am starting the morning thread. We'll see.

I finished Melinda's quilt, and finished the binding on my Christmas quilt yesterday. I'm getting ready to go in and start on my pillow cases to go with it.

Today is family dinner, I'm going to get out a pork tenderloin and use the Cream of Bacon soup with it. Rice is definitely going on the menu and probably broccoli and another veggie. Kids will expect cookies, so my last pack on Chocolate chip cookies is going to be baked today. I guess later this week, I'll have to mix up a bunch of cookie dough to freeze.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

JCY
November 12th, 2018, 10:03 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ A chilly morning, only 22 deg. With the snow yest., it never got above 35. I was surprised when I looked outside this morning & the streets were white. We got another 1/2" some time during the night. Yest. p.m. all the streets were clear & dry. It will an icy commute for travelers this a.m. I don't know what the official snow total was yest. I saw on the news that 1 mi. W of Boulder got 11"; Lafayette got 6.5". Only 1.4" at the Denver airport. I know we got a good 5 or 5.5" by the end of the day. It snowed most of the day.

I did not make it to the sewing room yest., but I worked on my BSF lesson. Nine chapters in I Samuel this week, so it's a lot of reading. In the eve. I made that Red Lentil Soup recipe that was posted here recently. Didn't really care for it, but I'll eat it. I froze up part of it.

Yest. afternoon I stripped the guest bed, washed the sheets, & remade the bed. Today will be more laundry & the usual. I have a much needed massage scheduled for 1 p.m. I'm really looking forward to that.

Ginny B
November 12th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Good morning Katrina and all to follow. It's a frosty one out there today. Getting myself ready to head up to Peekskill with my sis. I've got my turkey pan and my crockpots all packed up in the car and I am just gathering the rest of the "stuff" that's heading up there --- like containers to bring leftovers home in, etc. :icon_bigsmile:

Last night while scrolling through the guide on the tv I saw that there was a presentation of The Sound of Music on PBS. It was a filmed live production from the UK. Not sure what year it was done. I was a bit skeptical but it was done very well! I enjoyed it.

Katrina, it sounds like you accomplished a lot yesterday. Enjoy your family dinner this evening. Tonight I don't need to cook. My sons are both off so they will be taking care of dinner for us. Love it!

Have a good day all. Prayers for all those who need them and as we observe Veteran's Day today, thank you to all those who have served and to their families too.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
November 12th, 2018, 10:37 AM
Good morning ladies,
The patio is covered with a light dusting of snow. I'm sure glad that we are not getting dumps of snow that I see on the weather channel. So far, we have been spared.

Katrina, I'm glad that you got your xmas quilt back and it's done. You mentioned yesterday that it looked crooked. Is this from the LA? I am guessing that you sew your binding by machine, or you are a super fast hand sewer. I can't wait to get mine quilted in a few weeks. Just in time for xmas decorating. I've already made pillow shams and pillowcases. So ready to rock n' roll. Sounds like you are getting lots done. I hope that you have a quiet week and can enjoy some me time.

Yesterday I picked up eggs and a few items at the grocery store. It was packed as stores were closed until noon for Remembrance Day observance. It was hilarious, people were taking off with other people's cart. Then it happened. My cart was taken and I found it 4 aisles over, so the rest of the time, I kept one hand on it while picking items. A man laughed at my situation, then low & behold, someone walked away with his cart. He got it, but we laughed. Today banks and govt offices are closed, but it's a regular work day for others. Nov 11 is the day, whatever day of the week it falls on. If during the week, and you don't have it off, people stop at 11am to remember.

When I got home I made 2 large batches of chocolate mint chip cookies. I baked 3 doz and froze 8 doz of raw dough. In the morning, I made a delicious beef stew. The meat just fell apart, no knife needed. I put some in freezer packs and also made some scalloped patatoes with Miracle whip, Parmesan cheese and bacon chips. This will be good to pull out when I want to quilt all day.

I woke up at 4 am from crazy dreams, but also painful finger, hip and shoulder joints. I have not been taking anti-inflammatory meds in the past week, and I guess I realize that I better take them on a regular basis. These bouts of arthritic pain are not encouraging. It's been challenging to finish items for craft sale. I pulled out bins for the sale, I have 5 so far. I don't really care to make any more items. What I have, is what I have. I will finish what I have started, advent calendars and 3 more crib sheets made. I just need to package them.

Joy, enjoy your massage. I have one at 7pm, first time my RMT works late. I know I am going to need it. I booked 3 more before the end of the year.

Enjoy your day, and be safe on the roads today. Thoughts are with the families who have lost loved ones and their homes in the California fires.

KarenC
November 12th, 2018, 10:58 AM
Good morning everyone. Houston Quilt Festival is finally over! I am happy to stay home this morning. As many of you know I worked for a vendor saga in this year. We started setup Tuesday afternoon and finished take down at 6 last night. I slept really good last night. The show was a good one for her. Sales were good, and we stayed busy most of the time. I was really good about not spending until Saturday. Found a wedding ring quilt I think i'll tackle for my niece who is getting married in May, so I did my shopping there for the fabric. Also picked up a rotating mat from Martelli. Should have waited on that. I saw today they started their 50% off sale. Oh well.

Today I need to check the weather for Lake Tahoe area and pack, as I go to visit my BFF tomorrow. When I finally looked at my phone yesterday, there were several messages regarding no charge for changing m you trip to avoid flying into San Francisco because of all the smoke from the fires. So now I am flying through Denver.

Katrina, i am jealous of your productivity some days. You seem to be able to set your mind to it and get it done. I always find distractiobs. Hope Mike can find another job soon. I hope everyone has a great day today.

KPH
November 12th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Good morning ladies,
The patio is covered with a light dusting of snow. I'm sure glad that we are not getting dumps of snow that I see on the weather channel. So far, we have been spared.

Katrina, I'm glad that you got your xmas quilt back and it's done. You mentioned yesterday that it looked crooked. Is this from the LA? I am guessing that you sew your binding by machine, or you are a super fast hand sewer. I can't wait to get mine quilted in a few weeks. Just in time for xmas decorating. I've already made pillow shams and pillowcases. So ready to rock n' roll. Sounds like you are getting lots done. I hope that you have a quiet week and can enjoy some me time.

Oh, Suzanne, it had nothing to do with the long armer or the quilt. It had to do with the tired old woman that just threw it on the bed to take it all in. There wasn't any need to leave it on the bed yet. I want those window guys to come and make their mess before I put it on the bed for the holiday season. I need to get a set of white sheets to go with it. We have a queen size water bed and DH could handle putting a queen sized fitted sheet on the bed. Me, not so much, so I'm replacing the queen sized sheets with kings as I need them. So far, the teal sheets go with just about everything, so I just wash them and put them right back on the bed.

It's beautiful, Palm Tree Long Arm did a wonderful job with it.

baslp
November 12th, 2018, 01:03 PM
Good morning. Enjoying the sun before the rain moves in once again. Yesterday I headed up to the fabric store to find border and backing fabric. This store downsized this summer. They have not been getting a lot of new fabrics. I did find the colors I needed.
Today I have to go to the dentist for am emergency appt. I think the crown on one of my molars is loose and moves when I chew. Unfortunately our dentist moved 45 min from us. The old location was 10 -15 min away.

Thinking about all the people who fought for our freedom .
Beth

JCY
November 12th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Good morning, again ~ Hey, the snow flurries quit, & the sun came out! It's already up to 40 deg. Snow is melting. The streets should be good by 12:30, when I leave for my massage. I usually get a massage every 4 wks. I've had the same therapist for many years; she knows all my usual tight muscle spots. Our health center (assoc. with the hosp.) sells 3 packs of massage & acupuncture certificates (they used to be on paper, but now they're loaded on a card) every 6 mos. -- in May for Mother's Day & in Nov./Dec. for the holidays. It's a savings, so I get them each time.

The newspaper said we got 5.5" of snow in our town. I think we got close to another inch this a.m. It started snowing again at daylight so we got another layer of snow.

While I'm out this afternoon, I'll stop by the groc. store. It's time to make chicken soup again. Tomorrow is the only day this week I can do it. Later I have an eye appt., first eval. & treat for PT, Bible study, etc. Every day has something, except Sat., & that's too late in the week. DH will need more soup before then. His weight gradually is inching up. The last 2 days he weighed 113 lb. Last Dec. he was down to only 98 lb., so that's an improvement from a year ago.

Well, it's time to check the dryer for the 2nd load of laundry. Have a good day.