PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning Saturday

chelea
November 10th, 2018, 11:13 AM
It's a sad state of affairs if I'm the first person posting this morning! Our early birds must all be busy doing other things.
Today the new puppy gets to visit our house for the first time. We're ready with baby gates, new toys and treats and I made him the cutest bandana yesterday. He's barely 4 months old so he'll probably just want to chew it.
Hope everyone has a good day. Happy Veterans Day to all our Marines, soldiers, sailors and air
men/women. Today is also the Marine Corps birthday, so Semper Fi to all the devildogs!

BethB
November 10th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Good morning everyone --- We had another inch of rain yesterday. With the rain we had last weekend, that is almost 6 inches of rain in about a week. My sister, daughter and I were going to go out to Meadowbrook Gourds to make a turkey (out of gourds), but my daughter just called and said it has been cancelled. They had to close the place because the roads are flooded and there is no way to get to the place. They have postponed till next Sat, so hope there is no more rain coming.

Chelea, congrats on the new puppy. They are always fun.

Well, since I won't be making a turkey today, I guess I will have to sew today. It is too windy to blow leaves.

Have a great day everyone.

Nancy

Carolnnc
November 10th, 2018, 12:41 PM
Good morning! It was dreary & rainy yesterday but today the sun is shining with a fall chill in the air.

Today I have an appointment to get a hair cut. I went a little to long & it's sticking out in weird places & won't behave. I love getting my hair cut! After that I have to go by & pay the storage unit fee, find a couple of king pillow cases, pick up boxes from UHaul & go by the UPS store to see if they can print out a form I need. My printer is in storage & to deep in to dig out. All that running around earns me a Chai Latte from Starbucks which is my one splurge.

When I get back home I'm going to do some iron transfer embroidery transfers of snowmen. Since all my quilting things are in storage I think working on some embroidery will help with the restlessness I've been feeling.

DH took 5 days off so we could drive around southern Virginia to look around. We found a house we want to look at so we are going back up this coming Friday. We saw the yard & outside of the house but couldn't see the inside when we took our trip. The house is an older home on 4 acres but we'll need a she shed & man cave since the house is tiny. After having two bathrooms for the last 11 years I told DH I'm digging him an outhouse. He grinned & said he didn't need one. Is it only in the south that guys start "watering" trees & bushes from the time they start walking?

Well I guess I better get up & moving.

Prayers for those who need it.

Hope everyone has a great day.

JulieC
November 10th, 2018, 01:39 PM
Good morning! I woke up to a dusting of snow on the ground, it is supposed to be cold with some light snow today. Even with the cold there were a stalwart few with their leaf blowers out.

I spent most of the morning auditioning edge-to-edge quilting designs for my Give Thanks wallhanging. I thought I knew going in which one I wanted, but after I got the Monster set-up and stitched a sample of the design I didn't like it...it was too busy with the appliqué (which are going on last). Then I tried design #2, which was better, but not quite what I wanted...onto design #3, which was almost the one. Turns out #4 was the charm. I'm taking a break, then this afternoon I will do the quilting. I'm in a bit of a crunch to get it done, today is the only day I have time to work on it.

The rest of my long weekend will be spent on leaf cleanup. There are old maple trees in my yard and my neighbors' yards, and most of their leaves on the ground. It is going to be a lot of work.

I think I will grab some lunch, then start quilting. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

JCY
November 10th, 2018, 02:08 PM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ I have a few min. before the work begins. DS is out running errands looking for more glue boards. I was hoping Lowe's would have them; they're just a few blocks from us. Nope. Neither did Home Depot. Now he's headed for Walmart where I bought them recently. We pitched several outdated boards yest. when we did cleaning in the bsmt., so we depleted our supply. I'm hoping it will warm up enough today to clean the window wells. Those are spider heaven. Plenty of "web sites" there! It's supposed to get up into the 50's today. We should be having one of those "warm before the storm" days, since it's supposed to snow 2-4" tomorrow. It will be short-lived. It's supposed to back up to 60 deg. later in the week.

This will be our last day with DS; tomorrow he's headed to another town 1 hr. away to meet in person the gal he's been friends with on line for the past few mos. It will be interesting to see where that relationship goes, if anywhere. He's been single for >20 yrs., so it would be a big adjustment. Also he'd have to find work in CO, since he lives near Seattle. But interestingly, she is from our town; they went to the same elem. school, but didn't know each other then. She was a grade ahead of him. They seem to have a lot of common interests. He'll drive up there in time for them to go to church together.

We're having a nice sunny day; yest. also was sunny & 46. I guess I better get on with my day.

baslp
November 10th, 2018, 03:21 PM
Good afternoon. A sunny day here. I will take the cool temps & wind as long as the sun is out. We are trying to get my dd old bedroom redecorated to use as a guest room. I need to bind a small wall hanging to hang on one of the walls.

Beth B — I have bought gourds from the place you mentioned a store here carried the pumpkin ones. I should take a trip out there.

Have a great rest of your day
Beth

Carlie Wolf
November 10th, 2018, 03:47 PM
What kind of puppy did you get chelea? How come he can only visit today? Puppies are just so adorable!

chelea
November 11th, 2018, 12:45 AM
Carlie, 2 weeks ago our son and soon to be daughter-in-law adopted a puppy from a wonderful private shelter in MA. The litter came from TN. He works and she is in grad school so I've been going up to puppy sit so the pup isn't alone for more than a couple of hours. They live about an hour away and came down to spend the weekend with us. The pup is such a good boy, really healthy, doing great with crate training. They seem to be doing all the right things. We lost our St. Bernard of 12 years in 2012 so it's been a very long time since we've had a dog around here. Hubs wants a dog so badly but we have 2 elderly, chronically ill kitties so now's not the time. This little guy is bringing us so much joy. The vet says he's a real mix but he is short haired, chocolate brown and white, with the markings of a pointer.

Carlie Wolf
November 11th, 2018, 10:54 AM
Wonderful chelea! Yes it is difficult to add a pet when the ones you still have are very old or sickly. Glad you had fun :-)

MSN
November 12th, 2018, 12:23 PM
DH took 5 days off so we could drive around southern Virginia to look around. We found a house we want to look at so we are going back up this coming Friday. We saw the yard & outside of the house but couldn't see the inside when we took our trip. The house is an older home on 4 acres but we'll need a she shed & man cave since the house is tiny. After having two bathrooms for the last 11 years I told DH I'm digging him an outhouse. He grinned & said he didn't need one. Is it only in the south that guys start "watering" trees & bushes from the time they start walking?

Carol, it's a guy thing, not a regional thing. I have friends who have a cabin "up north" in Minnesota. They hung a sign on the door of the outhouse that says, "Ladies' Room." The "Men's Room" sign is nailed to a tree.

Good luck with the house hunting. Hope you find the perfect property!