PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Snowy Saturday

SuzanneOrleansOntario
November 10th, 2018, 10:54 AM
Good morning,

A brief hello as I have a quilting friend dropping by this morning.

I will check in later and post my latest finishes.

KPH
November 10th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Good Morning!

It's cloudy and dreary here. The clouds are supposed to clear off this morning, but out temps are supposed to stay in the 60s all day. lol, yesterday it was in the 80s, today 60s tomorrow windy and 70s. You have to laugh when the weather guy posts the "HAIRCAST"! Geez, Louise, it must be a slow weather morning!

There's plenty of political drama still going on in Florida. It seems mighty fishy to me to suddenly find a whole box of ballots that were 'lost' in the same county where all of the ballots weren't the same! Oh well, it looks like there won't be a final count until sometime next week. At least the ads have stopped.

I've just about finished the blocks for Melinda's ribbon quilt. What a time! Michael Millers Cotton Couture Bright White jelly roll was flat and stringy on one end so it didn't measure 2.5" so there was a lot of recutting to make the squares square, but once that was taken care of, it's gone together like a breeze. I contacted Michael Millers fabric, but no response from them. I sent an email to M* to warn them about the problem to keep an eye out for those flat, stringy sided jelly rolls, they're giving me a credit on my account. It wasn't necessary, it wasn't their fault, but it will be spent anyway!

My Christmas quilt is ready, Mike's going to take me to pick it up. I can't wait to see it. I'll need to get some new sheets, I don't think the teal ones will look good with this red and green quilt.

I can't believe, the guy is cutting the grass in November. lol, I guess I'd better write his check while I'm thinking about it.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, comfort, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

MaggieSue
November 10th, 2018, 06:32 PM
Good afternoon. Attended a baby shower this morning for my nephews girlfriend. Played a bingo game during gift opening which was great fun!!! Been a long time since I have been to a shower . I made a self binding baby blanket. Wasn't accurate with marking the middle of each side and had to rip one and a half sides out and then start over, was spot on time number two and it was very cute. Made a teddy bear in the hoop and a bib. Fun party! Plan to work on another baby blanket need to have one in my closet, just in case. Katrina sounds like your day today is better. Hope all have a great day!!!

KPH
November 10th, 2018, 06:44 PM
Good afternoon. Attended a baby shower this morning for my nephews girlfriend. Played a bingo game during gift opening which was great fun!!! Been a long time since I have been to a shower . I made a self binding baby blanket. Wasn't accurate with marking the middle of each side and had to rip one and a half sides out and then start over, was spot on time number two and it was very cute. Made a teddy bear in the hoop and a bib. Fun party! Plan to work on another baby blanket need to have one in my closet, just in case. Katrina sounds like your day today is better. Hope all have a great day!!!

It has been a better day! lol, other than just burning the heck out of my tongue! That's what I get for rushing to eat my soup. I found Cream of Sweet Corn soup in the Campbell's section. It's new so we bought a couple of cans. I cut up two chicken breasts, two potatoes, a sweet onion, and some carrots and simmered that in chicken stock with some spices. When the potatoes started getting tender, I added the Cream of Sweet Corn Soup and some left over corn from dinner the other night. It was really good. I think I'll add a second can of soup next time, it was a little thin, but it had such a good flavor.

I picked up my quilt from the long arm, I haven't even unfolded it yet, but the top is beautiful. They were gushing over how pretty it was... and flat! That's always good to hear.

Time to get back to the ribbon quilt, or clean the kitchen... which sounds more appealing! ha!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
November 10th, 2018, 10:00 PM
Good evening,
Back again. I guess there were 2 threads going today. I was up early and busy doing laundry. My quilting friend dropped by. She left me a backing and batting for Victoria donation quilt. I showed her my latest projects - advent calendars for the craft sale. I also showed her the beautiful fabrics that I picked up (cheap, cheap, cheap). I also worked on finishing the last 2 calendars.

Then we went to my DD and gave GD her birthday gift. She's 3, and although she liked the quilt, she flipped over the pillowcases with her name embroidered on it. We don't buy new toys as they outgrow them quickly. I picked up a Disney princess seat with storage. I also found Princess plates, teapot and teacups, pot that talks and sings. Sometimes it's the little things they enjoy. She was disappointed as she thought I was coming to get her for a sleepover. Parents had other plans as they are going out of town tomorrow. My heart melted, as none of my GKs have ever slept over. I always thought they would, but one is really allergic to the cats. Maybe I will take the girls from both families at different times to see how it goes. They are 3, 5 and 6. My oldest grandson is 5 and allergic, and very hyper, so not an option as DH is not patient with him. But maybe later the 2 younger boys. One is 18 months the other is 3 months. These from differnt families.

Tomorrow is Remembrance Day and the weather is very typical. Cold, dreary. Good evening.