PDA

View Full Version : My Home Town Paradise Califorina

lily Whiteowl
November 9th, 2018, 12:20 AM
Hey, could those of you who pray could you please pray for the Town of Paradise California and the 27,000 residents that lost there homes, business, and everything they own.

This morning I received, a phone call from my brother, He told me to pray. because the whole town was on Fire. They had a wildfire move through fast, it is not contained and as of tonight, everything I am seeing and reading is the town is toast. The hospital is gone, they got everybody out...the high school and all the schools are gone. stores are gone. There is nothing much left of the town...This is going to be rough for us going into the holiday season when you don't even have the basics. I am fighting back the tears....

So, again please pray for those who are fighting this fire, and the law enforcement and the people who call this town home....
Thank you Debi..

KarenC
November 9th, 2018, 12:26 AM
Prayers offered. Had not heard about this.

DeniseSm
November 9th, 2018, 01:14 AM
Prayers lifted. God be with you.

JCY
November 9th, 2018, 01:31 AM
I saw this on the news tonight. So devastating! Prayers for people's safety. I understand this town is not that far from where the shooting was last night.

Anitamae56
November 9th, 2018, 01:32 AM
Praying for all.

Star lover
November 9th, 2018, 07:51 AM
Also adding my prayers.....hugs to you!

Monique
November 9th, 2018, 08:21 AM
Just awful. Offering prayers for everyone.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
November 9th, 2018, 10:38 AM
This is so sad and devastating. I have seen it on the news and weather channel. My heart goes out to everyone, and prayers for safe evacuation of the residents.

Suzette
November 9th, 2018, 10:38 AM
Devastating. Praying for all!

MissMay in Jersey
November 9th, 2018, 11:25 AM
It's difficult to imagine something of that big, sending my prayers for all the townsfolk and their families.

cv quilter
November 9th, 2018, 11:38 AM
Prayers and more prayers. I cannot imagine the devastation and the fear and uncertainty for all of those evacuated. I'm saddened beyond words.

Carlie Wolf
November 9th, 2018, 11:54 AM
My prayers are with you and your and what all those poor people are going through.

laura44
November 9th, 2018, 01:07 PM
It's so sad, I live about 1 1/2 hours away and I can see/smell the smoke.
California has so many big fires right now. Yesterday was very windy which
made conditions so much worse. Praying for the homeowners and especially
for the firefighters.

lily Whiteowl
November 9th, 2018, 01:36 PM
No there is hundreds of mile from the shooting...the shooting happened down in Southern California. I located in Northern Califorina they are hundreds of mile apart. Hours over 8 to 12 hour drive...

lily Whiteowl
November 9th, 2018, 01:47 PM
Thank you everyone. Don't know when they will be let back in..Those that evacuated may have to move again. I hope not. Brother is safe. He is on a normal drive about hour and a half away. I guess that it is good he knows how to get around all the back ups. He is in Redding with friends. Thanks for your prayers, got to keep them going for the Police, Fire fighters, medical, and the one that jump into help, give comfort and aid, to those that are hurting. Brother told me, I know that God has a plan, but I have No idea what it is......and I don't either. I am just glad, that Mom went to heaven last year, and didn't have to see or live through this. Her heart would have been broken for Paradise, was her home 48 years. She loved Paradise. Thank you all so much.

jjkaiser
November 9th, 2018, 01:53 PM
I saw this on TV. So sad for your little town. Hoping everyone got out safely and our Fed Gov will be there to help you rebuild. I just don't know how California manages the overwhelming and devastating costs that all these fires bring. It seems like a very bad year for fires.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
November 9th, 2018, 03:37 PM
Oh! it is so sad, praying for your family and for the people who have lost their homes and their businesses

Heather
November 9th, 2018, 05:09 PM
Having family affected by the Carr fire, I understand how you are feeling now. prayers for Paradise.

jesuisdiana
November 9th, 2018, 06:55 PM
I'm in Redding, 24/7 coverage on local news. Prayers for all... Newspaper said it was spreading at 80 acres a minute. Now they're saying only part of hospital burned down.

Mimi_Howard
November 9th, 2018, 08:34 PM
I cancelled my errand running today, with my COPD I am staying indoors. I live in Ventura County (coastal) and not in fire warning area. All the local schools have been cancelled for the day. Still under the red flag warnings for the hot winds. Been watching fire updates all day on the news. Winds are pushing the Woolsey Fire towards coastal malibu, they are under evacuation orders, so pacific coast highway is a mess. My niece and her family live in Thousand Oaks and evacuated, not sure if mandatory or she just didn't want to take any chances. Winds predicted to be back for a few days next week too. Heart breaking to see all the devastation of the homes.

auntiemern
November 9th, 2018, 09:33 PM
Hugs and prayers for all affected. How very sad this is.

Babs quilts
November 9th, 2018, 09:49 PM
I saw this on the news. It is an incredibly devastating fire. Prayers and well wishes for those fighting it and those affected by it.

Bubby
November 10th, 2018, 09:45 AM
I saw Paradise on the national news last night....so devastating and tragic. I'm so sorry this has happened. Jeff and I prayed for the town and those who lost everything and especially the families of those who died.

MaggieSue
November 10th, 2018, 10:23 AM
Prayers for all!!!

Cokie
November 10th, 2018, 03:45 PM
These fires are terrifying. My heart hurts for all those in the path and for those who have been impacted by them. Debi, I'm so sorry this hit so close to home for you. Saying a prayer and sending a hug to you!

bec
November 10th, 2018, 11:27 PM
Lily, I am so sorry. My daughter lives in Chico and a couple of years ago we went to Paradise. It was such a nice town. It is so heartbreaking to see the devastation and to see the pain that the residents are going through. My daughter's neighborhood did not have to evacuate, but she left Thursday night to go to her brother's in the SF bay area. She is pregnant and due in a couple of weeks and didn't want to take the risk of staying.

The victims have been in my prayers every day. Praying that they get the fires out soon.

KPH
November 10th, 2018, 11:33 PM
Lifting prayers, it's just horrible!

Midge
November 11th, 2018, 03:09 PM
Lily I am so sorry. I was reading this morning about the terrible scale of the devastation and that the town of Paradise is destroyed. I do imagine many folks will not be able to afford to rebuild and who knows when that will even be possible. It will never be the same even if they can go back. Their lives are permanently changed. Hoping for the best future opportunities for your brother.

lily Whiteowl
November 16th, 2018, 04:07 AM
Thank you all for the prayers.