PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday hellos!

Monique
November 7th, 2018, 08:47 AM
Good morning my friends.

I had a great day yesterday and unexpectedly went to an Ottawa Senators hockey game. It was military appreciation night and Greg's office had an extra 2 tickets, would we like to go? HECK YA!! So we met in Ot'
stawa and my nephew also came as well. It was a great evening all around.

And I also met up with Rachel at Bonnie's house for coffee. We had a great visit. I asked her to show me exactly what she wanted in the sewing room. Well not much that is for sure. And another surprise, Bonnie's wishes were to send me on a quilting cruise. I was so caught off guard by this one. I was overwhelmed. Although I have many friends, but, that ONE friend that I would love to go with, is gone. So I think maybe if the kids are okay with this, it would be Les and I and not a quilting one at that. We shall see what happens with this, there is lots of time to think about it.

So the rest of the week is work time. This weekend marks our Remembrance Day services across the country so that is why both sons are coming. Two services are on the agenda, one Saturday and the other on Sunday.

Oh and when we got home late last night, I had a critter (still alive) in my trap. Well it didn't survive the water bath. Yea, none this morning.

So have a great day everyone.

Star lover
November 7th, 2018, 09:12 AM
Good morning Monique and all.....

Such a sweet wish on Bonnie's part......I'd be overwhelmed too. I'm sure what ever you decide would be just fine with her.

Oh my, I sure hope there's no more of those pesky critters! I used to kill so many where I used to work......so thankful we haven't had any in our home.....but I've seen lots outside.....in broad daylight. I've had them run right up to me, raise up on their hind legs....as if to beg food! Yuk!

How nice to spend some time with your sons......

I think we're suppose to have a lull in the rain.....at least that's what the "experts" are saying. All the rain has knocked almost all the leaves off one tree and all off the one that needs to be chopped down. It doesn't look like we have a lawn or concrete.....anywhere! Solid carpet of leaves.

Managed to finish a quilt top over the weekend. Need to get a pick if/when we get some sun.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Hugs all around.

KPH
November 7th, 2018, 09:20 AM
Good Morning Monique and all that follow.

It's home school morning with J, and mass casualty drill for his mom (the joys of being an ER nurse).

Watching election results, and thankful that the put down ads will be ending. I saw a meme on FB that suggested that if you're running for office, you couldn't say anything negative about your opponent- just what you're going to do for your constituents. Wouldn't that make for a wonderful election process! Tell me what you believe and how you're going to work for it. That's what I want to know.

Back to near record highs today, again. It's cooler than summer, but still too hot to work in the garage in the afternoons.

I put out the bird feeders yesterday. The cardinals have returned, and are enjoying the feast. I wonder how long it will be before the squirrels figure it out.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Ginny B
November 7th, 2018, 09:31 AM
Good morning. Monique, sounds like you had a nice day yesterday and what a sweet wish on Bonnie's part for you. Rather bittersweet I imagine for you though.

I have hardly any voice today. My throat actually hurts less than it did the last couple days but I sound worse. The good news is that I don't need a voice to work in my sewing room. :icon_bigsmile:

Time for more hot tea and maybe some scrambled eggs for breakfast. Have a great day everyone

SuzanneOrleansOntario
November 7th, 2018, 10:06 AM
Good morning ladies,

Monique, what a beautiful wish. I know she will be watching over you and enjoying the cruise. Yeach! Have you tried setting traps around the house. We had found one possible area where they came in, and plugged it up, but also set trap around. It got the message out to other mice, seeing the carcasses.

Katrina, I also watched the US elections for awhile, and it did seem many states, including Florida and Texas were down to the wire. I shut it off not knowing the results, but I'm certain there will be lots of coverage over the next while. We also have cardinals and blue jays at our feeders. The black & gray squirrels, chipmunks are also frequent nibblers. Yesterday, we saw a red squirrel. I haven't seen any in a long time. If they move in the hood, there will be squirrel wars.

Ginny, I hope you feel better. Glad you made it to the polls. It is impressive to see record number of voters.

Yesterday was quiet. I made 2 batches of ginger orange cookies. That's 102 cookies. Half cooked, half frozen uncooked for easy baking later. I also finished 3 advent cslendars. Only 5 more to go. These should go faster (she said). I also called two friends who live out of town. We caught up on life, and one had a birthday recently. This helped me get out of my funk mood. I think I need more contact and get together with friends.

Today I have an appointment with mom's doctor for annual review of meds, health assessment and review of her care. Also there is the fall garage sale at her residence, which usually has good deals. Then I plan to sew, nothing else.

Enjoy your day. Be safe. Stay warm and dry.

pcbatiks
November 7th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Monique, was a sweet surprise from Bonnie. I can see why you were overwhelmed.

Plenty of rain around here. The ground is soaked and we may not be able to finish mowing for weeks.

We dog sat for my parents yesterday while they worked the voting polls. Their golden retriever spent the day with us. Our pup & theirs get along great even with the size difference.

Hoping to do some sewing today.

baslp
November 7th, 2018, 01:12 PM
Good morning. It was a rather stressful day with the pug at the vet hospital. Her eye did get worse. We had to decide wether to operate today or just cont with the drops. Plus we found out that she has e choli pneumonia. We opted to do the surgery. They started to treat the pneumonia last night. These mushed in dogs can get so many prob. I am staying home close to the phone. I plan on sewing to distract myself.

The rain is gone and the sun is out!! 66 degrees today.
Monique — what a thoughtful gift from Bonnie.

Have a good day ... Beth

Star lover
November 7th, 2018, 01:49 PM
Beth, Hope and pray your sweet pug will be fine. Hugs!

baslp
November 7th, 2018, 02:29 PM
Thank you Anita. She is a trooper.

201 Treadler
November 7th, 2018, 02:29 PM
Hello and good evening to all:icon_wave:
its been a wet day today outside, but it is very colourful with the orange leaves on the green grass, dark grey clouds over lighter stone walls, even the woolly sheep are contrasting against the grass, its certainly a season of opposites and contrasts.

There was a Guy Fawkes firework display about 5 miles away, at the weekend, we could hear the music here, dare not go for fear of ear drums bursting, but could see clearly, many fireworks exploding into lilac & gold, red, green, blue. The cloud cover changed colour too with each rocket. it was a lovely display, supported by a nice cuppa chocolate & cookies :D
sending get well wishes, virtual hugs, and happy sewing wishes to all..:D

JCY
November 7th, 2018, 07:45 PM
Good Afternoon ~ I'm very late today. Had not time this a.m. Today was Bible Study Fellowship, & my week to play. I also had to do DH's medical procedure before I could leave this a.m. So... BSF all morning, then a quick lunch at Wendy's, a stop at the bank, & then out to Walmart for 2 Rx's & a few items. I was home by 1 p.m.

I'm not happy with the election results. Colorado voted in the first Jewish & openly gay man for governor (5 yr. term) in US history. I didn't even know he was gay till they announced it on the radio at 5 a.m. when my alarm went off. He pledges a leftward shift for the state, which long has had a sort of middle-ground status. I understand he has a longtime partner; they have 2 children. Rep. Mike Coffman (R) was defeated. Several of the state propositions failed, which is good, but our city passed 3 ballots measures for bond issues that will increase our taxes. Not sure how much yet.

In other Colorado news, Christopher Watts (33), the man from Frederick who killed his pregnant wife & 3 little girls (ages 3 & 4), plead guilty to first degree murder charges to avoid the death penalty. He will spend the rest of his life in prison. If one is having an affair with someone at work, why do you have to kill the wife & kids? Just get a divorce, for Pete's sake. Such a sad case. So senseless. This case made the national news last night.

Well, in a little >24 hrs. my son will be here. He's been visiting his dau. & gr. kids & flies out of Dallas tomorrow ~6 p.m. By the time he arrives in Denver, gets his rental car, & drives here, it will be 8:30 or later when he gets to the house. I wish he didn't have to drive it in the dark. He plans to stay till Sun. a.m. then drive to Greeley to meet his new on-line lady friend. It will be interesting to see what develops there, if anything. He flies back to Seattle Tues. eve.

I have the guest bed almost unloaded. Yest. eve. I sorted quilt patterns, etc. & got them organized into a 3-ring binder. I still have some furniture dusting to do & a final run of the vacuum. Some things I had on my to-do list just are not going to get done. I'm running out of time. I need to bake DH's spelt bread in the a.m.

Well, I'm off to see what I can get accomplished yet today. I probably won't have time to chat tomorrow.

chelea
November 8th, 2018, 02:53 AM
Hope you have a lovely visit with your son Joy. Remember, he's coming to see you and probably doesn't care about the dust bunnies!