PDA

View Full Version : Get out and VOTE today!

chelea
November 6th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Voting is your civic duty! As citizens of the United States, we all have specific rights and responsibilities:

Rights

Freedom to express yourself.

Freedom to worship as you wish.

Right to a prompt, fair trial by jury.

Right to vote in elections for public officials.

Right to apply for federal employment requiring U.S. citizenship.

Right to run for elected office.

Freedom to pursue “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”

Responsibilities:

Support and defend the Constitution.

Stay informed of the issues affecting your community.

Participate in the democratic process.

Respect and obey federal, state, and local laws.

Respect the rights, beliefs, and opinions of others.

Participate in your local community.

Pay income and other taxes honestly, and on time, to federal, state, and local authorities.

Serve on a jury when called upon.

Defend the country if the need should arise.

So I hope everyone exercises their right to vote today! :icon_wave:

KPH
November 6th, 2018, 02:12 PM
I requested my mail in ballot on the first day available since I don't drive anymore. Proud to have my first voting in FL tucked neatly under my belt. (It certainly is different from NC!)

MaggieSue
November 6th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Went to the poll this morning as soon as it opened. Long lines here like a presidential election but moved very swiftly. Great reminder Michele.

Carlie Wolf
November 6th, 2018, 02:33 PM
This is the first year I've voted by mail!

Grey Lady
November 6th, 2018, 03:18 PM
this is my first vote since moving to Colorado. They vote by mail here. Dropped off my ballot last week. I did miss the excitement of seeing everyone at the polling station. Vote America.

MRoy
November 6th, 2018, 03:27 PM
DH and I were at the polls before 7 am this morning.

Bubby
November 6th, 2018, 03:49 PM
We are going after Jeff gets home from work.

Grama Debbie
November 6th, 2018, 03:53 PM
Voted absentee. It went in the mail last week.

TMP
November 6th, 2018, 03:58 PM
Our power went off at 5:30 this morning and I waited and waited for it to come back on. I had to have coffee and thought it would be a good time to go vote. It was about 8:30 and there was already a long line. I think there will be a good turnout all over for this midterm election.

jjkaiser
November 6th, 2018, 05:24 PM
No lines but heavy turnout in SE Wisconsin. I was 917 at 1:30. Our governor is up for re-election in a hotly contested neck and neck race though.

Carolyn
November 6th, 2018, 05:29 PM
Pouring rain this morning, delayed things for a couple of hours but we made it there by 9. Grandson voted by absentee ballot since he is in college.

Tracie T
November 6th, 2018, 07:45 PM
Voted 7:30 this morning, hubby after work. I left early and took mom to vote since she doesn't drive. She votes at a different place then I do. Lots of people but went quick.

Patty J
November 6th, 2018, 08:38 PM
We went early in Wisconsin, 7am polls opened and we were in line at 7:15am. Couldn't believe how long the line was at the beginning of the day. Cold and rainy today. Soup for supper, home made Chicken Noodle. Delicious. My sister called me from Florida and said she voted early last week. Said she heard the lines were long. At least people are taking part in the democratic process. Thanks to all the veterans and active service personnel for protecting this right for all of us.

grammaterry
November 6th, 2018, 10:27 PM
I voted at noon. I was number 56. I asked if they had been busy and the lady said "swamped" . I knw you city dwellers will get a hoot out of that! We never have a line., but everybody votes

Ginny B
November 6th, 2018, 11:03 PM
Battling a cold and had Henry all day and it was a real rainy day. DH and I planned on going to vote after he got home from work and Henry was picked up. Hubby heard how I was sounding (hardly any voice) and said I should just stay home, I said nope, just drive, we will go in and vote. I didn't even check what # I was. There were short lines and they moved quickly. Sick or not, I was voting.

oldmanquilts
November 7th, 2018, 01:49 AM
And... if you didn't vote, don't complain about the outcome.

jjkaiser
November 7th, 2018, 04:26 AM
What a cliff hanger. 1:15 a.m. and I still don't know who our gov will be. 99% of the vote is in. I just want to go to bed! But.. I stayed up this long, how much longer can it be? Politico.com did an excellent job keeping up with the vote totals as they came in.

Patty J
November 7th, 2018, 12:40 PM
jj, I went to bed and woke up to sad news, I can just pray that things won't be as bad as I imagine. I loved "our" governor.

K. McEuen
November 7th, 2018, 01:26 PM
And before a "go vote" post gets more political commentary on results, it is closed.