PDA

View Full Version : Happy Tuesday!!

Monique
November 6th, 2018, 09:12 AM
Good morning everyone. It is to be a warmer day today BUT rain all day. UGH! Well it is better than snow. Sitting here at the computer this morning and I caught a mouse. All the traps have fresh bait (peanut butter) and have all be reset.

Yesterday I did not get out of my pj's, stayed in them all day. I straightened out the sewing room to make room for Phil. I have my projects picked out to take to retreat, I think. The spare room is ready to go but I did break an old lamp shade (I didn't tell Les, shame on me).

So today will be more of the same I guess.

Have a great day everyone.

KarenC
November 6th, 2018, 09:37 AM
Good morning peeps. I had a meeting downtown yesterday, so not much sewing. It looked like rain when I got home, so I took the time to spread the fall fertilizer. No rain, so still had to use the sprinkler. Had a bit left over, so I gave it to the neighbor, as I didn't want to store it just to eventually toss it.

Managed to stitch 2 more squares with the Moda cake mix pages. Has anyone else used those? I'm finding it rather boring, although the HSTs are at least all the same size. I think I will eventually abandon this project to work on something else.

Time to get moving. Going to a movie with my BFF and then I start work this afternoon. We get access to the convention center at 4 to start setting up the booth for Houston Quilt Festival. I'll be there everyday through Sunday. Maybe this will inspire me to get back in the sewing room. Hope everyone has a great day.

JCY
November 6th, 2018, 10:01 AM
Good Morning, All ~ A chilly 32 deg. here this a.m. I'm sure when it gets light I'll see heavy frost. Our temps. are expected to be much cooler the rest of the week. Yest. the high temp. was 62 & sunny, but the wind had a bite. It's been snowing in the mts. Great news for skiers. Travel conditions were poor on I-70 in the mts. I think the fwy. was shut down for a while. It's gets pretty dicey up there when it's snowing, especially in the Vail Pass area.

Yest. I did 3 loads of laundry, mixed up my turkey patties, & did more furniture dusting. Plenty yet to do before Thurs. I also got appts. on the calendar for my PT eval. & the first few treatments, which will start after my son's visit.

We caught a mouse in the garage this week. When I was leaving for church Sun. a.m., I noticed one of the glue boards close to the garage door had moved. Sure enough, there was a tail sticking out. DH disposed of it & set out a new glue board. Gotta love those glue boards.

Have a good Tues.

Cathy F
November 6th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Morning all,
Just a few minutes to jump in and say hello, then it's off to vote.

Spent time in the sewing room yesterday prepping things to take on my retreat Thursday. I think I made more of amess in there than anything. Seems I get excited to go on a retreat but them I start getting everything together that I have to take and the pile gets overwhelming and makes me wonder why I just don't stay home and sew.

Tonight I'm taking my husband out for his birthday dinner. He wanted to wait for our favorite restaurants surf and turf night instead if actually going out on his birthday. Another night I don't have to cook!

Well. I better get a move on and get out. Not sure of the weather yet hopefully we'll see some sun today.

grammaterry
November 6th, 2018, 10:31 AM
Sunday I decided that I would download the free embroider software that Husqvarna offered and went to the website and found it and then hit the download button....Said it would take 8 hours...yes you heard me right...eight. So, I called DD and told her and while I was on the phone she began her download. (btw, she had tried to find this software last year and couldn't find it online when I asked her about it) In 20 minutes, hers was downloaded and done. Mine had 7 1/2 hours to go. Long story short, it actually took eleven hours but said it was loaded successfully. But...I couldn't open it. DD couldn't open hers either. So, yesterday, I called customer support and a wonderful woman named Kathy came on and walked me thru the process. (there was a desk top icon that all I had to do was click and I was in...then to learn how the program worked. She was so patient with me and 10 min. later, I'm downloading designs on to my USB stick. You ask why it took so long for me and not my DD? Internet speed. I am so blessed to live rurally and never in my wildest dreams did I ever expect to have television, let alone wi fi , internet, and other tech wonders. But then again, I didn't even know those things would exist in my future. So, maybe someday, we will get a higher speed .
I worked in the sewing room for a short time yesterday and pieced somemore on the double wedding ring. Its coming along. Amazing how I've slowed down and relaxed about getting projects done. Its been one year since retirement and I think I have finally come to realize that its here to stay.
Snow is in our future this coming weekend. I hope its just a skiff and short lived. I'd love the weather to hold out for another month. Truth be told, I'd love it to hold out for another three months. lol

Bubby
November 6th, 2018, 10:44 AM
Good morning everyone...Our rain has stopped and it's supposed to be sunny today so maybe some of the mud in our yard will begin to dry up. Our poor pups are such a mess. Dottie can't deal with dirty paws so each time she comes in I have to stand her in warm water and wash her feet with baby shampoo. The little Girls love playing in the mud, so they get their feet washed a lot and I take a wet washcloth and wipe their coats down. This is almost a full time job for me.

Election Day...I will wait and go with Jeff when he gets home from work. I hope we have a good turnout.

Terry, glad to hear you are making progress with your embroidery. It's great that you had such good support. I look for most of my answers on YouTube.

Cathy, have a great meal out with Barry and wish him Happy Birthday from us. We would love to celebrate with you.

I have to get moving before the pups wake up hungry.

Stay safe everyone....Hugs.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
November 6th, 2018, 11:18 AM
Good morning,

It's going to be a dreary & rainy day, so it's indoor stuff for me. As far as I can tell, I don't have to go out.

Yesterday was my Victoria quilt group. There were 14 of us, the ladies tied two quilts, and 6 tops were almost finished by the sewers, and were brought home to finish. The show and tell was nice, showed the 3 quilts that my friend & I did on the grace frame. I think we have the knowledge to go forth and finish more tops. I dropped off the quilts and bags off to the area coordinator. I dropped off mom's laundry, clothes at my DD and GD birthday gift. I put the gift in their library. I could not believe the number of gifts /toys GD had received. Even one of those tall doll houses. Sometimes, I really believe my ex is sabotaging and excessively spoiling the GKs. I always feel alienated when I find out what he is doing. It's a sensitive issue for me, and I work very hard at letting it roll off my back.

Yikes to everyone who are catching mice. They are cute in picture books, but not in our homes.

Cathy - I also wonder why I go to retreats, when I have all I need at home to accomplish things. I guess it's for the camaraderie and maybe 'forced time' to quilt. Enjoy the birthday dinner for your DH.

Terry - glad that you got your program loaded and you'll be having fun creating beautiful items. Recently I have been thinking it would be nice to live in the country. Then I remember I am a city girl. Love to have access to modern conveniences, stores, Internet and close to health services good hospitals. Also realize DH & I would have more maintenance than we want. So I guess this idea is nixed for now.

Almost forgot. Good news. My GF who travelled to Florida and lost their cat when they were in an accident in Virginia, called yesterday morning. The cat has been found, and they were contacted because the cat was chipped. A girl at the SPCA will house the cat at her home until another relative travelling to Florida, picks it up in December. She is so happy. My friend had 3 cracked ribs and hurt her back, but the warm weather is helping her heal.

Enjoy your day. Best wishes for US friends casting their votes today. Stay warm and be safe.

baslp
November 6th, 2018, 01:12 PM
Good morning. Just got back from voting. I decided to go mid morning to avoid the crowds. It is raining here today. We may see the sun later in the week. Definitely not a good hair day. I m plugging away at my Xmas quilt.
I am, taking the pug back to the vet to have her eye checked out . I am not sure if it is worse.

Stay dry and carry on.
Beth

KPH
November 6th, 2018, 02:08 PM
Well, it's afternoon and this grandma is pooped. My brain isn't liking this time change. First two nights, I couldn't get to sleep. Then this morning I woke up at 4. Thank goodness the two little ones were mesmerized with Muppet Babies, because I couldn't keep my eyes opened!

I've three of the quadrants on the last star to sew, managed to get a little writing done in the O dark 30s of this morning and called to find out the status of the replacement windows. It's been two months, I'm ready to move on to another project... like deep cleaning the house, but I'm not going to do it before the windows get here!

Prayers for those in need, and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

grammaterry
November 6th, 2018, 07:58 PM
I don't think you can pick up and move to the country after you get to a certain age. It takes a lot of patience and getting used to and I think when we are young we are able to adjust to things. Country living is a little difficult if you aren't prepared.
Good morning,

It's going to be a dreary & rainy day, so it's indoor stuff for me. As far as I can tell, I don't have to go out.

Yesterday was my Victoria quilt group. There were 14 of us, the ladies tied two quilts, and 6 tops were almost finished by the sewers, and were brought home to finish. The show and tell was nice, showed the 3 quilts that my friend & I did on the grace frame. I think we have the knowledge to go forth and finish more tops. I dropped off the quilts and bags off to the area coordinator. I dropped off mom's laundry, clothes at my DD and GD birthday gift. I put the gift in their library. I could not believe the number of gifts /toys GD had received. Even one of those tall doll houses. Sometimes, I really believe my ex is sabotaging and excessively spoiling the GKs. I always feel alienated when I find out what he is doing. It's a sensitive issue for me, and I work very hard at letting it roll off my back.

Yikes to everyone who are catching mice. They are cute in picture books, but not in our homes.

Cathy - I also wonder why I go to retreats, when I have all I need at home to accomplish things. I guess it's for the camaraderie and maybe 'forced time' to quilt. Enjoy the birthday dinner for your DH.

Terry - glad that you got your program loaded and you'll be having fun creating beautiful items. Recently I have been thinking it would be nice to live in the country. Then I remember I am a city girl. Love to have access to modern conveniences, stores, Internet and close to health services good hospitals. Also realize DH & I would have more maintenance than we want. So I guess this idea is nixed for now.

Almost forgot. Good news. My GF who travelled to Florida and lost their cat when they were in an accident in Virginia, called yesterday morning. The cat has been found, and they were contacted because the cat was chipped. A girl at the SPCA will house the cat at her home until another relative travelling to Florida, picks it up in December. She is so happy. My friend had 3 cracked ribs and hurt her back, but the warm weather is helping her heal.

Enjoy your day. Best wishes for US friends casting their votes today. Stay warm and be safe.