PDA

View Full Version : It's a new Monday

Monique
November 5th, 2018, 08:27 AM
Good morning friends.

155844 Bonnie would have gotten a good laugh at this.

Saturday was a quiet day. Les went to an auction sale but I stayed behind. I wasn't feeling well with this cold. I cut fabric into workable pieces from the scrap laundry basket. I continued to do this yesterday as well. The basket is empty for the time being.

I met with Rachel and Eli for lunch yesterday. They brought me Bonnie's quilt that I will finish for them. They also brought a blouse that they thought might fit me. Turns out it was the blouse that I bought for Bonnie in the spring when she left the hospital. How ironic, huh!! I was doing pretty well trying not to cry but Eli kept saying I was more family to them than their own family and that made me cry. They said such nice things to me that made me feel good too. It looks like I have inherited Bonnie's sewing machine and all her fabric. I don't have time this week but next week some time I may get over there and sort through. They will be giving me a key to the house and I already have a mail key. I will watch over the house in their absence. They are planning to have their Christmas there this year. I miss my friend. :(

Here is a picture that the kids found. This was to be the last Relay for Life in our area back in 2017.

So I have a busy week ahead. I need to decide what I am taking to retreat and get it all packed up. Phil will be sleeping in the sewing room for I have to make room for him. Both boys are coming this weekend to partake of the Remembrance Day services. Happy Momma, having them all together. I am working Wednesday to Friday, Friday being the place I can quilt. Speaking of work, last Friday had to be the most boringest (I know not a word) day EVER!! No mail came in Thursday or Friday and it made for a very long day. I wish I had known I would have brought my tablet. Oh well, I survived.

So have a great day my friends. My work will start after Les leaves for work.

KPH
November 5th, 2018, 08:49 AM
Good Morning Monique and those who follow.

It was a dreary day yesterday, we went to Target and I picked up a few things, but they didn't have everything on the list. I was going to take Mike to lunch at Cracker Barrel, but the parking lot was packed, so I could just imagine what inside was like. It surprised me, since it was almost 2:30. We ended up at Zaxby's for a late lunch.

I made one more of those little blocks. I used scraps for the first two. I'm going to have to change blue fabrics for the next two, since I used up all of that fabric. I have some strips left from Dr. Wesley's quilt, so I'll be cutting a couple of those down to make them. It won't get done this morning. The little kids will be here in a half hour.

I need to caffeinate myself before they arrive.

Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Bubby
November 5th, 2018, 08:53 AM
Good Morning Everyone...Everyone here is up, watered, fed and walked. The pups are napping, Jeff is on the porch drinking his pot of coffee and Dottie and I are in the sewing room spending some time together. It's too cold for me to sit outdoors this morning.

I need to find a foot doctor in our insurance network and make an appointment for this week if possible.

Tomorrow is voting day. We have a lot of local things to vote on this time.

I hope today is good for everyone...hugs....

Star lover
November 5th, 2018, 09:18 AM
Good mornin all!

Oh Monique, you are a treasure! Hopefully time will fly when you have your sons home! Hope your cold goes away for you. Your toon made me smile!
Katrina, I haven't eaten at Zaxby's in years. There was one close by our sons college in NC.
Barb, wow, you sure accomplished lots soooo early. Hope you find the perfect foot doc!

It's cold and rainy. Leaves are falling so fast, it looks like giant snowflakes! My hope of having the tree down, before they all fell, is fading fast. Have no clue when I'll be able to get to all those leaves with all this rain. Ah well, ......sewing time!

Hope everyone has a blessed day! It's sunshine somewhere! Guess it's in my sewing room today....love and hugs to all.

Ginny B
November 5th, 2018, 09:33 AM
Good morning all. I woke up with a bit of a sort throat this morning. Ugh. But that won't keep me from getting the laundry done and spending some time in my sewing room. I don't need to talk to do either of those two things. I've got everything prepped for the beef stew so I will go pop everything into the crock pot shortly and dinner will be taken care of.

We had a pretty relaxing afternoon and evening yesterday. We got dinner for yesterday and today prepped by 11:30 or so yesterday, then hubby went for what groceries we needed. After he got home and we got everything put away, we just relaxed in the living room, watched some tv, discussed Christmas gifts and had an early dinner. We had everything all cleaned up and were in our pj's by 6:30! LOL Getting used to the darkness setting in earlier will take a few days I guess. DH thought it was almost bedtime and it was only 7:45!

Monique, with all you have been through these last couple weeks, I am glad you have your boys' visit to bring a smile to your face. Barb, I'm with you. It's a bit to chilly in the mornings now for me to enjoy my tea outdoors.

Well, laundry load #1 is needing to be switched to the dryer and the next load put into the washer so off I go. I think it's time for another soothing cup of tea too. Have a good day everyone. Prayers and hugs going out to those that need them.

JCY
November 5th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ I already have the first load of laundry going. This a.m. I'll mix up my turkey patties. One other job I need to do before Thurs. is bake DH's spelt bread. The natural groc. has been out of the white spelt flour my last 2 times there. I have enough for now, but I'm running low. I may need to explore another source of the flour.

Yest. eve. I did some sorting in the guest BR. I'm working at getting the bed unloaded. I started organizing all the misc. M* quilt tutorial print-outs & my notes into a 3-ring binder. If push comes to shove, I can just stack the papers & sort later. I have just 3 days now before DS comes on Thurs. Well, I'll have most of Thurs. as well, since his plane doesn't get in till eve. He's renting a car & driving up from the airport.

Yest. more robins must have been migrating south. There were as many as 6 at the bird water dish at one time & more in the trees. The little birds didn't have much of a chance to get a drink with all the robins hogging the water.

Bonnie ~ How nice to inherit Bonnie's fabric & mach. I'm sure it's bittersweet. Well, I need to get on with my day.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
November 5th, 2018, 10:54 AM
Good morning everyone,

Monique - I can't say it enough. You were a great friend, and Bonnie's kids know you were there when they could not. It may bring back good memories to go through her stash as I am sure you were together often when she accumulated this.

Yesterday was such a beautiful sunny day, I just had to get out. DH had volunteered to help take gliders apart for winter storage, so I had the day to myself. I spent an hour cleaning under the fridge and pulled the stove. Elaine is good at cleaning but she doesn't do heavy lifting or pulling. There were a lot of dust bunnies under the fridge, which may have been the cause of the noise from the fridge. I usually clean it regularly, but haven't in awhile.

Then I went to a craft show. There were some local authors of children's book. One had a few French ones in the correct age group, so I bought for each family. They were beautifully illustrated. Then headed to the mall as one of the stores had a good sale. I found some shoes for my mom, so I will need to get her to try them on when I bring her laundry. I also found a nice top, and a few cheese and pate knives with reindeer head. I like unique utensils for olives also. I guess this is a new collection for me. Then I headed to McD and this was probably a mistake. I was craving a milkshake and burger. When I got home, I was tired and nauseous so I layed down and slept about 3 hours.

I should have been working on the advent calendars yesterday, but am seriously lacking motivation. I need to pack up for this afternoon sewing at Victoria quilts. I will bring my Ribbon Stars top to show ladies. There are a few fans of M* and we bring our tops/quilts to show.

Enjoy your day. Be safe as I see Mother Nature is causing havoc again.

MissMay in Jersey
November 5th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Had such a good time Saturday with my sisters visiting that I was completed wiped out and slept all day Sunday. Sister Carol and I discussed our latest and future quilts and sister Pat got us up to date with family news, all while we enjoyed a nice lunch. Must get Pat's recipe for chickpea stuffed peppers, they were so tasty and a nice change from meat stuffed peppers.

Have a head cold too which isn't any help getting me started today. A Benadryl and a fresh cup of coffee should help with that.

pcbatiks
November 5th, 2018, 11:23 AM
Had such a good time Saturday with my sisters visiting that I was completed wiped out and slept all day Sunday. Sister Carol and I discussed our latest and future quilts and sister Pat got us up to date with family news, all while we enjoyed a nice lunch. Must get Pat's recipe for chickpea stuffed peppers, they were so tasty and a nice change from meat stuffed peppers.

Have a head cold too which isn't any help getting me started today. A Benadryl and a fresh cup of coffee should help with that.

May, coffee and Benadryl.....those two will have opposite effects. :D Hope you feel better soon.

Simply Quilting
November 5th, 2018, 12:29 PM
Good Morning! On Friday, little one received the great news that he no longer has to wear glasses.

The weekend was rainy and cold. I did finish my Crafty Gemini Every Day Tote that I will be using as my purse. I added a couple of things- divider, inside pocket, swivel hook, pockets for cell phone and pens. It works perfect for me to be able to carry my Quilter's Planner. Then I cleaned up my sewing area. My next project needs to be gifts for the teachers the children have at church. I know what I want to do, it is just getting motivated to get it done. I had thought that I could just use mini panels to do the project but they are too small so each one will have to have a border added.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone :)

KarenC
November 5th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Good morning everyone. Yesterday was a non-eventful day. Went to church and later for a 2 mile walk. We only had 2 of us walking Saturday and we couldn't determine the right trail in the dark, so I returned yesterday afternoon to see where we messed up. It was easy to figure out in the daylight. Sent my buddy a text explaining where we needed to turn since I will be out the next two weeks. It's always a challenge when they change the starting points of our routes. Oh well, now that I figured it out, it'll change, hopefully not. I think my sewing consisted of sewing two sets of blocks together with the Moda cakebook mixes. Not very much.

Need to get going for today, so hope everyone has a great day.

baslp
November 5th, 2018, 03:12 PM
Good afternoon. Yesterday I dropped off my sister ‘s quilt to be quilted. It should be done by x-mas. I am off to the ENT’s office. I have to make a stop at the Vet hospital. We need more of the horse serum for the pug’ eye. We used too much at first. Hopefull6 all these drops are getting absorbed into her eye.

Have a good rest of the day
Beth

chelea
November 5th, 2018, 04:17 PM
It's a cold, gray, damp day here. Yard work would be unpleasant so I'm doing housework instead. I did get the peony plants chopped down so any other clean up is optional. Hubs spent the day yesterday running over the leaves with the lawn mower and made multiple trips to the recycling center's compost heap. That's the division of labor...he does the lawn and veggie garden and I do the flower beds.
I've been sewing in spurts lately because I'm pooped. Reason why:

One of our kids rescued this little guy and they needed help with puppy sitting last week. It's been about 15 years since we've had a puppy. It's not for the faint of heart. He's adorable though and lots of fun and tomorrow I get to do it all over again.

Caroline T.
November 5th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Chelea, I can certainly see why you are pooped. Those little poopers will do it to you. I've been dog sitting for my boss for a week now (only three more days to go) and I'm ready for a vacation. Haven't been able to get into the sewing room at all this past week as I don't dare leave these two alone for more than 5 minutes and forget trying to get anything accomplished while they are in the same room! The older dog is 10 and has a recent injury to her leg, hence the cone of shame, but is healing quite nicely and it hasn't slowed her down one bit. The puppy is only 3 1/2 months old, adorable but energetic. Fortunately, since these are the bosses dogs, I get to bring them to work with me everyday and don't have to leave them at home.

Yes the pup is getting ready for naptime on his favorite quilt that I gave him on his first day at the office. One of my first that I made for my (now deceased) dog, and has seen much use. One of my clients saw the pup sleeping on a quilt and about had a near fit at the thought of a puppy on a handmade quilt :)

pcbatiks
November 5th, 2018, 05:31 PM
It's a cold, gray, damp day here. Yard work would be unpleasant so I'm doing housework instead. I did get the peony plants chopped down so any other clean up is optional. Hubs spent the day yesterday running over the leaves with the lawn mower and made multiple trips to the recycling center's compost heap. That's the division of labor...he does the lawn and veggie garden and I do the flower beds.
I've been sewing in spurts lately because I'm pooped. Reason why:

One of our kids rescued this little guy and they needed help with puppy sitting last week. It's been about 15 years since we've had a puppy. It's not for the faint of heart. He's adorable though and lots of fun and tomorrow I get to do it all over again.

OMG!!!!! What a precious little face!! He is adorable!

MissMay in Jersey
November 5th, 2018, 10:31 PM
May, coffee and Benadryl.....those two will have opposite effects. :D Hope you feel better soon.

It was wishful thinking as I did skip the coffee.