PDA

View Full Version : Monday hellos

Monique
October 29th, 2018, 07:21 AM
Good morning friends. Not much to report. I stayed home yesterday because it snowed on and off all day. We don't have much but I didn't want to take a chance. So I stayed and sewed. The runners are done and need to have the threads buried. Then to figure out a few more projects for the swap and then I am done.

Today I will go visit Bonnie as well. I am hoping that she is awake and can visit for a bit. We shall see.

WOOHOO The Boston Red Sox are World Series Winners!! Sorry Dodgers fans.

Star lover
October 29th, 2018, 07:43 AM
Morning Monique and everyone!!

Not a bad day, when you can snuggle in and sew......even if it was because of that ole white stuff!
Hope Bonnie is feeling better, when you see her today. Still praying for her....and you.....hugs to you both!
Since I don't follow baseball, it doesn't matter to me who won.....but hasn't the red socks won lots?

Well I mentioned to the roof guy, the place DH didn't like. He didn't know what was going on but had his supervisor come out and he fixed it. DH is soooo happy.....which makes me happy. Now if it'll only get into the 60's which will help the roof lay flatter......DH would be over the moon happy! But looking into long range forecast, doesn't look like it. I'm just happy we have no white stuff. I want that old tree to come down! Before the stuff arrives.

Hoping to get into my sewing room later, time will tell.....

Looking forward to the grands all dressed up Wednesday......from their descriptions.......they're going to be sooooo cute.
One bunch are going as Aladdin characters....one Jasmine, one monkey and a tiger......mmmmm.....been awhile since I've seen the movie.
The other bunch are going to be a baseball player, Daniel Boone (he made his own ax) - I know Boone wasn't known for an ax, but the DGS, wanted to combine the two, little red riding hood and a wolf.

Hope everyone is well, enjoy your day. Love and hugs to all.

Bubby
October 29th, 2018, 07:59 AM
Good Monday Everyone...Jeff goes back to work today. He really helped me out a lot with the Girls while he was off. We had a good week together. He's probably looking forward to going back to work to get away from us.

155749 Dottie's nose is on the extreme left of the picture. She's never far away when it comes to the little girls. Sugar is on the left, Maggs on the right. Maggs is full grown size...Sugar is petite. All eyes are on the ball.

I need to try to get a doctor's appointment today. My doctor isn't working right now because his office is relocating.

Monique, I hope you get to see Bonnie and have a good visit. Hugs to you, DF.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

JCY
October 29th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ So...we start another week. I think I won't see much of my sewing room for a while, since I need to get crackin' on the house cleaning in prep. for DS's visit next week. It's all stuff that needs to be done; I've just been ignoring it. This a.m. is my annual mammogram, & I need to stop at 2 groc. stores. Our Sprouts Mkt. carries lots of bulk items; that's where I buy raw peanuts & other nuts. Their produce is good, too. I also need to get chicken; it's time for soup...again. That will on tomorrow's agenda.

Yest. it got up to 84 deg.! Beautiful day. It's supposed to be just as warm or warmer today, then the big change comes on Tues. & Wed. I'm hoping it won't be snowing on Wed. when I have to drive to Boulder for my neuro. appt. about my neck & L. hand numbness. I spent >an hr. yest. p.m. filling out the new patient paper work I need to take with me.

Barb ~ Cute pic of the pups & Jeff. They look like they'd be full of energy & keep you busy.

Have a good Monday.

KarenC
October 29th, 2018, 09:16 AM
Good morning everyone. Praying for Bonnie and Monique. Yesterday I finished the quilting on my charity quilt. Today will be early voting in the morning and sewing the binding. Not sure what comes later in the day.

Ginny B
October 29th, 2018, 10:03 AM
Good morning and Happy Monday all. We had a nice weekend despite the nasty weather on Saturday when we had to drive into Brooklyn for great-nephew's Christening. Had a good time with family. Then yesterday we worked outside for a bit cleaning out the veggie beds, putting away the chairs, umbrella, etc. It felt good to get out and do some work out there. It has been a while since we have spent time in our gardens.

Not sure just what the week will bring. Nothing big on the agenda so I will just take each day as it comes. There will be lots of time spent in the sewing room that's for sure. :icon_bigsmile:

Have a good day everyone. Bonnie is in my thoughts and prayers

SuzanneOrleansOntario
October 29th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Good morning,
It's a dull day outside today, but it will be sunny in my sewing room. I plan to start sewing the advent calendars. DH's oldest son is dropping off the girls after dinner, while he runs errands in our area.

Yesterday I made 4 large toss cushions with zippers for my GF. They turned out great but forgot to take picture. I still need to make the pillow shams so I asked her to drop off one, as sizes are very different. I will get DH to make the label for her 3 dudes quilt, and give it to her. DH also made 5 labels for quilts I have finished so I attached those to quilts. I wanted to prepare the backing for my xmas quilt, but I don't have enough fabrics from my stash. It's a king, so I guess I will go to LQS to see what I can get. I need it ready to go since I have rented a LA.

My order from M* of Oct 14 was last tracked leaving Chicago on Oct 25. If it's like flights through Chicago O'Hare, there will be delays. I find it so funny when I read some people's frustration that their order takes days to receive. I would be jumping for joy. I guess I have learned patience. Now if only the rotating postal strike doesn't hold it off too much longer.

My GF Heather has arrived safely at their Fort Meyers Beach home. She is still recovering from their first attempt to drive down, when their car and camper were totalled in Virginia. Now she can rest those ribs and recover.

Monique - keeping Bonnie in my thoughts.

Enjoy your day. Stay warm. Stay dry and safe travels.

baslp
October 29th, 2018, 11:39 AM
Good morning. We are having a partly cloudy day. We are suppose to warm up some this week. I enjoyed seeing my friend and the play -the Doll House #2. Thank goodness it was only 1 hr 30 min.

Today I have to iron my binding. I need to get my mojo back and get the backing cut for a quilt that is going to the quilter.

Barb— a great pictures of your pups. Our pug goes back to the vet clinic to see an internal med vet and hopefully we can get into see ophthalmology too.

Beth

toggpine
October 29th, 2018, 12:29 PM
Good morning!
Just flying through and enjoying the last of my coffee before heading for the shower and work.

Have a great day and make somebody smile!
Hugs, Cathy

KPH
October 29th, 2018, 12:54 PM
Good Morning All

Nana and Nandy just picked up the two smaller grands. They have J for home school on Monday and Tuesday, so I keep the other two when Mom's on duty.

Tonight is family dinner. I threw three chicken breast in the crock pot yesterday, so Chicken Pot Pie won't take long to make today. Cookies are done and cooling. Mike and I'll be heading out to JC Penny's to look at luggage. We threw away out old luggage before Howard passed and I hadn't thought about replacing it. They're having a sale, and with the coupon it should be a good deal to get a set.

Yesterday, after church was pretty much a throw away day. We went out to lunch and it turned into a nightmare. Thank goodness the manager was checking folks out, because she asked how our meal was, and I told her the whole story. She comped our meal, which was kind. I would have paid for Mike's since he ate most of it, but I wasn't planning on paying for mine that was still sitting on the table untouched. After that, I just couldn't get myself out of that funk. I didn't even go into the sewing room.

Anyway, today is a new day and I've already trimmed off the corners of the bowl cozies and turned most of the out. So hopefully, I'll get in there and get them top stitched before or after dinner.

Well, I need to get the cookies put away so we can hit Penny's and get back with plenty of time to finish dinner.

Prayers for those in need and Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

chelea
October 29th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Cloudy and cool here...it's been unseasonably cold this October and we've already had many frosts. Guess there's no hope of an Indian Summer this year. We went over to the farm stand last night to judge in the pumpkin carving contest. There were some great entries and choosing was hard. Here's the first prize pumpkin:
So that's how we wrap up the fall season at the farmstand...it will close on Halloween and re-open the day after Thanksgiving for Christmas trees and wreaths.
I'd better get back to my chores. Hope the rest of your day is peaceful.

Simply Quilting
October 29th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Good afternoon! So excited that I dropped the charity quilt off to the quilter today!!!! It took us about two hours to work on the details of how it is going to be quilted - lots of names and dates on the quilt. Then we have to leave room but not obvious spacing for the end of football season this year if they when the MIAA and nationals. Because the quilt needs to be done before the championship game. We also worked on what to use for filler space, echoing and which pieces that we don't want to put any quilting on yet having to make sure the quilt spacing is not too far apart.

Yesterday I cut out the fabric and sewed the half square triangles for the block of the month that I'm working on. Now to put the block together, get a picture and get it posted today as the month is almost over and the next two days are very busy.

Today's other activities include laundry, school and a 4-H meeting.

Monique, I hope that Bonnie is doing well today.

Barb, sweet picture of the Jeff and the girls.

Have a great day everyone :)