PDA

View Full Version : It's Dark, It's SUnday Morning!

KPH
October 28th, 2018, 08:06 AM
Good Morning All,

I was pretty busy yesterday. Pulled out all of my Secret Santa's and took pictures to send to Carlie. Sewed all the tops and bottoms together on the bowl cozies. I finished up the Mayflower for the front door. Found out what MIL needs for Christmas, so other than pictures of the kiddos, she's covered, after I tell Jim what he's going to do, that is! (He has Amazon Prime)

Last night I introduced Mike to The Ghost and Mrs Muir. I do love watching the old movies on TMC. He really got riled in a couple of spots, 'she should have slapped him silly' lol, 'you wouldn't have put up with that'. So sad that The Ghost and Mr. Chicken came on so late and I had to get up too early!

My ride for church will be here soon. Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers for Bonnie and Riley for healing touches and peace. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

JCY
October 28th, 2018, 09:02 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ Since I added a lengthy post yest., I don't have much new to add to today. I'll be going to church then make a quick stop on the way home at Whole Foods for my organic turkey bacon, then right home. Today is medical procedure day for DH (every other morning); it always leaves him feeling weak & washed out, so he really doesn't like to be left alone on these days.

It's supposed to be in the 70's today. We'll enjoy the nice weather while we have it.

My sympathies to the Jewish community in PA who were affected by the mass shooting.

Bubby
October 28th, 2018, 09:22 AM
Good Morning...Jeff is outdoors with the pups and I'm trying to wake up. I guess a cup of tea is in order.

We had a slow day yesterday. We made a trip to WalMart and later in the day I made a pot of chicken soup for dinner. We have some left over to have with sandwiches for lunch.

Yesterday was Dottie's 11th birthday. We are so blessed to still have her with us. She got two new toys and had a bowl of ice cream as a treat. I have loved a lot of dogs but I have to admit that Dottie has my heart.

I'm off to start breakfast on Jeff's last day of vacation. He wants sausage gravy and biscuits.

Wishing everyone a blessed day. Special thoughts and prayers for Bonnie.

JulieC
October 28th, 2018, 09:32 AM
Good morning,

It is a dark, rainy morning today...there is a chance of rain all day, with a high near 50. There is rain in the forecast every day this week except Tuesday, looks like it will be a soggy Halloween. I don't hand out candy on Halloween, either. I think this will be the first year my Mom hasn't. She claims she likes to see the kids in their costumes, but she makes my sister answer the door and usually spends the evening reading.

I'm hoping to spend a little time in my sewing room today. I want to finish the top on a project before I start the Thanksgiving wall hanging. I don't have a lot of time to make that one.

Enjoy your day!

baslp
October 28th, 2018, 09:35 AM
Good morning. Looks like the clouds will stay with us today, but no rain! I am going into Philly to meet a friend for brunch and then go to a play. I hope to cont to work on my binding strip later today.

Thinking about all the people morning in Pittsburgh and others we may know who are sick.

Beth

Monique
October 28th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Good morning friends. We have the white stuff on the ground this morning. UGH!! It won't last but it is too soon for this. Not much going on here today. I have a table runner to finish sewing. On Friday I was able to go visit a quilt shop in Almonte. Bought more fabric I didn't need but wanted just because it was pretty, LOL!!

I had a quick visit with Bonnie but she still isn't feeling well so I didn't stay very long. On my way out, I meet up with a young lad who just became a father for the second time. So I got to visit with the family for a little while. I didn't do a whole lot the rest of the day.

Watched the baseball game for a bit but went to bed as I was tired. Glad the Red Sox won. They are now 1 win away from the World Series, sorry Dodgers fans.

Have a great day friends.

grammaterry
October 28th, 2018, 10:03 AM
Not much color here in the mountains but this morning I notices some brilliant golds. The leaves are still hanging on, I suppose because it has been so wet all year.
Spent a fruitless day in the sewing room and finally just gave up. Somedays just are not productive. DH is having so much fun making knives. They surely don't take up as much room as quilts.

Cathy F
October 28th, 2018, 10:44 AM
Morning all,
The sun is shining today a nice change from the rain yesterday.

Worked in the sewing room yesterday and finished a few more things on my list. Today I'll need to do a bit of aclean up in there before starting on the next few projects. Seems it's more fun to be creative than to put things back where they belong.

Wishing all a good day!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
October 28th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Good morning ladies,

Yesterday was another day winterizing the yard with DH. I cut the thyme and parsley to dry. All we need to do, maybe this week is wrap the canopy over the door and the patio furniture which we put under the pergola. The shed is organized, and snow shovels taken out. We will move the BBQ under the pergola and tie it down, probably mid-November in case DH wants a last BBQ.

Then DH got a new laptop at Best Buy. Wow, this store is bigger and way more modern than ours. I felt like I was walking into Jetson age. I was checking out the appliances, and I am in love. Unfortunately, we would have to gut the kitchen and build-on if I wanted any of these. I love the full size fridge and freezer combo, but it is twice as wide as a regular fridge, like a gourmet kitchen. DH went back out in the evening to pick it up after they loaded the software and anti-virus. I jokingly said I was craving poutine. For those not familiar, this is French fries with fresh cheese curds and gravy. I didn't think there would be any truck stands open, but alas he came home with 2 orders from our favorite pizza restaurant. This is a treat, only once on awhile. What a sweetie! Bad news, it was snowing! Wet snow!

Today will be slow, as I am really stiff and sore. I got up late, so that's a sign my body needs a rest. I will go down to the sewing room, but will only tackle small projects, if anything. I have been watching videos of the Silhouette, so the only place I can see it is at Michael's. I will check it out as there a lot of options and many uses other than for applique. I wish I was going to a quilt show, like Houston, as I'm certain someone is exhibiting there. Oh today I dream.

Enjoy your day. Stay dry. Stay warm, or cool, whoever you are. Be safe as Mother Nature is really dumping and cranky in many areas.

toggpine
October 28th, 2018, 01:48 PM
It looks like the morning may have a bit of a break from the drenching rain of last night.
Mom asked me to bring a couple of the goats to the Trunk-or-Treat they put on at the Union hall yesterday evening. I really didn't want to go, as it was supposed to just dump rain. Then I thought about all of the shows and fairs she wagged me to over the years and sucked it up and went. It was wet. Thank the Sweet Baby Jesus that I had the pop-up tent thing, or it would have been horrible. The rain was so bad that they shut the event down about an hour early.
I will finish up one of the sewing projects I started yesterday. I had to run Em to a birthday party in the middle of it.
I am so glad I did. He had invited 4 kids, and one was out of town, and the other two bailed out. His parents were lovely, and we had a nice chat before I left. He is high-functioning Autistic, and was a bit distraught that we weren't there by 10:30, so he called. It was good that he did, as I thought it started at 1! I apologized for misreading the invite, and told him we were on our way. When I left, Em and John were in the midst of an epic Nerf gun battle and having fun.
Time to refil the coffee cup and get to stitching before the football games start!
Make it a great day out there!

KarenC
October 28th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Good afternoon everyone. Just woke from a good nap. Up at 4:30 this morning to head to Houston for a 10k. Traffic exiting the freeway was awful, but we were in good company, so all was good. The race was good, great weather, and great breakfast tacos at the finish thanks to Taco Cabana. There was a long line for beer which was OK with me. I just can't do beer after a race. Any who, results were good with a 17:31 minute pace per mile, which I am proud of these days. Never thought I would be walking races, but I love the fellowship.

Made a trip to J's yesterday for backing for a charity quilt, and am about half done with the quilting. Will try to finish tonight or tomorrow. Have a few projects going, but I think I'm going to try Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt this year. Have any of you done any? It will be a big challenge for me. My precision is not always there.

Prayers for all the families in Pittsburgh grieving right now. So sad with yesterday's shooting. Prayers also for Bonnie and Riley.