PDA

View Full Version : Prayers please for Rylie....and us

Tracie T
October 27th, 2018, 03:32 PM
Hi friends. We went to our hospital appointments last Monday in preparation for Rylie's scoliosis surgery on Nov 19th. It's getting closer and the nerves are starting already. Of course DH and I don't let on how anxious we are but it's always in my mind. Please keep Rylie and us in your prayers, if you will. It's going to be a long couple weeks and I'm sure an eternity the day of surgery. Rylie seems to take it all in stride at this point. I know kids are pretty resilient and sometimes she seems so wise for only being 10 years old. Ok, thanks for listening.

KPH
October 27th, 2018, 03:36 PM
Lifting prayers now and will continue.

You're right, kids are a lot more resilient than we are. Of course, our minds have to run through all the possibilities and the more we dwell, the more we can find the negative.

Why not start a list of all of the positive possibilities and when you start to worry, go look at that list!

jjkaiser
October 27th, 2018, 05:02 PM
Oh for sure we will all be thinking good thoughts for Rylie and for you. Everything will probably be fine. Have faith in the doctors, who I am sure have done this surgery so many times, and try not to worry.

Tracie T
October 27th, 2018, 05:02 PM
Lifting prayers now and will continue.

You're right, kids are a lot more resilient than we are. Of course, our minds have to run through all the possibilities and the more we dwell, the more we can find the negative.

Why not start a list of all of the positive possibilities and when you start to worry, go look at that list!

Thanks Katrina. Yes you right about the list and I know it is what needs to be done for sure.

Sandy Navas
October 27th, 2018, 06:10 PM
Got you covered. She'll amaze you at how resilient she is. You have a concerned team on your side! Prayers ongoing.

Anitamae56
October 27th, 2018, 06:23 PM
For sure praying !! And many positive thoughts.

pcbatiks
October 27th, 2018, 06:37 PM
Adding my prayers too.

KarenC
October 27th, 2018, 07:08 PM
Adding prayers

SuzanneOrleansOntario
October 27th, 2018, 07:12 PM
Riley and the family will be in my thoughts. Kids are resilient. My girlfriend had the surgery at 60 and she is proud to say that she is part of the Twisted Sister group.

geegeequilts
October 27th, 2018, 07:29 PM
Will be praying for Rylie & for Mom & Dad as well. Take a day at a time. Take a deep breath & say "we got this". We'll be here for you all every step of the way.

Gina

Cokie
October 27th, 2018, 07:33 PM
Saying a prayer for Rylie and you. I ran into a friend last week whose daughter had scoliosis surgery at about Rylie's age. Before her surgery she had to wear a brace and was limited in what she was able to do. She is now in college and doing well. She was able to play sports thru highschool - she loves softball! I pray Rylie will have a successful outcome too.

Tracie T
October 27th, 2018, 07:51 PM
Thank you so much for the support and prayers! It helps to know there are people that care.

Monique
October 27th, 2018, 07:55 PM
Adding mine to the long list.

JCY
October 27th, 2018, 11:02 PM
Blessings on Rylie, parents, & wisdom & skill for the doctors. Thoughts & prayers going your way.

AMG
October 27th, 2018, 11:03 PM
Lots of good wishes for a smooth surgery and swift recovery

surfergirl
October 28th, 2018, 03:40 AM
Prayers go up, blessings and healing comes down, amen

mrsg730
October 28th, 2018, 04:44 AM
Will have you all in my prayers.

MRoy
October 28th, 2018, 11:44 AM
Prayers for you all...for a successful surgery and easy recovery for Rylie and for comfort for you and your husband.

dwil23
October 29th, 2018, 01:45 AM
Will certainly keep Riley, you and her medical team in my prayers...

(((HUGS)))

Star lover
October 29th, 2018, 08:18 AM
I'll keep Riley, you and her family in my prayers too! Love and hugs!

amartin24
October 29th, 2018, 12:19 PM
Oh Tracie, hugs for you. As we've chatted before, I know full well what you are going through. Prayers for Rylie, you, your family and the medical team. My daughter, Aili is doing very well after having her scoliosis surgery 8 years ago. Kids are resilient and bounce back quickly. My 12 year old has her scoliosis checkup next week. I can see that her curve has gotten worse as she had a growth spurt this year. One day at a time and put it all in God's hands! I just bought a whiteboard for my office at work. I wanted to put inspirational quotes on it each day. Before I even saw your post this morning, I had written the following: "Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength." ~Corrie ten Boom.

Bee happy
October 31st, 2018, 02:37 AM
Will put her on my prayer list. It is such a blessing that there is surgery for this situation.