PDA

View Full Version : Sasturday Hellos!

JCY
October 27th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Good Morning~ With my luck, someone else will be posting at the same time as I am. Anyway, after a long day of quilting, binding, etc., I finished the D9P late last night. I used all my spare time with pedal to the metal to get this one done for today's baby shower, which is 9-11 a.m. at the church for 4 new moms. It makes it more labor intensive when they group the gals together, but fortunately I had some completed baby girl quilts in my stash. I just need to organize them in the gift bags this morning.

I took time out yest. to go to Lady Bugs potluck lunch. There was a good group of us & a nice assortment of food. The program was a clown presentation, which I did not stay for. I needed to get home to work on the quilt. It was a beautiful day & got up 75 deg. It's supposed to be that warm today or maybe even warmer. Depending on how the weather system moves in, there's a chance of snow or rain for Halloween next week.

Well, after the shower, I'll make a stop at Walmart, which is nearby. I don't like to shop there on the week end, but I'll combine the trip. No more time now.

baslp
October 27th, 2018, 09:30 AM
Good morning— not a great day here . Expecting a lot of wind and rain. I had a busy day running around doing errands yesterday. When I got home, I noticed the pug’s right eye was gunky and she was lethargic. Our vet was gone for the day so off to the vet ER. I spent 6 hrs there with her. She prob has dry eye in that eye too and the irritation caused a superficial ulcer. We came home with more eye drops. I plan on staying home today and get the binding sewed onto one of the quilts I finished.

Have a good day.
Beth

KPH
October 27th, 2018, 09:57 AM
Good Morning All,

I had the kids yesterday morning while DS1 went to the ortho. They were there long enough for the kids to start asking for lunch. Which was iffy, since nobody had said they were staying here for lunch while their mom and dad went for mom's birthday lunch. It was just weird. I know they didn't expect to be gone as long as they were.

I worked on the Mayflower, another post. I'll finish that up today, sooner or later. Right now, I'm having a hard time getting motivated to even move. I hope that feeling doesn't last long, I have stuff to get done.

Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

grammaterry
October 27th, 2018, 10:24 AM
Katrina, you are a wonderful GM but sometimes it seems the children might be taking advantage of yu. Have they heard of the phone to let you know they will be longer than expected.
I watched the embroider machine yesterday for 6 long hours. I worked on piecing another quilt. But since I was usinga non embroider thread it kept breaking so it required constant needle threading. Not sure how I feel about this embroider thing. Its pretty but I don't feel particularly creative. Sort of like paint by numbers.
Made ribs for dinner last night and DH ate well for a change. Made a key lime pie too and he was pretty excited about that. Go figure. He's been working on a new knife. He will be going to a gun show next weekend and hopes to have some of his knives for sale there. He's doing a great job.
DH's brother and wife were in town Friday and we went to visit. THey live at Nagshead and have a house here in the mountains. It was a nice visit. They invited us for lunch and BIL went to wholefoods and bought soup. He didn't get enough and said that he wasn't hungry. I would have brought lunch if I'd known they weren't cooking. Oh well.
Suppose to rain all day and then warm up some tomorrow.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
October 27th, 2018, 10:31 AM
Good morning everyone,

Joy - I doubt I would have beat you to post this am. I was in deep sleep, exhausted. I don't know where you get all your energy. You are energizer bunny.
Katrina - you make this grandma look bad. You are so good to take the GKs at the drop of a pin. You are so busy with all you do, home schooling. That would knock my mojo down.

Yesterday was gorgeous, sunny and not windy so I did yardwork pretty much all day. Cutting back the perennials, grasses and emptying the flower pots and removing annuals from beds. Sad though, as they are still flowering, but I know if we get snow, that's it. I also raked leaves. Today, I will cut more grasses and perennials around the pond, and remove the herbs from raised boxes. I may rake more leaves, but the trees are still dropping them. Then it will done. DH still needs to close up the pond and drag out the snowblower from the shed to the garage. The yard is almost all winterized.

DH had a good day at the gliding club and got a few lessons in. He is really enjoying this new hobby. It's also an opportunity to socialize with like-minded enthusiasts. They will have a xmas dinner early in December. That will be nice as we don't have office parties now that we are retired.

We are expecting light flurries and rain this afternoon, so I'm hoping to retreat to my sewing room. Let's see how that goes.

Enjoy your day. Stay warm, be safe.

Carol336
October 27th, 2018, 10:38 AM
Rainy and cold here today. I managed to cut out and prepare 3 Crafty Gemini Trixie Pouches yesterday afternoon, so hopefully I'll get them all put together today. I'm doing her current bag club and so far really liking it. These little pouches are kinda of rounded and have mesh pockets on the inside - a little small, but cute just the same. I'm waiting on zippers to start the everyday tote - which looks really nice.

You know the saying "When it rains it pours"....Well that seems to be the theme around here. I'm hobbling around here slowly recuperating from my heart surgery last week, and now DH has started with flu symptoms. He got the shot recently so I'm hoping it's just a reaction from that. But, God Love Him, he really isn't the best patient in the world. And I can't drive yet - so this should be a fun day - we're kinda like the walking wounded - LOL!! Anyway - just talked him into a nap, so I'm off to start my pouches.

Have a great Saturday everyone

KarenC
October 27th, 2018, 11:59 AM
Beautiful weather today in Texas. We don't get many of these days. It was 67 F when I went for my Saturday walk, getting into 80s this afternoon. Tomorrow should be the same. After weeks of rain, this is awesome. I have a 10k tomorrow morning, so this will be perfect weather. Yesterday I finished a charity quilt top for my church group. I used the block tutorial for town square, but arranged the blocks a different way. Will post a phot after it is quilted. Still trying to decide what to work on today. Trying to finish a few things before the Houston Quilt Festival which starts Nov 7.

Katrina is a super GM! I don't know how she does everything with the kids and grandkids. I watched the GD for her first year and then told DD it was time for daycare. I love her and can handle a day every few weeks, but I don't think I could ever do the home schooling. That's a lot of work! But they say it keeps you young, so go for it!

Hoping everyone has a great day.

Anitamae56
October 27th, 2018, 12:01 PM
Joy, I wish you could post pictures of your quilts , I so enjoyed you telling everything about them. Did u ever get it figured out how to post pictures? I have no idea how, but so appreciated everyone else pictures.

chelea
October 27th, 2018, 01:35 PM
Cold, rainy and dreary here today...perfect sewing weather. Hubs and I went to city hall this morning to vote. Glad that's taken care of. Sometimes it's hard for him to get out of work in time so we appreciate the opportunity to vote early. In preparing to vote I found a good website www.vote411.org where you can enter your address and it gives you a list of the races on your ballot, statewide and national and allows you to compare candidates. It also explains the ballot questions. Lots of good info there.
Anyway, I hope everyone finds a little time to sew today!

KPH
October 27th, 2018, 02:16 PM
Katrina, you are a wonderful GM but sometimes it seems the children might be taking advantage of yu. Have they heard of the phone to let you know they will be longer than expected.
I watched the embroider machine yesterday for 6 long hours. I worked on piecing another quilt. But since I was usinga non embroider thread it kept breaking so it required constant needle threading. Not sure how I feel about this embroider thing. Its pretty but I don't feel particularly creative. Sort of like paint by numbers.
Made ribs for dinner last night and DH ate well for a change. Made a key lime pie too and he was pretty excited about that. Go figure. He's been working on a new knife. He will be going to a gun show next weekend and hopes to have some of his knives for sale there. He's doing a great job.
DH's brother and wife were in town Friday and we went to visit. THey live at Nagshead and have a house here in the mountains. It was a nice visit. They invited us for lunch and BIL went to wholefoods and bought soup. He didn't get enough and said that he wasn't hungry. I would have brought lunch if I'd known they weren't cooking. Oh well.
Suppose to rain all day and then warm up some tomorrow.

Hey Terry, I did get a text about an hour after DS appt. time. They were still in the waiting room. It just didn't help me know whether to go ahead and feed the hungry horde or make them wait it out. Mom called after they left the drs office, but the fun of that was they had to go through downtown to get back to my house. They gave an estimate on the time, so when the oldest started begging again, I told him to wait for his parents.

I think our past ancestors must have been in espionage... none of us volunteer information, so I really don't expect a whole lot of information out of either kid. lol, and there are times, I don't tell them what I'm up to either, so they get it honest.

baslp
October 27th, 2018, 03:22 PM
Michele—- thanks for the web site to help decide on who to vote for in the upcoming election.

JulieC
October 27th, 2018, 05:00 PM
Happy Saturday Afternoon!

It has been a busy day so far today. I went to the grocery store this morning, I usually go on Sundays. I finally restocked some of my fridge / freezer from the power outage last week. Mom's house was without power for over 50 hours! Our power went out at the same time, about 4 pm on Saturday; my power came on about 2 pm Sunday, Mom's didn't come on until 11:57 pm Monday night! She and my sister were miserable. They refused to go to a hotel because the power company kept pushing the repair time back by a few hours. :( I know there are a lot of people who have had it much worse, my heart goes out to them, I don't know how they managed!

I ordered two more kits from Shabby Fabrics. I placed the order Wednesday night, it shipped Thursday and arrived today. No yardage, though, just the kits. I made the mistake of taking my Halloween wall hanging into work, now the office crew want one for Thanksgiving and another for Christmas. I decided I want to keep the turkey I made last year, so I ordered the kit for the "Give Thanks" wallhanging. Some of the pieces for the patchwork are pretty small, I think I will make a practice block before I cut into the fabric they sent. The other kit is their Mr. Snowman wallhanging. I could have made that one from my stash, but my company's logo is teal and the kit was in shades of teal...I just couldn't resist!

Time to do another load of laundry...enjoy the rest of your day!

MaggieSue
October 27th, 2018, 09:50 PM
Michele—- thanks for the web site to help decide on who to vote for in the upcoming election.

I want to thank you too, I found that site to be very helpful!!!

JCY
October 27th, 2018, 10:53 PM
Hello again ~ It's been a busy day here. I made it to the baby shower this a.m. toting all 4 gift bags. It was a nice time of socializing while eating snacks of mini muffins, fruit, etc. I had just finished breakfast so I waited a while before eating anything. All 4 moms opened their presents at the same time. They all were pleased with their quilts. I had made enough burp cloths for each mom to have 5. A fat qtr. works perfectly for those. I keep a supply of flannel fabrics on hand for blankets & burp cloths.

One of our super Walmarts is close to the church, so I stopped there after the shower. I had a long list. I really don't like to shop there on the week ends, but it wasn't too busy. They didn't have 3 items on my list. I'll try at the other WM next week to find those items.

The weather was so balmy, sunny, & warm today. It was 80 deg. when I got home. Unusual for this time of year. Very windy this a.m., however, & it's brought down a lot of leaves. The lawn is littered -- & the leaves aren't all from our trees. I'm not paying for a fall clean-up till they're all down. Three guys at the hourly rate (each) x 1 or more hrs. adds up in a hurry. We're expected to have 2 more days in the 70's, then a change is coming just in time for the trick or treaters. We haven't participated for many years; we leave our porch light off.

It was nice to have some down time this afternoon & relax in the recliner with a cup of coffee. No quilt deadlines for a while; the next baby shower will be in mid-Jan. However, DS#2 comes in <2 wks., so I'll need to get some extra house cleaning done around here before then.

I haven't figured out yet how to further downsize my pics so I can post them. I've been too busy meeting deadlines. I wish I could post pics of the latest quilt. The other quilts I gifted today would be in my albums, I think. One was a D9P from a few years ago, one was Jenny's 9-P & Rail Fence, & the other was Star Cakes, which I think was a Fat Qtr. pattern.

Well, it's almost my supper time. I usually have a snack with the 5 p.m. news, then eat around 8 p.m. Have a great rest of the week end.

Anitamae56
October 27th, 2018, 11:52 PM
Hello again ~ It's been a busy day here. I made it to the baby shower this a.m. toting all 4 gift bags. It was a nice time of socializing while eating snacks of mini muffins, fruit, etc. I had just finished breakfast so I waited a while before eating anything. All 4 moms opened their presents at the same time. They all were pleased with their quilts. I had made enough burp cloths for each mom to have 5. A fat qtr. works perfectly for those. I keep a supply of flannel fabrics on hand for blankets & burp cloths.

One of our super Walmarts is close to the church, so I stopped there after the shower. I had a long list. I really don't like to shop there on the week ends, but it wasn't too busy. They didn't have 3 items on my list. I'll try at the other WM next week to find those items.

The weather was so balmy, sunny, & warm today. It was 80 deg. when I got home. Unusual for this time of year. Very windy this a.m., however, & it's brought down a lot of leaves. The lawn is littered -- & the leaves aren't all from our trees. I'm not paying for a fall clean-up till they're all down. Three guys at the hourly rate (each) x 1 or more hrs. adds up in a hurry. We're expected to have 2 more days in the 70's, then a change is coming just in time for the trick or treaters. We haven't participated for many years; we leave our porch light off.

It was nice to have some down time this afternoon & relax in the recliner with a cup of coffee. No quilt deadlines for a while; the next baby shower will be in mid-Jan. However, DS#2 comes in <2 wks., so I'll need to get some extra house cleaning done around here before then.

I haven't figured out yet how to further downsize my pics so I can post them. I've been too busy meeting deadlines. I wish I could post pics of the latest quilt. The other quilts I gifted today would be in my albums, I think. One was a D9P from a few years ago, one was Jenny's 9-P & Rail Fence, & the other was Star Cakes, which I think was a Fat Qtr. pattern.

Well, it's almost my supper time. I usually have a snack with the 5 p.m. news, then eat around 8 p.m. Have a great rest of the week end.

Sounds like you has a very busy day. I have looked at your photos in your albums in the past. Thank you, have a restful evening.