PDA

View Full Version : Friday is here

Monique
October 26th, 2018, 08:24 AM
Good morning friends. Yup it is Friday.

I spoke with Bonnie yesterday. There was nothing she needed me to bring to her, asked if she wanted a visit and she told me she would call me later. Well she never called. Not sure what is up with her. I did go to her house, got a critter and got rid of that, did the dishes that have been there all week, made her bed and generally picked up a wee bit. There really isn't much to do. Picked up her mail too. I will call her again this morning and see what is up!!

I did laundry here and got that out of the way and also put away clean stuff. I tend to leave it in the baskets until all 3 are full. Then I was able to get into the sewing room and I finished the table runner I was working on. Sat and sewed the binding as I was watching the news.

Hubby wants to go for a drive today. Not sure where he wants to go. Asks me where I want to go. My answer was it was you who wants to go for a drive, but anywhere there is a quilt store of course. So I really don't know what this day will bring.

Now the weather service has issued a weather statement that we may get some of the white stuff Saturday into Sunday as much as about 2 inches. Hope not but we do know it is coming eventually.

Have an awesome day and weekend my friends.

Star lover
October 26th, 2018, 08:34 AM
Good morning to all!

Monique, you are a special friend, helping Bonnie.......and ewwww, critters too!
Oh my, the dreaded white stuff! Hope it waits.....and waits.....so not a fan anymore. Loved it when I was younger, but no more. Pretty to look at.....and that's all!
Have fun in your drive!

Well the roof is done! Took 4 hours, my they flew through it. They cleaned up and were gone by noon. And they did a remarkable job of cleaning. They even ran huge magnets over the yard to pick up any stray nails. I thought it looked great.....but DH can always find something. I don't think it's a big deal.....something about drip edge hanging out past the house. I'll mention it to the guy today when he comes to check it all out.

Now on to the tree......still waiting.....

Not much sewing yesterday, I thought I could, but with all the noice and stuff flying past the window, I mostly watched them. Ventured out when it sounded like they weren't tearing stuff and watched them install everything. So I'm hoping to get in my sewing room later today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Fall is flying and, from the sounds of it, winter isn't too far behind!
Love and hugs to all.

KPH
October 26th, 2018, 08:37 AM
Good Morning All,

Monique, I hope Bonnie starts to perk up, I know it will relieve your worries.

Home school went well. I managed to finish sorting out all of the tops and bottoms of the bowl cozies. That's as far as I got. Mike and I went and picked up a few things at the Walmart grocery and then a trip to the meat market. I've decided on what's for supper Monday night, by then I was done.

I need to get in there and start on the laundry. Jim's finally going to ortho today. Nana and Nandy have dr. appts, so Mike volunteered me to keep the kids. Guess who's getting up before they get here! I'm doing my best to not to catch their colds and not having too much luck.

I like the tutorial today. I may just give it a go.

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

JCY
October 26th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Good Morning, All ~ What a beautiful day yest. It got up to 74. Since we've had no rain for a while, I dragged out the hoses & watered the lawn. Lots of in & out moving hoses for 4 hrs. I did considerable FMQ. I'd work for 30 min. (when my L. hand gets numb), go do something else for a while, then back for another 30 min. I have the D9P mostly quilted. I'm hoping I can finish it today & get the binding on. I need to select 3 other finished baby quilts from my stash & get the gift bags organized. I also worked on burp cloths. I chain piece them, so it goes pretty fast. I got 20 sewn together. I need to flip them, sew shut the open end, stitch all around the edges. The shower tomorrow is for 4 moms.

No mice here yet, but I'm tired of cleaning up raccoon poop. Three piles yest. I see they've been digging under the gate again. My neighbor was out on his patio trying to shore up any spots where the coons might get under their deck. It's been an on going problem. One year there was a skunk under there that stunk up their house really bad.

Well, I need to fix DH's breakfast & mix up my 5 Cup Salad (Ambrosia); today is our monthly Lady Bugs get together. We're having potluck this time.

Ginny B
October 26th, 2018, 09:53 AM
Good Morning all. Happy Friday. It is a pretty cool one here. We are only in the 30's this morning. It will go up into the 50's by this afternoon though. Which is a good thing since there is going to be a Fall Festival at Henry's school after school lets out and it will be an outside affair. It seems that this is the first time they have done this event so we will see how it goes. Tomorrow we have a christening to go to in Brooklyn. It is dh's great-nephew being baptized so of course we need to be there but oh boy, the weather doesn't look to be very cooperative. Nor'easter heading our way and there will be a lot of rain.

I took a bit of a nap yesterday morning after dh left for work so I didn't get as much sewing done as I had wanted to but one more tablerunner top was completed and the fabric all set for the next couple. I had a customer come over to the house to pick up 8 tablerunners that I had completed for her before we left on vacation. She ordered two more in Christmas fabric. Then I headed over to have lunch with my friend Ceil at work (former work for me :icon_bigsmile: ). I got to hear about her trip to Iceland. Sounds like a very interesting place.

Monique, I hope Bonnie is ok and that you enjoy your ride today. Anita, glad your roof is done. They sure did it quickly. Hopefully your tree will be taken care of soon.

Heading up to my sewing room now. Working on the craft fair items. Making progress. Cathy good luck with your prep too. Can't wait to finally meet up with you.

Have a fabulous Friday everyone.

toggpine
October 26th, 2018, 10:03 AM
Good morning!

Monique, you are a wonderful friend!
Anita, I am glad to hear they finished your roof so quickly. The clean-up afterwards has always been my biggest gripe about roofing crews. It's good to know that at least one company out there tries to leave the site the way they found it.
Katrina, good luck on avoiding the kid germs! Working at the school has some benefits. I am exposed to so many germs on a daily basis, that it takes a whopper to catch me. (I also use Thieves oil/On Guard as a hand rub before I go to work to help ward off a few more.)
JCY - A four Mom shower? Wow! That would be some work to have everything ready for that.

Today is our last half day of conference week. The 5th grade teacher I work with had a family emergency, so I will spend most of the day in there. The kids are pretty good, but when the cat is away....
We had Em's conference yesterday at the middle school. We learned a few things and put a few others into place. Hopefully, she won't feel so overwhelmed when she gets some of these big assignments handed to her. All she sees is the packet of 60 pages of writing, freaks out, and gives up. It's actually several weeks of work for the whole unit, but that's not how she sees it. We also found out she's been rather chatty in one of the other classes, and perhaps that is one of the reasons she's missing some of the info that is discussed in class. (Uh oh! Busted!)
I think I'm going to have to take the serger in to get the trimming blade sharpened/changed. It wanted to chew through the last project more than slice cleanly. Ugh. I guess after 12+ years it's about due. Hard to believe I have had it that long, but I purchased it before Emily came along, and she'll be 13 in February.
Well, I was awake early and now I'm at my regular wake up time. I had better get on with things so I'm not behind before I even get started!
Make it a good day out there!

KarenC
October 26th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Good morning everyone. Yesterday was a great day, no rain, beautiful fall weather. I went into Houston to pick up race packets for our 10k on Sunday. It was so easy. They've ad a former to complete for groups in advance, so when I got there, the bag was ready with all 5 packets. This was followed with lunch with a former coworker I hadn't seen since the mid 90'. It was so nice to catch up. Once I got home I worked on some more blocks for a charity quilt. Today is all about sewing and a visit to another friend this afternoon. She wants me to meet her GD who is 2.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
October 26th, 2018, 10:32 AM
Good morning ladies,

It's so nice to sit and enjoy my coffee in the sunroom. It's sunny but oh, still cold around 0. My mission today is to empty all the flower pots and remove the geraniums from the ground before they freeze. Stack the patio furniture under the pergola, so DH can wrap later. It will be all about yardwork and last kick at winterizing. DH is taking advantage of today to get some gliding lessons today. This weekend we are expecting rain and dare I say, snow flurries. So it will be indoor activities, with a good chance of quilting.

Monique - I worry about Bonnie. It sounds like she has fallen down the depression pit. You are a good friend, and I know you will be there for her (and her critters). She has faced so many more challenges this year.

Anita, you're ready for winter. We had our roof put on a few years ago, but DH wanted metal. We didn't realize this takes longer. It felt like 3 weeks of hammering, and the last week there was a big snow/sleet storm, so the work went slower, and the clean up that week was buried under frozen snow. They cleaned as best they could and said they would be back in the spring but the company went under. We picked up bits of metal scraps, old shingle pieces and nails all year.

Does anyone have or heard of a Silhouette cutting machine? I came across this last night, and I am impressed with its many uses, for cutting applique for quilting, home decor, but also for building small houses for DH's train landscape. I showed DH who was also interested. This may be our xmas gift to ourselves. I think this would be more versatile than the other cutters on the market, and provide the opportunity to create unique designs.

Enjoy your day. Stay warm. Stay dry. Pay it forward, you never know who really needs it.

Bubby
October 26th, 2018, 02:47 PM
Good afternoon....Having a slow day....didn't sleep well at all probably due to drinking a cup of tea late in the evening. I'm not used to caffeine anymore.

It's rainy and dark today. I cooked a batch of chicken breasts and shredded and packaged it for the Girls' meals. I should have cooked 10 pounds but only had the energy to do 5 pounds. I was also short of a few plastic containers.

Jeff and the Girls are napping and I have every intention of joining them.

Have a great day everyone....!

Cokie
October 26th, 2018, 06:29 PM
A cool rainy day here. I have no windows in my office so I had no idea it was raining until I left. DH and DS are both gone tonight so I have some chicken noodle soup from the freezer heating up on the stove and I'm going to sew. I'll enjoy the peace and quiet for as long as it lasts. It's been a rough week at work so I'm looking forward to some down time this weekend. Had plans to go to Amish country tomorrow but its supposed to be rainy, so I may go another time.

MSN
October 28th, 2018, 12:41 AM
Suzanne, I have owned a Silhouette Cameo cutting machine for several years. Got mine on a Black Friday/Cyber Monday special online (from J.C. Penney of all places!). It was my Christmas gift to myself that year. I use it mostly for scrapbooking and card making, but have also cut fabric for appliqué. There are separate blades that you use for fabric rather than paper. I did not get the design software; I didn't want to face the learning curve. But there are thousands of designs available; most for $0.99. I love how easy it is to resize things. You can also see a preview on your computer screen so you know exactly what you are cutting. I'm sure there are lots of tutorials on You-Tube.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
October 28th, 2018, 10:28 AM
Suzanne, I have owned a Silhouette Cameo cutting machine for several years. Got mine on a Black Friday/Cyber Monday special online (from J.C. Penney of all places!). It was my Christmas gift to myself that year. I use it mostly for scrapbooking and card making, but have also cut fabric for appliqué. There are separate blades that you use for fabric rather than paper. I did not get the design software; I didn't want to face the learning curve. But there are thousands of designs available; most for $0.99. I love how easy it is to resize things. You can also see a preview on your computer screen so you know exactly what you are cutting. I'm sure there are lots of tutorials on You-Tube.

Thanks for the tip. I have started looking at options, and it is endless. Definitely will be ready once the sales start.