PDA

View Full Version : My Birthday Surprise - A Quilting Clutch!

Judy, USMC
October 24th, 2018, 11:40 PM
Seaturtle has been very generous to me. I was feeling really down in the dumps with the hurricane damage which caused me to cancel my Forum Retreat where I've been celebrating my birthday the last 4 years. And then this came in the mail! It was originally designed as a diaper clutch which was made to carry all baby changing needs including a pad to lay baby on. Cindy modified it for quilting! 3 zipper compartments, pin case, pin cushion, cutting mat, ironing surface AND design wall.

I have no idea what I did to deserve a great gift like this ... but I sure do appreciate it. And it came when I really needed something to lift my spirits.

There are more pictures (look for the pink one Cindy made) and modification ideas here: https://www.rlrcreations.com/rlrsewingblog/gidisewingclutch

pcbatiks
October 25th, 2018, 12:42 AM
What a great surprise! Cindy did a great job. Those are cute and a great adaption for quilting supplies!

Star lover
October 25th, 2018, 07:16 AM
Was a sweet, happy birthday surprise......how thoughtful of Cindy!
.......oh.....and you do deserve it! Enjoy!

Monique
October 25th, 2018, 07:26 AM
WOW beautiful. How thoughtful of Cindy. I looked at the link and they are amazing made by amazing people.

KPH
October 25th, 2018, 07:36 AM
Beautiful workmanship, and great adaptation!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 25th, 2018, 07:55 AM
That Cindy! What a talented generous person she is! Enjoy your beautiful handmade gift from one of the finest friends a person could have!

Bubby
October 25th, 2018, 09:58 AM
What a wonderful gift! Forum mail has a way of turning up when you need a pick up the most. That has happened to me several times....enjoy your surprise!!

Simply Quilting
October 25th, 2018, 10:04 AM
What a sweet birthday gift from a very talented forum friend!

amartin24
October 25th, 2018, 10:14 AM
What an awesome forum friend gift! Cindy, you sure are talented and giving.

cv quilter
October 25th, 2018, 11:14 AM
Wow! Happy Birthday gifts are sew wonderful..especially one you are not expecting and that comes at "just the right time". What a cool idea...What a great friend Cindy is.

Judy, USMC
October 25th, 2018, 11:26 AM
Replying to a request. The Gidi pattern for the diaper clutch is available here: https://www.craftsy.com/sewing/patterns/gidi-diaper-clutch-nappy-wallet-sewing-clutch/581622?fbclid=IwAR2dWDEnKNpk3cA_nQrCH2CvkngzevX7VM ZYmjlWunQw0-vExO__VWiulLQ and the method to convert to an ironing pad is in the 1st post of this thread.

auntiemern
October 25th, 2018, 06:50 PM
Oh Judy....You have no idea how much you were missed at the retreat this year. Cindy is certainly a great friend to have. Such a special gift, for a special lady. So happy it lifted your spirits.

KarenC
October 25th, 2018, 06:56 PM
What a sweet surprise!

Rhonda K
October 25th, 2018, 07:27 PM
That is such a sweet surprise!

Clever too.