PDA

View Full Version : It's Wednesday!!

Monique
October 24th, 2018, 07:30 AM
Good morning friends. I had a good day yesterday, working with lovely people. I like this post office as it is relatively busy. Les met me there after work and we headed to Pembroke. I got to Fabricland as they had bolts of interfacing on sale. I did not buy any fabric, nothing interested me. Made it to Value Village and bought a game, Scattegories. It is a fun game, paid $3.

I spoke with Bonnie and she was feeling much better but still not 100%. I will visit her today. So hopefully inbetween all that I will have time to sew.

I also have to help at Bingo tonight for the Lionettes. So I shall have a busy day.

I also need to dispose of a little critter I caught, UGH!!

Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
October 24th, 2018, 07:48 AM
Good morning all!

I'm not sure Monique, but it's rare for me to walk out of a fabric store.....without fabric. But there are very few stores near me. In fact they are all long distance....why I shop the ineternst....

Happy Bonnie is feeling better, even if she's not 100%. Oh my, you sure have your share of those pesky critters......it would freak me out......DH would mention it, and I'd be the one to hunt and kill. I do all bugs and other intruders......so far no mice!

Still waiting for the tree cutter to show......may be waiting for some time. With the wind storm and all the down limbs, I'm sure they are a top priority. So we are scheduled to have a roof put on tomorrow......unless rain has delayed other jobs, pushing us back.
If it's tomorrow, they'll deliver everything today.....so we'll see.

I've got all the flower beds cleaned and everything ready for winter (ewww, I hate the thought!). Now just leaves.....

Oh so thankful for Carol. Sounds like everything went well with her surgery!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day! Hugs to all!

KPH
October 24th, 2018, 08:25 AM
Good Morning All,

Monique, glad Bonnie is feeling better. Hopefully, she'll be able to go home soon. It sounds like you had a nice day, all in all. We had a creature, not furry though. It was a baby lizard. Thankfully it was in Mike's bathroom. He found it hanging on his shower curtain.

Jonathan will be here for home school in a little bit. Jim is realizing Morgan won't fix lesson plans for the week and with him being a teacher, it's driving him nuts. He's always been a pre-planner. He fixes a minimum outline and lets Nana and I supplement with other lessons to round out our time. During the week when he's alone at night with the kids, it's hard for him to carve out time to go back and figure out what should be next. Hopefully, they'll get in the swing before Esther has to start kindergarten next year!

I didn't even go into the sewing room yesterday. Mike and I went to Walmart to pick up a few things and potatoes to go with dinner. The rains came and we decided to go out instead of grilling. Today, we're having steak, weather or not!

I'm loving this cooler weather! Now maybe I'll be able to get the garage finished! (Cleaning it out!)

Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
October 24th, 2018, 09:20 AM
Good morning ladies,

I am pleased to hear that Bonnie is recovering nicely, and hope she will be home soon. I saw that Carol336 is back home and had a positive experience. My GF Heather is back on the road to their Florida home. She sent me a message that they were in Carlisle, PA yesterday and so far travel is good. They were lucky they were not killed in that total wreck during our Thanksgiving weekend. I guess her DH didn't want to wait 6 weeks for her ribs to heal. Hopefully she will be able to breathe easy once she is in her happy place.

Yesterday I sewed the blocks, sashing and border on the Ribbon Star quilt that I started at retreat. So another top finished waiting for quilting. The picture doesn't show its pretty colours. Fabric is by Fleurie & Finch - Vines and was a DD. Again, I used a precut, and the pattern blocks ended up much smaller after squaring. The one thing I would improve on the M* patterns is to give squaring up sizes for block pieces within a larger block. In this case they were 4 small blocks to make up the block. I had to square to 6", but I knew they should be 6 1/4"- 6 1/2" as the larger block is supposed to finish 12 1/2". Because precuts are not always exact, I trimmed mine down to 6" and ended up with a block of 11 1/2". All good, as long as you are consistent.

DH is already gone. He is volunteering at the gliding club, as there is a group of disabled individuals coming for rides. The club does this 3x year. There is more prepping and help needed. Hopefully he won't come back frozen. It is really cold and not warming up very much. If there's time and all is good, he may go for a lesson or two.

I am off to my friend Dorothy's country place to quilt one or two top for Victoria quilt.

155691 155692

Monique - I hope the postal strike does not happen. I have a M* order that shipped Friday. I thought that was pretty good time, but I notice that it does get hung up on on leg of its journey.

Bubby
October 24th, 2018, 09:22 AM
Good Morning Everyone...Jeff got home late yesterday from his trip up north. Sadly he found both of our friends to be in poor health. They are also in the middle of moving. Since they were recently estranged from their only son and had no help with their move, Jeff stayed to help move some of the heavy things. He had our large trailer with him. My husband is such a kind man.

The Girls let us sleep in a little this morning. That means we stayed in bed until 5 am. It's going to be bad when the time Falls back in a week or so. Our scotties have always refused to participate in time changes, which has made life a bit interesting at times.

We had a hard freeze again last night. Our days have warmed up nicely but a change toward all cold weather is coming Friday.

My hand is responding well to the hot paraffin dips I've been doing. I can get a fair amount of relief for close to two hours from each treatment. My DD sent me the wax warmer along with several supplements that are supposed to help with inflamation.

Suzanne, I love your Ribbon Star quilt! That pattern is on my Make For Sure List. Yours is lovely

That's my morning in a nutshell. Not sure if we have any plans for the day.

Wishing everyone a blessed day.

Cathy F
October 24th, 2018, 09:50 AM
Morning all,

Looks like the sun is starting to peek out, not sure how warm it will be.

Yesterday I was out and about picking up some things I needed, then stopped on they way home and got my flu shot. Arm is a bit sore but other than that it was good.

Spent some time working on the craft fair items,, slowly but surely they are coming along. Each day I have the embroidery machine running as I work on other things. I think by December I will have enough items for a fair showing in my table. How are you doing Ginny on yours? Looking forward to meeting you!

Not sure what's on the agenda today. May have to make a quick run to the grocery store for the sidedishes to go with the pork chops for tonight. Cupboard is looking pretty bare. I've been shopping more on a daily basis at a smaller store lately, the regular grocery is just too large and too much walking on a bad knee.

Well, I need one more cup of coffee to get sufficiently caffeinated to start my day. Wishing everyone a good day! It was good to hear Bonnie isdoing better, and Carol's surgery was successful.

Ginny B
October 24th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Good morning everyone. Yesterday I had one of those days where everything seemed to move along at the perfect pace. I was able to get my laundry all done and folded and put away, got dinner prepped and also a nice salad for lunch today while still having time to complete a Secret Santa gift and work on a tablerunner for the craft fair. And then my son-in-law surprised Henry and I and got home early so I was back home before 4:30 so the evening was nice and relaxing. DH is grilling some burgers this evening so no cooking for me today. After I pick Henry up from school, we are headed to a local farm and will pick out a pumpkin and then head back here to do a little carving.

So happy to see Carol post yesterday and all went well with her procedure.

Have a wonderful day all.

BethB
October 24th, 2018, 10:23 AM
Morning everyone - It was a chilly morning here today --- upper 30's around 7 am when I took the dog out and now it is around 45. Tomorrow night is trick-or-treat in my township and it will be a tad chilly to sit out waiting for the kids to come around.

Suzanne, your friend was, or is, in Carlisle, PA. Carlisle is maybe 10-15 minutes from where I live. In fact, tomorrow morning, I will be in Carlisle for training for the election on Nov. 6.

Yesterday I wanted to do some embroidery. I set up the machine, got the hoop ready and pushed the start button. Oh, no!! I forgot to put the fabric on the hoop. I stopped the machine, decided I could still use the same stabilizer, lined up the fabric and again, pushed the start button. Oh, no!!! It was printing the design the wrong way. I forgot the image on the screen was sideways. So, I took the hoop out, tried to pick at the thread but it wasn't going anywhere. I took the table runner and stabilizer out of the hoop. Still not able to pick the stitches. Finally, I cut the stabilizer away, picked the stitches for the row of the table runner, then sewed the runner back up. It made the runner a bit smaller than it was, but it was pretty long to begin with. Then, I took it back to the embroidery machine, double checked that everything was correct and Success!! Finally. I couldn't believe I was that scatter brained yesterday.

Well, time to take the dog out again and get a few things done around here before I have to go for a hair appointment.

Hope everyone has a good day

Nancy

Bubby
October 24th, 2018, 11:16 AM
Morning everyone - It was a chilly morning here today --- upper 30's around 7 am when I took the dog out and now it is around 45. Tomorrow night is trick-or-treat in my township and it will be a tad chilly to sit out waiting for the kids to come around.

Suzanne, your friend was, or is, in Carlisle, PA. Carlisle is maybe 10-15 minutes from where I live. In fact, tomorrow morning, I will be in Carlisle for training for the election on Nov. 6.

Yesterday I wanted to do some embroidery. I set up the machine, got the hoop ready and pushed the start button. Oh, no!! I forgot to put the fabric on the hoop. I stopped the machine, decided I could still use the same stabilizer, lined up the fabric and again, pushed the start button. Oh, no!!! It was printing the design the wrong way. I forgot the image on the screen was sideways. So, I took the hoop out, tried to pick at the thread but it wasn't going anywhere. I took the table runner and stabilizer out of the hoop. Still not able to pick the stitches. Finally, I cut the stabilizer away, picked the stitches for the row of the table runner, then sewed the runner back up. It made the runner a bit smaller than it was, but it was pretty long to begin with. Then, I took it back to the embroidery machine, double checked that everything was correct and Success!! Finally. I couldn't believe I was that scatter brained yesterday.

Well, time to take the dog out again and get a few things done around here before I have to go for a hair appointment.

Hope everyone has a good day

Nancy

Nancy, I have days like that, even when making things I've done a dozen times or more!

Simply Quilting
October 24th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Good morning! Beautiful crisp fall day this morning. Yesterday I went to the local store and picked up the Hallmark Christmas ornament catalog. The children have fun looking through it to see which ornament that they want for Christmas. Our tradition is to try to get an ornament of something that they did or were interested in for the year. It is fun to get out previous years' ornaments and remember what the children were doing that year. I know it sounds early to be thinking about Christmas but we have ran into the issue of the ornaments being out of stock if we wait til December to order.

The uniforms that need the patches were dropped off last night. It doesn't look like it will be difficult as you just remove the old ones and put the new ones on. But it will have to wait a few days as I don't have any thread to match and neither does the local Walmart.

Lots going on today so I probably won't make it to the sewing room. We have Mystery Dinner Theater going on this week at church. Monday I was serving tables and last night was helping with prep work of the tea, coffee, water and ice before the play. Tonight and tomorrow night, I will be working in the kitchen. Because of scheduling, I was able to get some of my hand binding done while I was waiting yesterday. I am almost done with this table runner and just have one more to get done to be caught up for the moment on hand binding.

Monique, I am glad that Bonnie is feeling better.

Oh, Barb, what an early time for a potty break and even worse with the new time change coming. But they are our fur babies and we do love them.

Nancy, seems like some days nothing wants to work right when you have a project you would like to do.

Have a great day everyone :)

KarenC
October 24th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Well once again, it is now afternoon. Boy, where does the time go. Yesterday was quilt group at church and I managed to finish cutting everything for a lap quilt for them. Sewed 3 blocks together last night.

Well I got hung up reading a Danielle Steele novel last night and finally put the book down between 2-3 this morning. Needless to say, I was late for charity bee this morning. It started at 9:30, and I was still in bed. Managed to at least turn in 2 quilts I had completed for them as well as Christmas stockings, and had an hour to help cut charm squares before having to leave and go meat the quilt show chairs for 2020. I have volunteered to be in charge of volunteers for the next quilt show (March 2020). At least I don't have much to do until about 6 months before.

OK, it's time to go get busy now in the sewing room. Hope everyone has a great day.

geegeequilts
October 24th, 2018, 06:13 PM
Did you know that how addicting the internet is? Nope, not even close. I started out early this afternoon reading the thread about pressing seams open (sometimes I do). Then I saw a photo on the side about sock snowmen. I started out in my sewing/quilting life by doing crafts like a lot of us have. It was around 1:00 PM Georgia time. I am finally back to M* forum. I looked at so many sock snowmen, penguins, & the most adorable sachet dollies! I am definitely gonna make some of those before arthritis really takes over. Oh yeah, it is now 5:10PM. The internet tutorials operate like my mind does which operates like a pinball machine...here..there..no wait...over here..no no over yonder.

Sigh, I think I'm gonna eat an early dinner & go to bed. No...wait have to watch tv..no wait.....

Maybe I need a aspirin or 2.

Gina

JCY
October 24th, 2018, 06:30 PM
Good Afternoon ~ I'm very late today. I had no time early this a.m. & I've been too busy all day. Bible Study this a.m., followed by stops at Wendy's, 2 groc. stores, & the bank. I have beets cooking on the stove, almost ready to skin & cut up. I've already cut up 2 large filets of salmon for the freezer for DH's lunches. (He eats salmon every day for lunch.) So he's good for another month or so.

It's a lovely day. High so far is 72. I have the front door open. With 3 kettles of beets (16 lg. beets) on cooking, the kitchen really heated up.

Yest. I sandwiched a sample of the latest quilt for practice. I've decided my Tiara no longer likes cotton thread. The last 2 times I tried to use it, I had skipped stitches, etc., so I've resumed FMQ with the Glide. That's going smoothly. I got started on the D9P baby quilt. I really doubt if I can have this one done by Sat. a.m., but we'll see. With my L. hand going numb, I can quilt only 30-40 min. at a time.

Well, after a frustrating time of communication with the lawn service yest., we finally got our lawn mowed. I had requested just a regular mowing. When the crew got here (3 new guys who have never done our yard), they started in doing a fall clean-up. I made sure they knew it was just a mowing, not a clean-up. Most of the leaves still are on the trees! So the lawn got mowed & looks nice. That fall winterizer fertilizer I applies several weeks ago is keeping it nice & green. If the weather stays warm, I'll have to drag out the hoses to water.

Well, the timer is buzzing, so the beets are done. That's all for now.

grammaterry
October 24th, 2018, 09:14 PM
I was here this morning but the cat wouldn't let me communicate with you. So I held him and loved ;him and enjoyed his company. Then I made the curtain for the newly remodeled room and DH hung the curtain rod for me. He said It took longer to pt the rod up than it took me to make the curtain.
Then, I played with the embroider machine and designed the situpon for my Christmas Craft project. All in all a good day. Made some eggplant parmegian for DH for supper. He should be here any minute from his afternoon hunt

SuzanneOrleansOntario
October 25th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Suzanne, your friend was, or is, in Carlisle, PA. Carlisle is maybe 10-15 minutes from where I live. In fact, tomorrow morning, I will be in Carlisle for training for the election on Nov.

Nancy

Yes I realized that my friend was near you, but as I know they are on mission to get to Florida, they left the next day. She did say that they toured around and it was really pretty there. I don't know if there is a LQS, or if she went shopping for fabric. Her bin of fabric on their first trip was damaged/lost in the accident. Since they are travelling in SUV only this time, she might wait to shop when she get to her winter home.