PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday hellos

Monique
October 23rd, 2018, 08:18 AM
Good morning friends. It has been a busy morning so far. I am trying to get a parcel together for Maizyn as it is Free Shipping Tuesday here in Canada. It was hard to get the proper measurements for it to qualify. New pants and some treats, she should be happy.

I was in to see Bonnie yesterday but she wasn't feeling well. Her stomach was upset probably from something she ate the night before. I didn't stay long. I was undecided about what to do so I came home instead. Ends up I was asked to work today from 9-1. Then this afternoon Les and I are going to go do what I wanted to do yesterday.

So that is what my day will be like.

Have an awesome day my friends, you deserve it. Well, you deserve it every day.

Ginny B
October 23rd, 2018, 08:30 AM
Good morning Monique and all to follow. Busy morning here too. It's laundry day. Yesterday I spent a good portion of the morning in my sewing room and got a couple of projects completed. Today I will work on a couple other things for the craft fair.

Sorry to hear that Bonnie was feeling poorly yesterday. I will continue to keep her in my prayers as well as Carol. I hope all went well with her surgery yesterday and that her recovery will be swift.

Time to switch out the laundry. Have a good day all.

Star lover
October 23rd, 2018, 08:47 AM
Mornin everyone!

Monique, I hope you're aork day goes by fast and you get onto doin something you love!
So sorry to hear about Bonnie, I'll keep her and you in my prayers.
Ginny, yup, laundry going too today. But just 1 load.

Spent almost 2 hours cleaning up all the limbs and branches that came down in the wind over the weekend. Have a small pile DH will have to use a saw on - too much for me. So I'm sore today, and have lots of errands to do later. So time to clean some of the house, a few chore, then off.

Hope Carol's suregery went well yesterday and we hear how she's doing soon.

Have a great day all!

JCY
October 23rd, 2018, 09:07 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ The weather yest. was a surprise. Lovely sunny day; it got up to 77 deg. Chance of showers tonight. I called the lawn service & asked them to mow. They'll be by this a.m.

The house still smells like freshly baked bread from yesterday's baking. In between I kept the laundry going; did 4 loads. I made it to the sewing room. Finished assembling the D9P quilt top & got it sandwiched & pin basted last eve. I still need to mach. baste the perimeter. I have a 2 block sample ready to sandwich for FMQ practice. I hope to get going on the quilting today.

I'll be glad when the election is over & we can get rid of all these negative political ads on TV. Our big contest is the race for governor.

Have a great day.

Bubby
October 23rd, 2018, 09:45 AM
Good Morning...Not much going on here this morning. We may drive up to Columbia today to pick up one of Jeff's deer stands that's on property belonging to some friends. It has been up there too long and Jeff doesn't hunt there anymore. He has been hunting locally the last few years so he doesn't have to be gone overnight.

The Girls are thrilled that Jeff is home to spend more time with them...I'm thrilled to have the help.

I hope Bonnie feels better soon, Monique. Side effects of meds and treatments can be brutal.

I'm off to cook breakfast for my Hubby. Have a great day everyone!

KarenC
October 23rd, 2018, 10:06 AM
Good morning everyone. The temps have been nice here lately with a bIt of rain sprinkled in. Had a wonderful day with my BFF yesterday. She was in town with her hubby for a board meeting. This is the 2nd time I have seen her this year and have a trip planned to her home in Tahoe in November. We usually go 1-2 years without seeing each other.

Today is quilt group at the church. Last week I started cutting some squares and strips for a quilt. Today I think I will sew the strip sets I have cut so hopefully I can determine how much more fabric will be needed. I know I will need more black and have none in my stash. Just learned that a scrappy 4 patch quilt (full size) I made for this group earlier in the year sold for $500 in the silent auction last weekend.

I finished the binding on my friend's 2nd t shirt quilt yesterday. She will pick it up on Wednesday.this should be another busy week.

Prayers for Bonnie and Carol. May everyone have a good and blessed days.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
October 23rd, 2018, 10:31 AM
Good morning ladies,

I'm hoping to keep this day quiet, maybe a bit of yardwork if it warms up a bit or maybe just some sewing. Or maybe just vegging.

I had a wonderful massage yesterday, followed by dropping off my mom's laundry. She was laying down and a bit slow, but she enjoyed looking at the quilt blocks I made this weekend. Then I went to my daughter's place to iron name labels in the clothes that she picked up for fall/winter. If it's not labelled, it's as good as gone at the daycare and school. I also folded 2 loads of laundry, picked up, emptied and reloaded her dishwasher. She was working from home yesterday, and she does work. She picked up the 3 kiddos and got back before I was gone. The oldest has been misbehaving lately and after making his brother and sister cry, I had to step in. I don't play favorites and feel strongly that he must learn that there are consequences to his actions. When I got home I made squash soup for today and finished sewing the binding on blue quilt. Yeah, done.

My thoughts are with everyone recovering from medical procedures. Enjoy your day, life is too short to do otherwise.

baslp
October 23rd, 2018, 12:08 PM
Good morning everyone. We are enjoying our last day here in SD. We almost did not have a wedding yesterday. On Sunday night my brother happened to be watching the local news and saw that the mayor of Deadwood died unexpectedly Saturday night. He was the justice of the peace that was going to perform my nephew’s ceremony on Monday. Luckily my brother was able to find someone else to do the service Monday morn. The ceremony started at 1. I found more fabric to take back at another local shop before I went to the wedding.

Have a great rest of the day.

Beth

Cokie
October 23rd, 2018, 01:07 PM
I'm finishing up a cup of coffee and then going to shower and go to work. I stayed home this morning- I was up sick most of the night. Not sure what happened there, but obviously ate something that didn't agree with me. I did some sewing last night - making some in-the-hoop bags for Christmas gifts. I've finished 4 of them and am finally getting the hang of how to do them. I'm really happy with how they've turned out. I'm going to add a matching key fob and tissue cover for each one. It's a beautiful fall day - mostly sunny and in the 50's. The leaves are really changing and beginning to fall from the trees. Not sure what the evening holds after work but it will most likely include watching the World Series.

Have a blessed day everyone!

KPH
October 23rd, 2018, 01:15 PM
Good Afternoon All,

It's over cast this morning, expecting rain shortly from what the weather man just said. I'm alright with that.

The little ones, or I should say the sniffley ones, were here this morning. I sprayed the house down with Lysol! Mike's not happy, but I'd rather spray and not get it than let the germs grow!

I worked mainly on bowl cozies yesterday. I still have a stack to put darts in, then I'll start pairing and sewing them together.

Hope's quilt is on the way to IN. The long arm ladies called yesterday, the pattern I chose is being used on another quilt, so they wanted to know if I'd let them change to one that's similar. I said sure, if that means it will come home quicker, I'm all for it!

Joy, I'm with you! I'm sick and tired of all of the negative ads, just fact checking some of them will make you wonder if either candidate is worthy. I guess it doesn't really matter, as I've already turned in my votes.

Best get busy if I want to get anything done today.

Prayers for those in need for healing touches, comfort, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Carol336
October 23rd, 2018, 03:06 PM
Good afternoon all....yes it's actually me. Surgery went well...new dual chamber pacemaker put in, but decided not to put the defibrillator in at this time - maybe somewhere down the road. It's very confusing but they didn't remove any of the old wires and instead inserted another wire into the bottom chamber and immediately my heart began beating more in sync - mind you these are laymans terms - LOL. The worse part was that in being prepared in case they had to do open heart surgery they put in a breathing tube. And for some reason, since have Sleep Apnea they had to tape my eyes closed....well this girl is allergic to tape, which I did tell them numerous times. When I came to in the recovery tube and opened my eyes - it felt like there was grit in them and they burned horribly...and were very very swollen. Spent a terrible night in the hospital, but woke feeling much better. According to DH I was given several doses of Benedryl and became very loopy and funny - I honestly find that hard to believe - LOL.
Anyway - just came home...Praise God!!! Feeling pretty good.
Thank you everyone for all the wonderful thoughts and prayers - it really meant the world to me knowing so many were thinking and praying for me. I am blessed indeed to have such awesome friends.
Off now to take a little nap.
C

Almost forgot the most important part. My instructions are:
No driving for 1 week. - I can live with that
No heave lifting for 30 days. - don't do this one anyway
Do not raise arm above shoulder for 30 days - and at this one my first thought was - phew I can sew!!!!!

KPH
October 23rd, 2018, 03:34 PM
Glad you're home and recouping with relative ease.

It's amazing how easily they work on the heart these days. I hope your continued recovery is uneventful!

Star lover
October 23rd, 2018, 03:53 PM
So thankful Carol all went well. Praise the Lord! How I wanted to hit thank you more than once!
I too am allergic to tape......complete with red wrist band.....yet they always use it........so thankful you're recovering from this too.
And yeah!! Sewing was the prescription.....right.....doctors orders.......yippee!.....I know he must have said that.......

Simply Quilting
October 24th, 2018, 12:21 AM
Carol, so glad that the surgery went well and you are home. So sorry to hear about the tape. And what great news that you can go back to sewing sooner than later.

pcbatiks
October 24th, 2018, 12:28 AM
Happy to hear from you Carol! Glad everything went well!