PDA

View Full Version : Monday hellos

Monique
October 22nd, 2018, 08:39 AM
Good morning friends. Not sure what the weather will be today other than cold. I sure hope we don't any white stuff.

Les and I had a great day yesterday. We made it to the Antique Market in Ottawa and Greg and Ashley met us there. Then we went to their place for a while and then it was off to supper. So yes, it was a great day. Les bought a few small things and I purchased a new chain.

I spoke with Bonnie last night. The drain is doing its work, the pain has lessened which is a good thing. Not sure when she will get sprung. So I have a few things to pick up for her and will visit a little later. I am thinking of going to Fabricland as they have interfacing for sale. We shall see. Les has to work today so it would be a good idea to do that today.

Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
October 22nd, 2018, 08:48 AM
Mornin Monique and all.....

How wonderful, antiques and family! So happy for you Monique.
Thankful Bonnie is feeling better. I'll keep her in my prayers.

We had a wild and windy weekend! Large limbs down all over the yard..... my job for today is cleaning up. Thankful we kept power.

Carol (Carol336) is in surgery now. She's been a bit freaked out by all the docs have said and she's put a brave front on. But I'm thinking she's a bit scared.....so if you would pray for her, I know she would appreciate it. She's having a dual chamber device with defibrillator surgery on her heart.

Hope everyone has a safe, peaceful.....and pieceful day! Love and hugs.

Monique
October 22nd, 2018, 08:50 AM
Mornin Monique and all.....

How wonderful, antiques and family! So happy for you Monique.
Thankful Bonnie is feeling better. I'll keep her in my prayers.

We had a wild and windy weekend! Large limbs down all over the yard..... my job for today is cleaning up. Thankful we kept power.

Carol (Carol336) is in surgery now. She's been a bit freaked out by all the docs have said and she's put a brave front on. But I'm thinking she's a bit scared.....so if you would pray for her, I know she would appreciate it. She's having a dual chamber device with defibrillator surgery on her heart.

Hope everyone has a safe, peaceful.....and pieceful day! Love and hugs.

I will add a prayer for Carol.

KPH
October 22nd, 2018, 09:02 AM
Good Morning!

I'm glad Bonnie is getting some relief! I'll keep her in my prayers.

Yesterday, the kiddos woke up snuffly and Jim and Morgan decided to keep them home. Jim went to Sunday School, left early and Morgan went to church. I skipped, it just sounded like it was going to be complicated to put me in the mix. Mike wanted to go to St. Augustine, and we were planning to go after church, so we just went a little earlier and stayed a little later. It was the perfect day to go with temps in the 70s and a nice breeze.

We hit the outlets for me to pick up jeans, then to the old city. We walked along the shops, picked up poker chips from the Harley store for Mike and BIL. I bought a tee for BIL with the pirate/ St. Augustine on the back. We went to the Governor's House Museum, the and the oldest house, a delicious lunch with fresh seafood and fries with clam chowder, delicious doesn't even begin to describe it. I know where we'll be eating when we go back!

Once we left the old city, we went to the Fountain of Youth. That was so interesting, nothing like what I was expecting. Mike really enjoyed it. I told him we would be grounded the rest of the week, we'd spent plenty enough money for one day (my jeans were the biggest part of the expense!)

Today, for family dinner, it's going to be meatloaf. I'll need to pick up some veggies while we're out mailing Hope's quilt. Then I'll be working on bowl cozies. I cut the batting into strips and sewed the layer cake pieces on the diagonal. I'll cut them apart today, and stitch the darts. I've used just about a whole layer cake, surely that will make enough for all of the Tuell/ McFarland families. I need to get family counts again!

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, comfort, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings. Prayers for those rebuilding from our recent storms, it looks like those impacted from Michael may get more rain from another hurricane coming across from the Pacific later this week.

KPH
October 22nd, 2018, 09:09 AM
Lifting prayers for Carol, and a young mother that's a college friend of one of our church families.

She was in a car wreck this weekend and it doesn't look good. The children were alright, but mom had serious spinal injuries. She had surgery yesterday, and they're hoping with intensive therapy she might walk again.

JCY
October 22nd, 2018, 09:09 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ What a gorgeous day we had yest.! Our high temp. was 82! I had both the front & back doors & a couple windows open to bring in the fresh air. I imagine that will be our highest temp. for a long time. Only 60's are in the forecast. Chance of rain on Tues.

Yest. a.m. was church; I came right home. Put the kettle of Anasazi beans on to cook. Two 1 lb. pkgs. always makes 7 freezer containers. I need to get to Walmart & restock my supply. I had almost an hr. to sew. Got all the blocks sewn together & some of the rows. The baby shower is Sat., so I'll have to hustle in order to get this one done in time. In the eve. I had a long chat with DS#2. I'm looking forward to his visit next mo.

Today I'll be baking DH's 2 loaves of spelt bread & doing laundry. Prayers for Carol that all goes well with no complications.

Ginny B
October 22nd, 2018, 09:44 AM
Good morning all. It's a cool morning here. Not minding the coolness. I was ready for fall. We had a very nice weekend. On .Saturday we ran a number of errands in the morning and then headed to a friend's house to finally exchange Christmas gifts from last Christmas and also celebrate our birthdays. Things just never worked out for us to get together until now. We had a wonderful visit and we are determined to not let it go that long again between visits. He is having cataract surgery this morning and was a bit nervous about it and dh was able to share his experience with his. He appreciated his input. We were home in time to watch the Dodger/Brewer game and dh was very happy that his Dodgers won and are moving on to the World Series. Then yesterday we had our granddaughter Lily's 3rd birthday party. That was a lot of fun. I can't believe our little princess is 3 already and our little Zeke will be turning 2 in December.

Today I will spend a lot of time in my sewing room. I have an order I need to complete which will only take about 30 minutes and then I will be working on a Secret Santa gift and also some things for the craft fair in December. It will be the first time doing this fair and Cathy F. will be there too and I am so looking forward to meeting her. :icon_bigsmile:

I am happy to hear Bonnie is on the mend and prayers for Carol as they implant the new device today and also for that young mom involved in the car accident.

Be well everyone and have a marvelous Monday.

grammaterry
October 22nd, 2018, 10:21 AM
House got cleaned yesterday and I stuffed a fabric rug into the crack of the sliding glass door that was leaking air like a sieve. While looking for that old rug I found enough old drapery fabric to make a curtain for the newly remodeled room. At least I think there is enough. I washed it last night and will measure it this morning.
Sewed for a time but then DH broke his wood splitter. He was cutting a hickory log and the giant steel beam cracked and threatened to break in half. He took it off and straightened it back out by driving the excavater over the top of it and then he spent the next 9 hours welding steel to each side of the crack. That hickory is some treally tough wood.
My embroidered quilt is coming along but I am never going to be happy with it. have you ever made a quilt you just wanted to throw away?

pcbatiks
October 22nd, 2018, 10:26 AM
Praying for Carol too.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
October 22nd, 2018, 11:27 AM
Good morning ladies,

I'm enjoying my 2nd cup of coffee. Already washed and folded 3 loads of laundry, just towels to go. Emptied dishwasher, restored sewing room post-retreat and made phone calls for services to be set up.

I'm happy that Bonnie is feeling less pain and will keep Carol in my thoughts today as she undergoes surgery. Prayers for healing for everyone. Before I went to retreat Sunday morning, I called my GF Heather who was in car/camper accident in October on their way to their home to Florida. Everything was written off, so they are waiting for insurance to come through. They will drive down again, as soon as her bruises and ribs have healed. I feel bad as she was always a nervous passenger, and this didn't help. They still have no word about their cat that escaped the wreckage in Virginia. This has her very upset. This time they will not buying a camper. This one was smaller and new from this year. They sold their large one last year, as relatives who visit now usually rent a place. I will go visit this week.

Katrina - I really want to visit St-Augustine, for the history and beauty. Oh, and because of your food recommendations.

Ginny - how nice for grand daughter birthday. I missed my granddaughter birthday yesterday. Bad grandma. Olivia was 5 and her party was a haunted house theme with over 20 screaming kid & parents. DH went and stayed an hour, and got a headache and left. We will have them over for dinner later this week. My other granddaughter Cassandra will be 3 in a few weeks, and now the parents are doing kiddies parties, so the grandparents can celebrate separately in a more quiet zone.

So at retreat I finished the blocks and added sashing and added the cornerstones to the sashing rows. I didn't piece the top as I want to arrange it on my design wall. It should be easy enough to finish and then add border. Picture of blocks. Also used the Accuquilt to make black cats.

155677. 155678

It's municipal voting day for councillors, mayor and school board trustees. Our councillor resigned mid term, and we have 13 people vying for the position. I also have a massage this afternoon. Yeah!

Enjoy your day. Stay warm. Stay safe. Be creative.

Simply Quilting
October 22nd, 2018, 11:58 AM
Good morning! The sun is shining here. Dh is working on some little projects around the house this morning. Laundry is one of the big things on my agenda for today. I am hoping to get some sewing done today. I found some additional blocks for little ones I spy quilt so going to try to get those pieced today. Then add that row on to the bottom of the quilt. A friend asked if I could sew patches on his uniform, I told him I would take a look at it.

Prayers for Carol.

Have a good day everyone :)

Mimi_Howard
October 22nd, 2018, 12:14 PM
@GrammaTerry... Yes on the throw away... first time (and only time so far) that I tried to FMQ an entire quilt, well that is the one in the trunk of my car, one only a mother could love. On the windy cracks, I saved all my clippings and super small pieces and when I got enough I made what I call my "wind worm". Long tublar thingy that I put up next to the closed door and it blocks all the wind from under the door. It is heavy too so it doesn't move! Doesn't exactly fit in with the decor, but those ninja turtles on the fabric are doing their job!

oldsewer
October 22nd, 2018, 05:31 PM
Terry, batting strips (scraps) work great for sealing up drafty cracks. You can take a screwdriver and really stuff it in there. (I live in an old house).

Mimi_Howard
October 22nd, 2018, 08:46 PM
Thank you oldsewer for the tip. I never thought of doing that in the window cracks! Lot easier than putting up winter curtains, longer curtains that don't move so easily with the woooshing of the outside wind.