PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl in the Fog

toggpine
October 22nd, 2018, 03:08 AM
We have had a lot of fog this last week. It had been burning off by noon, but these last couple of days it has been almost 2 before we see the sun. According to the weather people, we have one more day of no rain, then it rolls back in on Tuesday. Nobody really wants the rain, but we do need it. We are below our average this year, and that won't be good in the long run.

I spent most of the day in the sewing room! I turned on the football games after I finished my audiobook. The Seahawks have a bye week, so I was just listening for company. I did see the end of the Bears/Patriots game. That was an amazing throw and the most disappointing 36 inches ever for that poor guy.
I had the Rams/49ers game on. I was in the sewing room when I heard the announcer say they were going to switch to broadcasting a more competitive game. I peeked around the corner and the camera panned out for a view of something, and there wasn't anybody in the stands either!

I have 4 of the diaper/tote bags cut and in various stages of completion.
I'm trying some new fabric for the bottom of a set of them. It is a metallic pleather type material. I thought my machine might balk at it, but both Bernette and the serger sewed through it like butter. I'll see what happens at the next stage when there is more than one layer. I purposefully tried to keep it to a minimum of layers as it thicker than even the denim I have used.
I should have no problem completing the one before Tuesday's Grand-baby shower.

I also realized I didnt buy enough fabric for the intended project when I was at the store two days ago! Dang it! I needed 2/3 instead of 1/2. I think I can still make it work, but I may have to seam it.
Note to self: consider making a photo file in my phone of all of my go-to patterns with fabric amounts. Then, when inspiration strikes, I don't have to guess!

I have a couple of more seams to finish for the night. Then I shall tuck into the nest for some Zzz's before too late, as work beckons!
I hope everything is well in your neck of the woods!
Hugs, Cathy

bubba
October 22nd, 2018, 02:16 PM
The sun was barely out yesterday in Tacoma. I went out Ubering late afternoon and it was still foggy, plus the paper plant was going and lots of steam was coming out of that!

Sandy Navas
October 22nd, 2018, 02:19 PM
Does your paper plant smell like rotting cabbage?

KPH
October 22nd, 2018, 02:36 PM
Oh the memories that brings back, driving to Great Grandma's through Canton. Holy moley that smell! Even after all of these years, I can still remember the lovely bouquet of the paper plant there!

MSN
October 23rd, 2018, 02:10 AM
My dad worked in a paper plant, though not in the mill itself. He would come home smelling like cardboard and glue. Could have been worse.

bubba
October 23rd, 2018, 02:23 AM
Does your paper plant smell like rotting cabbage?

You know, I guess it does. The smell has never bothered me, because I grew up with it.

The fog tonight was some of the worse I've ever seen! Up on the north end of town, I could only see about 15' ahead of me. Imagine my surprise when I saw two of the biggest deer I have ever seen right next to the road! In the fog, they looked quite eerie.