PDA

View Full Version : jealous dog?

Astatoo
October 18th, 2018, 12:36 PM
Could my dog be jealous of a quilt? This is the second day in a row that I have been busy with binding- a clients quilts so no dogs allowed on lap or sitting on quilt in any way-and he will not let me alone. He keeps finding slippers, shoes even has brought papers he finds on tables or desks which means he is going into closets and on top of desks. I have a pile of stuff right next to my recliner. He usually reserves this behavior for when I am on the phone.

auntstuff
October 18th, 2018, 12:42 PM
Not so much jealous as simply wanting the attention you are giving to something else.

LLLinda
October 18th, 2018, 12:45 PM
Try keeping a special toy or a large bone for him when you are doing handwork. Just like a child you will need to find something else for him to do.

Carlie Wolf
October 18th, 2018, 06:18 PM
He's seeking your attention because he senses your total attention is on something else.

At the point that he becomes jealous of your attention elsewhere he will remove it. Probably either pee or poo on it so it has his scent or chew it up into a shredded mess :-)

auntstuff
October 18th, 2018, 06:36 PM
Thats pretty neurotic behavior. Even my CAT wouldn't do that!

Vonnie
October 18th, 2018, 10:11 PM
Thats pretty neurotic behavior. Even my CAT wouldn't do that!

I had one dog that if he was feeling neglected, he would poop on the carpet and then walk through it.

My SIL had a dog that would pee on her bed.

JCY
October 18th, 2018, 11:17 PM
Oh my goodness, save me from jealous, attention seeking dogs! In our 43 yrs. of marriage, we've had no pets. The kids had gold fish or guppies. No dogs or cats. We used to take all of DH's 4 wks. of vacation at one time, so it would not have been fair for a pet to be kenneled that long or ask someone else to care for them.

TMP
October 19th, 2018, 02:25 AM
When Sandy was a tiny puppy I caught her in my sewing room with the backing to a quilt. I must have scarred her so bad, she will not come into the room at all. I have a bed in front of the door where she can lay and watch me. She piles all her chew toys in front of the door and I can't tell you how many times I have almost fallen. Ohh btw the picture is not Sandy that is my son's dog Harvey with my grandbabies.

Bee happy
October 19th, 2018, 04:22 AM
When my dog was a puppy she was on my lap while I was chewing a piece of bubble gum. I blew a bubble and when it popped it made a loud noise and kind of stuck to my lips. That poor dog flew off my lap and howled looking for a place to hid. I got the gum off of my mouth and went to comfort her. She did forgive me but has been fearful of gum ever since. If I forget and chew a piece while I am driving she slides off the seat and disappears between the seat and the car door. She is 11 now and still can’t tolerate gum chewing. Gretchen