PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thursday!!

Monique
October 18th, 2018, 08:54 AM
Good morning. The sun is making an appearance today. Yesterday was an ugly day filled with rain and snow. No accumulation but just a cold ugly day. I didn't expect to go anywhere but ended up driving Bonnie for her blood work. She wasn't feeling strong enough to go herself. We weren't gone long. And then I really didn't do much of anything the rest of the day.

I am not going to say that today I will go in the sewing room as it may not happen. Hubby is going to the camp tomorrow with another buddy. He should be back Saturday sometime. Other than that not much going on around here.

Have a great day everyone.

JCY
October 18th, 2018, 09:03 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ I had a busy day yest. with Bible Study in the morning, then several errands afterwards. I took my car through the car wash; it was splattered from the previous rain/snow. Had a quick lunch at Wendy's. I found new bathroom rugs at Kohl's for both bathrooms. Also some PJ bottoms. It always takes time to try on clothes. With all items on sale, plus my Kohl's coupon, which turned out to be 30%, I saved a bundle! After all that, I never made it to the sewing room. In the eve. I watched Survivor.

The temp. yest. got up to 68 deg. It should be that warm today as well as the rest of the week. Maybe this afternoon I can get my flower pots on the patio emptied out. This a.m. I'll be mixing up my turkey patties . Maybe I'll get to the sewing room this eve.

KPH
October 18th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Good Morning Monique and those who follow.

You had snow, and we had another day of record highs. Mike's going to burn up when he gets home, it's not been over mid60s in CT since he left home.

Last night, DS1 called. He was in the emergency room. He fell while carrying Esther. She was fine, he on the other hand was not. At that point, he was thinking he might have broken his shoulder, possibly had a concussion. Thank goodness Morgan's family could help him out. Morgan was already at work, his MIL and GMIL sat with the kids, GFIL drove him to the hospital and I sat here feeling awful because I can't drive to do anything. Oh well, better safe at home than out and endangering others.

He's not broken, sprained and bruised up. He's going to feel just grand today, I'm sure. I hope he'll get checked out by ortho, to make sure it's nothing ripped or torn in that joint.

Home school will go on as normal, Nana and Nandy will drop him off. Best get busy!

Monique
October 18th, 2018, 09:16 AM
Good Morning Monique and those who follow.

You had snow, and we had another day of record highs. Mike's going to burn up when he gets home, it's not been over mid60s in CT since he left home.

Last night, DS1 called. He was in the emergency room. He fell while carrying Esther. She was fine, he on the other hand was not. At that point, he was thinking he might have broken his shoulder, possibly had a concussion. Thank goodness Morgan's family could help him out. Morgan was already at work, his MIL and GMIL sat with the kids, GFIL drove him to the hospital and I sat here feeling awful because I can't drive to do anything. Oh well, better safe at home than out and endangering others.

He's not broken, sprained and bruised up. He's going to feel just grand today, I'm sure. I hope he'll get checked out by ortho, to make sure it's nothing ripped or torn in that joint.

Home school will go on as normal, Nana and Nandy will drop him off. Best get busy!

Yes he will feel it more so today for sure. I hope he heals quickly.

grammaterry
October 18th, 2018, 09:29 AM
40 degrees this morning. Guess warm was too much to expect. Put another quilt on the bed last night and slept cozy
Embroider project is coming along. I can't quite get the hang of centering. I guess that will come in time. I contacted the quilt shop where I bought the machine to let them know the USB stick is missing. I asked them to have Viking send one but her only answer was to tell me that it should have been in a brown cardboard envelope behind the machine. Well, it wasn't. I guess its not a big deal but I hope they send one just to make me have faith in companies.'
We put the cat door in the sliding door last night and Earl cat just looked at it like it was a foreign object. He's been using it for 6 years and we had to teach him all over again.
Well, gang, I'm ready for spring. lol

Ginny B
October 18th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Good morning everyone. It's a chilly but sunny morning here. Nice fall day. Yesterday I did get to finish another order for burp cloths and then immediately received another order. I also had a nice visit with a former co-worker. She came over on her lunch hour and we had a nice visit.

Monique, glad you have some sunshine today and I hope you get into your sewing room. Joy, I just missed seeing the snow on the Rockies. My brother and sis in law have sent me pictures and it sure is beautiful. Katrina, so sorry to hear about your son's mishap. I hope he heals quickly. Terry, you will get the centering down. Do you still have the box the machine came in? Double check that it didn't fall off. If it was supposed to be in a cardboard envelope on the back of the machine, it might have fallen off and just looked like part of the packing material.

OK, time to get my day moving along. I have already gotten two loads of laundry done and I may put in another one. I've got a slipcover to wash and was waiting for a nice day to put it outside to dry and it looks like this might be the day.

Have a good day everyone.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
October 18th, 2018, 11:26 AM
Good morning ladies and those who follow,
I slept in, and feeling pretty run down. I think I need to recharge my batteries. Oh it's fall, pre-winter cold weather.

Yesterday was busy. In the morning, I helped to cut 3 rolls of batting and backing for Victoria quilts. They are cut and folded and ready to be picked up at the area leader's home by the individual groups. Dorothy & I went to Starbucks after and I had a caramel sea salt mocha. Oooh, the sugar rush, but so delicious. It was a treat. Then I had appt at bank to resolve issue with fraudulent withdrawals. Turned out there were also smaller ones which I wondered, and just thought I had bought fabric somewhere. Turned out these were part of this mystery deposit and withdrawals. The account was closed for withdrawals and balance moved to a new account. I have left it open for pension deposits until I can reach them with new info. The monies will be credited, and luckily no other accounts were compromised. Even our bank rep was frustrated with the responses from the fraud dept as we were on conference call. Then I had dinner with my GFs. We went to a Portuguese restaurant. I had the grilled salmon and shrimp cakes, and oh, a big glass of wine. Delicious.

Today, a load of laundry is almost done. Then to clean up and start packing for the weekend retreat. I think I will only go a few days and not stay all day. I am just not in the mood. I have too much to do at home. DH has also not been feeling great for a week, but no major symptoms. This morning he was dizzy. His BP is normal, so not sure what's going on. I will pick up his son as he needs to wash his comforter in our large machine and make quick supper. I have to pick up mom's laundry, but really not feeling the love. She upsets me so much & DH is upset when I get upset.

Katrina - I hope your son is ok. It's sometimes these innocent falls that give us issues later in life. Best to get all checked out.
Joy - I also need to empty my flower pots, but the flowers are still gorgeous. I know if I don't do it soon, the ground will freeze in the pots. DH also hasn't closed the pond. I also got some Allium bulbs to plant from my GS school fundraiser.

Enjoy your day. Be safe. Be warm. Stay dry.

KarenC
October 18th, 2018, 05:29 PM
Good afternoon everyone. Yesterday was a good day. Had lunch with a girl that I will be working with at Quilt Festival in a few weeks. Pleasant lunch and conversation. Sounds like I will be worn out from set up on Tuesday and Wednesday, since she won't be working those days. After lunch and a trip to the library, I came home and quilted a charity quilt for the guild. Finished putting the binding on it this morning. Now, I am off to begin the sashing on a t shirt quilt for a customer.

Terry, I would double check the box your machine came in again. Maybe the envelope fell off and fell between the flaps of the box. I've had that happen to me before when I thought I had checked everywhere.

JCY
October 18th, 2018, 07:46 PM
Hi, again! ~ I'm back. Am I pooped! After mixing up the turkey patties this a.m., I had a snack, changed my clothes, then went out to work in the yard. It was sunny; the temp. got up to 72 deg. Got the flower pots bagged up & put in the toter. I pulled/cut some long grass in the flower bed along the patio, trimmed back some perennials, banked leaves around 4 clematis & a mini rose bush. With the snow & freeze, the next door neighbor's honey locust tree shed a lot of leaves, many of which covered our driveway & were in the curb gutter. I was too tired to drag out the leaf blower, but I swept the majority of them up with the push broom. I discovered a pile of raccoon scat next to the one clematis, so I had to clean that up before banking the leaves there. My neighbors have a problem with the coons going under their deck. She said one day one was on their deck looking in the sun room windows. She thinks they may have to call an exterminator to trap them & relocate them. Another neighbor has an apple tree, so that's also an attraction for them. It always amazes me the wild life one contends with in the city. We don't even live on the edge of town, but the nearby creek probably also is an attraction.

By the time I finished outside after 2.5 hrs., my work clothes were damp with sweat. I was ready for food & a 2nd bath.

Suzanne ~ Regarding your compromised account ~ DH closely tracks all our stuff. He checks the credit card balance & checking acct. balance daily. He keeps his own record of all purchases so he would know immed. if there was an unauthorized charge. I hope you get that all straightened out soon. It's so frustrating when that happens.

Well, I'm ready for a cup of coffee & will relax in the recliner for a bit. It's almost news time.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 18th, 2018, 08:02 PM
Hello friends! Our weather here has been cool and not a cloud in the sky! My neighbor had some landscapers working on her yard, reseeding the lawn after aerating. We share a section of lawn between our houses, she had them do my half also. Then I asked the guys if they wanted to seed my yard also, so they did that. Got to keep up with the neighbors! We all try to keep our lawns looking nice here on our court, and mine was looking pretty shabby! One neighbor two houses down completely scraped up his entire lawn BY HAND and reseeded. It looks fabulous! So I have some catching up to do in order not to have the shabbiest looking place!

Took advantage of the gorgeous weather to go to the park to walk. I was religious about going everyday to prepare for our trip to Ireland with my siblings in September. Good thing I did that, some days we walked over 8 miles, and climbed plenty of cliffs! Tomorrow it is supposed to be raining, so I may not have a chance to get out. Looking forward to some Indian summer weather where I can walk without swathing up with coats!

Hope you all had a good day!