PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday hellos!!!

Monique
October 16th, 2018, 08:28 AM
Good morning. We had quite the windy night, not sure if there are any leaves still on the trees this morning. And we didn't lose power either which is amazing.

Well I didn't get done what I wanted to yesterday as far as sewing goes. I cleaned up the dining room instead, put stuff away. I may a big turkey dinner and took some over to Bonnie's along with a mouse trap. She called to let me know she so enjoyed the dinner and she has enough left over for today. A little while later, she called to tell me that she caught the mouse. Win, win.

This morning I have Victoria' Quilts. I am also having laptop issues. My laptop is currently working on a monitor. I shall try and see what I can do to fix this. My laptop screen may be dead or maybe not. That is what I will do later.

Have a great day my friends.

P/S I saw a FB post from Blondie that her power is back on after 5 days. All is well her way.

Ginny B
October 16th, 2018, 09:04 AM
Good morning Monique and all to follow. We had a bit of a windy night here too along with a few periods of rain. This morning the wind has died down a bit and the sun is actually shining. Yay!

DH and I got a few more things accomplished yesterday including talking about a plan for when he retires. I believe he is getting close to being ready to say "I'm done". I think the earliest he would retire would be in March.

Not sure just what I will accomplish today yet. I do have a phone appointment with Soc. Security to apply for benefits under dh's name. Hopefully it won't take too long. I also need to get dinner into the crockpot and then hopefully get to spend some time in my sewing room.

Glad to hear Blondie has her power back on. Have a good day all. Prayers for those dealing with the aftermath of the 2 recent hurricanes and also for those facing hardship and loss in their lives.

JCY
October 16th, 2018, 09:10 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ It promises to be another sunny, warmer day, which hopefully will melt away the rest of the snow. I don't have my day planned yet, but I do need to get out the vacuum & do some cleaning. I accomplished <1 hr. of sewing yest.; I need to keep working on these D9P blocks. I don't have any more time now.

Carol336
October 16th, 2018, 09:17 AM
Good morning Monique, Ginny, Joy and all that follow.
Looks a little dreary outside today, but it's not supposed to rain so I'm guessing the sun will appear eventually...at least I hope so.

Joy - you're making me feel guilty about the house cleaning.....I really need to get rid of some of the dust around here....so here's what I've decided to do. You know that 1 hour you spent sewing yesterday - well I'm going to take my one hour out on the house cleaning thing and spend the rest of the day sewing. How's that for a plan!!!

Have a lovely day everyone

SuzanneOrleansOntario
October 16th, 2018, 09:43 AM
Good morning ladies, wow, such winds last night last night. I thought I would be blown back to Kansas. Thank God I wasn't as I heard that they had snow yesterday. This is really flip flop of weather. Surprisingly, the flowers in my garden are still beautiful and my trees are still hanging on to their leaves. I really hate to cut back stuff but I may have to, otherwise, it may get buried in snow.

Yesterday, the repairman came and fixed the dishwasher. Minor fix. Yeah! No need to prop a chair against the door. I also picked up around the house, put away sandals and light clothing. I'm not ready to bring out winter stuff yet. The cleaning lady is coming today. I played for 5 hours in the sewing room. Alterations for DD. I also attached an inner and outer border to the Grand Adventure / Misty Mountain quilt. It is ready for quilting. I have the perfect backing for it. I finished hand sewing the binding on 3 Dudes king. Label needed and done. Fortunately, I had taken out a freezer meal earlier, as I was still sewing at 7.

Today, some errands. Cleaning lady after lunch; screen door for patio gets installed; and the water system will get blown out this morning. I may get my mom's laundry. She is still experiencing dizziness. I also need to contact my bank if I get no response from my message. I discovered 2 large charges using my bank card earlier this month. I track everything and I suspect that the new card I received may have been compromised through the mail system. This happened to my GF. She had a $1000 charge in Dubai. She's never been. Wow!

Have a good day everyone. I hope life returns to normal for everyone impacted by Florence and Michael.

grammaterry
October 16th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Whoa, charges on your card. That is scary. Hope the bank fixes that
Snow...yuk...I've been watching the weather and it would seem if Joy has snow it must be coming this way but haven't heard about it. Maybe I have my head buried in the sand.
60 this morning. rained again laast night.
Cleaned my bedroom yesterday and switched from summer to winter in the closet. Took most of the day. Then I went to sewing room. I am eyeing that embroidery attachment but have a piecing project on the table and need to get those pieces sewn together while they are still stacked and organized. If they go in a box, who knows when I would get them finished. So 1200 are together, another 600 to go and then I can jplay.

baslp
October 16th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Good morning. We finally will see the sun today.hopefully we will dry out some. I go and tutor my Japanese ladies. Then I have my final errands to do before I have to start packing for our trip back to South Dakota. 3 of the 4 dogs will be boarded along with the diabetic cat. Thankfully my DH will be able to help take them to the vet. I usually have to do it in 2 separate trips. I an exhausted before I even get on the plane. I am looking forward to visiting 3 quilt shops.

Everyone have a good day
Beth

toggpine
October 16th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Good morning!
It's supposed to start foggy then by lunch we are supposed to have sun again. Yea!

Another fun day of work followed by a quick run home to get chores and a chunk of homework done. Then we will head out to exercise class for a brain break before we hit that science project again.

Off to make lunches and get the kiddo out the door on time!
Make it a great day for somebody!

KPH
October 16th, 2018, 01:50 PM
Good Afternoon All,

I'm taking a break! My son dropped of the younger two at 7:30 this morning. Their mom just left with them. We've burned the batteries in the race cars Papa bought to have for them. It's two of those sets that have the tracks you can move in any position and they'll go anywhere. Well, they've been every where! Under the recliner, under the buffet, in tracks of the sliding glass door. They had such a good time, making hills taller and taller until the cars couldn't get up. I fixed tater tots and corn puppies for lunch before their mom came.

I'm planning of working on the baby quilt this afternoon. I have a bunch of half square triangles left over. I'm thinking about sewing them in a strip to put on the back. We'll see... after my break, that is!

Prayers for those that will be dealing with the aftermath of Michael. So many have lost everything, even their lives. Prayers for the linemen working so hard to restore power, as well as those working to establish a sense of normalcy for the survivors. Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Simply Quilting
October 16th, 2018, 02:34 PM
Good afternoon! Beautiful day of sunshine. Yesterday dd had four teeth pulled to make way for other teeth as she doesn't have enough room for all the teeth. The procedure went well and she has had a smooth recovery.

Today I am waiting on a plumber to clean out the main sewer line. With all of the rain and the trees, the line needs to be cleaned out. This happens every couple of years we have to clean the tree roots out.

Also for anyone who is interested, I did open the 2018 MSQC group open to anyone who would like to join to see pictures.

Have a wonderful day everyone :)

LauraP
October 16th, 2018, 02:35 PM
We are finally home again after a week with my daughter at Ft Hood, TX. She had all her teeth pulled, she only had bottom ones left, and full dentures made. Something kids don't think about when they try meth! She's been off it for years but it eats your teeth.

The weather was perfect while we were there but the day we left temps plunged. It was 85 when we left and by the time we hit the OK border it was 49. Here at home it is a crisp 56.

I woke up this morning to find my husband had covered me with the new quilt I just finished for him. Nice and toasty!

Today is going to be house cleaning. BOOOOO!!!!! But it won't get done if I don't get started. Have a great day.

JCY
October 16th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Terry ~ There is more nice weather working your way. Our snowstorm was a hit & run; it moved east quickly. Today the snow is all gone except for a few shady patches. It was 64 & sunny today, with nice weather predicted all week. Maybe even up to 70 by Sun. The ski resorts are busy making snow. Wolfe Creek already opened, & 2 others hope to open this week end.

Carol ~ I didn't get the vacuum run after all. Lol. I did laundry & sewed instead. Plus our ballots came today. DH has been studying the voter's guide for 2 wks. We voted & have the ballots ready to put in the mail tomorrow. Most of the initiatives want to raise our taxes for this & that. A little bit here, a little bit there. No! all the way. We already pay 8.515% in sales tax, which I think is even higher than Calif. & many other states.

DS#2 (lives in WA) has firmed up his plans for a visit next mo. He's flying to Dallas on Nov. 2 to visit his dau. & gr. kids, then coming here on the 8th. It will be good to see him. I know he wants to spend some time with his friends, so I'm not sure how much time we'll actually have together. He flies back on the 13th. He'll be meeting an internet friend for the first time. After being single for >20 yrs., it will be interesting to see how that goes. He just turned 50.

Well, I'm headed back to the sewing room. I'll vacuum another day.