PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Owling

toggpine
October 16th, 2018, 02:54 AM
Grand baby update: the family is home tonight. They kept them in one extra day. Miss Priss was being persnickety about her food source, and the Dr.s wanted to see her gain weight not loose it, before they let her go. At about 6.5# I can understand why.
Thank you for your well wishes for the family!

I haven't sewn much in the last couple of days, and I might not for a few more. My almost-teenager is struggling with some of her homework. We have a 60 some page science packet that has to be done and part of that is an argument paper. She is having a pretty strong reaction to writing currently. She is absolutely certain she can't write a paper and shuts down. So we will work on it bit by bit. She's not happy, but the other option is staying after school to work on it until it is done, with whomever is available to help.

I do have to get some sewing done. I have a baby shower next week for one of the teachers at school!

I'm off to catch a few winks so I can be fresh for fractions first thing in the morning! (Although I'm out if coffee creamer, and that might be a baaaad thing!)
I hope all is well in your neck of the woods! Hugs, Cathy

MaryUK
October 16th, 2018, 04:37 AM
Oh your pre-teen problems brought back such memories for me!! My daughter had 3 months off school when she was 12 due to hip surgery and the knock to her confidence affected her profoundly. She would say she can't do it and burst into tears. The only way I could help her was to sit with her and break everything down into small chunks.

Now at the age of 40 she can manage her confidence - just!!

Carol336
October 16th, 2018, 06:47 AM
So glad the little one is home. Just broke my heart to think that the dr cut her....give her lots of hugs Grammy!!!!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
October 16th, 2018, 09:24 AM
I am happy that your new GD is home. What a treasure!

I hope that things will click for your daughter, and she gets her assignment completed. I remember these days. My son struggled a lot with school as he had a learning challenge. Fortunately, we found a great retired teacher, who tutored him from grade 3 to high school, and he did exceptionally well. He went on to college, and graduated. Something the schools told us he would probably never do.