PDA

View Full Version : Monday morning hellos

Monique
October 15th, 2018, 08:15 AM
Good morning good morning. Today is supposed to be a rainy day. Hubby has to work today and that's okay. He also got called in to work yesterday. I did laundry and got it hung outside. I also straightened out the sewing room so I could move in there. I didn't get sewing, I seem to have lost some mojo but I need to get cracking on some projects. So I guess I will work on getting something done today.

Happy Monday y'all.

Star lover
October 15th, 2018, 08:36 AM
Mornin Monique and all who be on soon.....

It's awful dark and gloomy out there (if ya say it with an English accent it might sound like a line in the Mary Poppins movie?)

Well at least we had sun yesterday......

Made it into my sewing room over the weekend and finished off a pair of pillowcases. Gonna attempt another pair today.....just different from the first pair. Making them for my mom. This way she'll have a pair to switch out for the seasons or when washing.

Hoping the city makes it out soon to trim a bunch of branches that hang over the power lines. This has to be done before the tree company can cut the tree down. I'd a thought that the power company would hop on it, with winter coming soon and the danger of ice and snow that could bring it all down.....guess there's lots of trees in this same shape. It's been 2 weeks, wondering if it's ever going to happen.....

Hope everyone enjoys the day.....it's all we have....so why not?

Love, hugs and prayers for many.....thinking of Carol's surgery this week and many still suffering following Michael.

KPH
October 15th, 2018, 08:42 AM
Good Morning Monique and all that follow,

I'm not sure what's going on today. I guess that's a good way to be. DIL is off, so I'm not sure if the little ones will come this morning. Not sure if I should start putting the two borders that I quit on last night, or wait to see if they'll be here or not. Mike's ride to the airport arrives around 9:30. He's packed and ready to see his buddy. I've been harping on him, when he gets back he needs to start applying for jobs. He said something yesterday that really haunted me. I think he's not been looking for work because of I need him to be my eyes when I'm out and about. What he hasn't figured out, if he's at work, I'm not out and about!

While he's gone, I'm going to have to get busy and find a service dog. Maybe that will be the catalyst for him to get back into the working game.

Sad news this morning, the first flu death in FL for this year was a child. It seems so early, but you know they were blaring on the news this morning about the flu shot covers that kind of flu this year.

Yesterday, I skipped the laundry and worked on borders for the Christmas quilt. I had the first narrow set cut out of white. Sewed the top and bottom on... only to find out it was the wrong shade of white. So I picked out and found the right white and recut the borders. The narrow batch was done, and I started piecing the middle border. After the top and bottom, I was pooped and my back was aching from working on the dining room table. I have the rest laid out and ready to put together, as soon as I figure out if kiddies are coming or not.

J picked the menu for family dinner tonight. Chicken, with green beans, and mixed vegetables. I have everything I need. I sure hope he's not disappointed, I'm not frying the chicken. I'll bake it in parchment with lemon and butter. I'll add some mashed potatoes or butternut squash. I'll bake the cookies for dessert this morning.

Well the buzzer is going off, time to switch the laundry.

Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
October 15th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Good morning ladies,
It's going to be dull and rainy, but the sun shines with all your amazing posts.

Yesterday I went with GF and DH to the travel show. It was good, picked up a lot of information on river & other cruises, also lots of fancy bus tours. A school chum was there, and another one who is manager of one of the 6 agencies holding the show. Wow, those travel books are heavy. I think DH knows he better get serious, or I will go on solo trips.

My GF made dinner - lamb shanks and asparagus. It's her favorite and I like how she prepared it. She also made a butternut squash soup. I didn't like her version, too much balsamic vinegar. But I didn't have to make dinner. Yeah.

I ordered yesterday's DD of Kansas Troubles LC. I will probably receive before the end of the month. No rush. I called a repairman for the dishwasher and he comes today. It works as long as you prop a chair against the door. It's annoying. They didn't seem surprised when I called. We are also getting the screen door for patio door. They damaged it when they were installing the door, so it will be nice to open the door.

I have to pick up, cleaning lady is coming tomorrow. I also have to make witches fingers for GDD birthday and figure out what projects I will pack for this weekend's retreat.

Enjoy your day. Sad to hear about the little one who died of flu. It is so important to get the flu shot and immunizations. Please don't get me going if you believe these aren't necessary. I am happy to hear that one lady who left her home quickly in Florida recovered her lost wedding rings, found by one of Canada's weather people. Good for social media. Thoughts with everyone trying to put their life back together after Florence and Michael.

grammaterry
October 15th, 2018, 10:14 AM
I'm back from my trek to trade in the sewing machine. Trip went smoothly once I got on the road. MIL doctors appointment lasted two hours and then she wanted to go for lunch and a few errands. It was 3pm before I got her home and headed out. I made it to the LQS before 6 and got the machine. THen over to DD's. Hadn't been there 20 min. until the youngest son fell and cut the area above his eye under his eyebrow. We went to urgent care and they steri sutured it and then back to her house for dinner. THen we set up the machine and she gave me my first lesson. She downloaded her embroider designs for me and then we began. My goodness it is just a waiting game while the machine does its thing but it does a great job.
I got home yesterday evening and got the machine set up at home as a sewing machine and did very little piecing. It is nice. It is the same machine (as far as I can tell) as the 965Q but with the embroider feature. Now I need to figure out how to set it up for embroider on my table. The machine is configured to set down into my sewing table and of course, the attachment won't fit that way, so I'llhave to bring it up on to the table.
Its in the mid 50's but sure feels cooler than that. It rained last night. I have plenty to do to clean up the house this am, and I think maybe I will crockpot some brisket for supper.

Ginny B
October 15th, 2018, 11:19 AM
Good morning all. It's a chilly one here. Grey and breezy out there. DH is home today. He took the day off because we had a Poco concert last night. It was great as usual. Slept in a bit this morning and we had some bagels for breakfast. Now I am tackling the laundry and we will do a couple of things in the living room. We put the two new cabinets together on Saturday and I got all the cd's put away. We just need to move a couple of things on the wall around and then it is finished. I am really liking our new furniture and the way the living room is arranged now.

Monique, I hope you find your mojo. :icon_bigsmile: . Anita, hopefully the city will get to trimming those branches soon so you can get that tree taken care of. Suzanne, yes, it sure is nice to have someone else doing the cooking. I am blessed to have a hubby that likes to take a turn in the kitchen. And speaking of cooking, Katrina, your dinner sounds yummy.
Terry, have fun with your new machine. I think you will enjoy embroidery .

Have a good day all.

KarenC
October 15th, 2018, 11:52 AM
Good morning all. Sounds like you are all off to the start of a good day. I've been on a road trip with my one year old DGD. She was a great travel buddy, but I was sure glad to turn her over to mom and dad last night. My family had their annual camping trip last weekend. On the way down there, stopped to visit a cousin I had not seen in years. It was a nice visit, and they were both in good health. Everyone was glad to see the baby, although most of the time she was glued to her Mimi. It was so nice to sleep in my own bed last night. This afternoon I have a class at the LQS. We are all using the Moda cake mix or cupcake mix blocks. Looking forward to meeting some new quilters.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Cathy F
October 15th, 2018, 12:03 PM
Morning all

I am home and trying to get the wind back in my sails. I thought I was posting in the daily thread and instead posted it in with my response to Barb's post.

Needless to say we had a wonderful trip to Missouri. First to Hamilton where I shopped and then to the trunk show where I got to meet Jenny and her husband. Then to Barb and Jeff, the sweetest couple. She definitely is my long lost sister, weare so much alike. Meeting them was the highlight of our trip and our three days together went way too fast, but Barb assured us one day they would come visit us in NY. I was very teary eyed leaving.

Today is rainy and chilly so it is a good day to get some cleaning done and things put away. We did two trips back to back, Missouri then upstate so things have not gotten put away yet.

Now I must get busy sewing for our upcoming craft fair as I don't have many things made. I'm looking forward to it as I will be meeting another forum member (Ginny B.) who will be there.

Well, time to get moving before the day passes me by! Wishing everyone a good day!

Mimi_Howard
October 15th, 2018, 02:31 PM
Good Morning All....
In the "red flag" warning again, dry winds and hot temp. Hope no fires erupt.

Moving more stuff over to my money pit house today. Front bathroom has the toilet from H@ll. Two flooding events and this thing is still being stubborn, BUT I do have the cleanest bathroom floor in town! Temporarily stopped looking for a job, too much going on with the money pit. dad's health and my hunny is moving back to CA to my house, he is battling cancer. After the first of the year will definitely start looking for a part time job. Can't afford to retire completely but think I might swing semi-retirement. I sure hope so.

Should be getting flu shot this Thursday, and I sure hope it effective this year. Last year I got the flu that was not covered by the flu shot. I was so sick and took about 5 trips to urgent care too.

Hugs and prayers !

Sylvia H
October 15th, 2018, 02:54 PM
good morning everyone! It looks like I am getting this posted just under the wire, again, at least for EST! I dfeid some research myself regarding drug interractions. I have been taking my levothyroxin as soon as I wake up, and then waiting 30 - 60 minutes and then taking the ferrous sulfate for my anemia. After that, I still have to wait an hour before eating. Well, my research indicates that I was taking those two medications too close together. There should be about 4 hours between them. So, I now I have another schedule. Take the levothyroxin, wait the hour, eat breakfast, wait 3 hours and take the ferrous sulfate. (I can take it 2 - 3 hours after eating as well.) I take the levo just once a day, but I have to take the ferrous sulfate 2x's/day. The ferrous sulfate doesn't seem to interact badly with any of my other meds, so, other this AM juggling act, I should be okay.

Well, I have done more than take medicine and eat breakfast this morning! I have paid bills and sorted through a pile of mail. Because of being sick, that pile of mail was getting pretty large. Now there is a larger amount in the paper recycle bin.

This afternoon, I am going to go through more fabric in the hope of finding a combination that I like for fall colored placemats. If I can accomplish this, I look forward to also getting my work spaces organized again.

It is time to make some vegetable soup for lunch. I will use my Instant Pot electric pressure cooker, so I'll have that soup in about 30 minutes or less. I don't even have to cut up any vegetables, because I am using all frozen veggies.

JCY
October 15th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Good Afternoon, Everyone ~ I'm just now getting here. Once I checked my 2 e-m accts., I didn't have any time at 6 a.m. for the Forum. I spent the morning in the kitchen making DH's chicken soup. It made 12 qts. which now are in the freezer. Also did 1 load of laundry.

What a gorgeous day we're having! Clear, sunny, but soooo cold. It was only 20 deg. this a.m. -- even down into the teens per the web. It's actually warmed up to 50, which is warmer than they predicted. Snow that clung to the tree branches gradually is falling off, bringing down a lot of leaves. So thankful we didn't have any limb breakage. According to today's newspaper, we got between 5" & 7" of snow yest. I measured 5" on our picnic table, but 6-8" on the grassy areas.

I'm making progress on the D9P baby quilt. I have 4 blocks made + a sample & a mistake, which will become a practice sandwich. With chain piecing it goes fairly quickly. I'm hoping to have it done by the 27th if at all possible.

Finally heard from DS#2 (lives in WA); he's planning a visit here ~ Nov. 8. DS#1 (lives in MD) hopes to visit mid-Dec. after a business trip to Okla. City. I don't get to see family very often. DH can tolerate only 1 son visiting at a time; he gets anxious & stressed out when there are any changes in his daily routine. Kind of puts a damper on things, but we deal with things as they are. And I haven't been able to get away for a vacation for 5 yrs. All part of that "for better or worse" we pledged to on our wedding day.

Well, I'm ready for a cup of coffee; I will work more on my Bible study lesson for Wed. More sewing later today.