PDA

View Full Version : Hope it's okay to post this

Carolnnc
October 11th, 2018, 02:25 PM
Whew! The house went on the market today & I am totally exhausted. Wanted to share the link if it's okay. Just wanted to brag a bit on my handiwork (painted the whole house right by myself).

155513155514155515[ATTACH=CONFIG]155516[/ATTACH}

LLLinda
October 11th, 2018, 02:35 PM
Well done. Now I hope you can rest a while.

Grey Lady
October 11th, 2018, 02:44 PM
Your house looks wonderful. All the hard work really shows.

Mimi_Howard
October 11th, 2018, 02:57 PM
What a beautiful house.

DeniseSm
October 11th, 2018, 03:11 PM
It looks great. Hope you get a great price.

nativetexan
October 11th, 2018, 03:31 PM
Wow, i should have invited you over to do mine a couple of years ago. I ran out of steam and sold it As Is. Still, got a lot for it.
your's should do very well in the market. Looks Great!!

chelea
October 11th, 2018, 03:40 PM
What a beautiful home! It's immaculate, inside and out. I'll bet it isn't on the market very long...you've done a wonderful job.

KPH
October 11th, 2018, 04:06 PM
You're hard work is going to pay off! Sit back and enjoy the ride.

jjkaiser
October 11th, 2018, 04:21 PM
You have a lovely home and yard. The paint job is A plus! So how come you are selling? No sewing room lol ?!!

Navy Wife
October 11th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Very nice! I'll hire you to do mine. I painted a little in the kitchen yesterday. I'm too old to climb ladders, and too short to reach without one. We're not selling ours, just cleaning up and painting.

Carlie Wolf
October 11th, 2018, 04:44 PM
That looks beautiful! I bet it will sell fast, it's really lovely and just love that yard!

laura44
October 11th, 2018, 05:27 PM
Lovely home, looks very welcoming and so neat.
The curb appeal is A++

JCY
October 11th, 2018, 06:54 PM
Home Sweet Home! It's a restful place. Who wouldn't want to buy that?! You did yourself proud.

grammaterry
October 11th, 2018, 08:40 PM
Your post this weekend will probably be that there is a bidding war going on.

MissMay
October 11th, 2018, 09:23 PM
Such a lovely house, it should sell quickly.

Carolnnc
October 11th, 2018, 09:48 PM
You have a lovely home and yard. The paint job is A plus! So how come you are selling? No sewing room lol ?!!

I promised DH if we lived near our jobs then I'd move to the country when he retired. My requirements for the new house is a large quilting room, a big kitchen and a barn so I can get me a mule to ride into town.

Carolnnc
October 11th, 2018, 09:56 PM
Very nice! I'll hire you to do mine. I painted a little in the kitchen yesterday. I'm too old to climb ladders, and too short to reach without one. We're not selling ours, just cleaning up and painting.

Thank you but my painting days have just ended. I fell off the ladder at least six times. DH yelled at me for standing on the kitchen cabinets so could paint above them. He told me I was too old to be climbing (I'm 63). I got mad and told him I'd been climbing up on things all my life since I'm short AND I'm not old.

Carolnnc
October 11th, 2018, 09:58 PM
Your post this weekend will probably be that there is a bidding war going on.

Showings start at 1:00 tomorrow and even with the bad weather there are four appointments already. I'd love a bidding war and someone with a pocket full of cash.

Carolnnc
October 11th, 2018, 10:01 PM
That looks beautiful! I bet it will sell fast, it's really lovely and just love that yard!

Thank you. I really wanted to plant a lot in the front yard. Nothing wanted to live there except for the flower bed next to the porch and the ugly foundation bushes.

Carolnnc
October 11th, 2018, 10:02 PM
Wow, i should have invited you over to do mine a couple of years ago. I ran out of steam and sold it As Is. Still, got a lot for it.
your's should do very well in the market. Looks Great!!

Thanks. I hit the wall on Monday and slept the entire day, ate dinner and went back to sleep.

Hulamoon
October 11th, 2018, 10:29 PM
Really pretty! I would buy it for the yard alone! I have two acres, but you can't get to the back half because of the jungle. In fact in 35 yrs Iv'e never been back there. So much for big plans. lol

Good luck on your sale!

cv quilter
October 11th, 2018, 10:36 PM
Beautiful!!! I wish you were here. I used to paint our home, too. Now...I need to, but just don't have much more in me. I hope your home will sell quickly and you can move on. Wanna come and paint mine? lol

Rhonda K
October 11th, 2018, 10:49 PM
Your home is lovely and shows well. The pictures are just right. You've done a great job getting it ready. Best wishes for your future move.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
October 11th, 2018, 11:15 PM
You did a wonderful job, in and out. Relax and wait for the offers.

auntiemern
October 11th, 2018, 11:25 PM
Looking good. You will sell that beauty in no time.

Monique
October 12th, 2018, 08:15 AM
What a beautiful home. No doubt it will be snatched up quickly.

Ginny B
October 12th, 2018, 08:50 AM
What a beautiful home. I am sure someone is going to fall in love with it and snap it up. What a great job you did.

Simply Quilting
October 12th, 2018, 01:07 PM
What a very nice home with such a peaceful sitting.

Carolnnc
October 12th, 2018, 11:15 PM
Well I had to vacate the house from 12:30 until 7:00 pm today. There were 13 showings and three shows of interest. There are already four showings set for tomorrow. I'm not doing anything but it's making me tired!

I think the realtor will get with us late Monday to go through the offers and talk about them. I've had a deep gut feeling that the person who's supposed to buy the house isn't here yet and will show up next Wednesday. Of course I'm getting the eye roll from everyone.

Thanks for all the kind and encouraging words. I appreciate the support from all of you.

dwil23
October 13th, 2018, 06:00 AM
How pretty! It should sell very quickly - and I know that will be a big relief for you.

amartin24
October 15th, 2018, 02:02 PM
I can see why you've had so many showings and interest. Your home is beautiful and clean inside and out. The painting is very nice and neutral nice colors. Nothing cluttered or personal either which makes for showing and selling a house easy. You should be sold very soon I would think. Do you have a place to go to if it sells quickly?

Carolnnc
October 15th, 2018, 08:50 PM
The house went under contract today. We had 31 viewings between Friday at noon and yesterday at 6 pm.
Our neighbor who stays out of town has offered us his house for a couple of months while we look for a house. I'm struggling with being next door to the home that I have loved for 11 years.
We are looking at the counties that border NC & Va for our retirement home. We may end up in Va or still in NC.

grammaterry
October 15th, 2018, 08:55 PM
congratulations. That was quick and fairly painless to have it sell in so few days. Lots of showings. Was there a bidding war?
The house went under contract today. We had 31 viewings between Friday at noon and yesterday at 6 pm.
Our neighbor who stays out of town has offered us his house for a couple of months while we look for a house. I'm struggling with being next door to the home that I have loved for 11 years.
We are looking at the counties that border NC & Va for our retirement home. We may end up in Va or still in NC.

cv quilter
October 15th, 2018, 09:04 PM
Congratulations, Carol. I hope all goes well with the appraisal and closing! That was pretty fast. Your home deserved every one of those 31 viewings.
You know, now that you know your house has sold, it might be great to take advantage of the offer of your neighbor to rent until you get a new home. You can really get to know the people who purchased your home and see what they hope to do with it.

KPH
October 15th, 2018, 09:28 PM
Congratulations! That was soooooooo quick! Good luck with all the little detaily stuff from the second stage of the selling process. I hope you find something that will make your heart sing... with that huge sewing room that you wanted!

Carlie Wolf
October 15th, 2018, 09:39 PM
Wow, that's WONDERFUL! The time will go by quickly even if you are next door and it will be so much fun dreaming of your large sewing room et al :-) Just think you can spend this time designing your ideal sewing room and you'll have the money to put it any way you want :-)

Star lover
October 16th, 2018, 06:58 AM
Congratulations! Remarkably fast! Now onto your dream sewing room......and that mule!

Carolnnc
October 16th, 2018, 11:56 AM
congratulations. That was quick and fairly painless to have it sell in so few days. Lots of showings. Was there a bidding war?

We didn't have a bidding war but we did have eight offers. One buyer came in with a really good offer that was over all the others so we decided to go with them. I feel like I ran the Boston Marathon!

amartin24
October 16th, 2018, 12:39 PM
That is awesome! You are very blessed!